Looking for Site Suggestions

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
Petty43
League Member

Re: Looking for Site Suggestions

Post by Petty43 »

On the points page having the number of points you are behind the leader etc. and how many positions in the standings you gained, stayed, or lost after each official race.
Example
1 -- Jimmie J 6073 Leader
2 +1 Greg Biffle 5924 -149
3 -1 Jeff Burton 5921 -152
4 -- Carl Edwards 5875 -198
5 -- Clint Bowyer 5831 -242
6 -- Kevin Harvick 5817 -256
7 +1 Jeff Gordon 5798 -275
8 -1 Tony Stewart 5735 -338
9 +1 Dale Jr. 5694 -379
10 +1 Matt Kenseth 5665 -408
11 +1 Denny Hamlin 5653 -420
12 -3 Kyle Busch 5628 -445
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

The first stage of the process is complete...all of the 2002-2008 stuff has returned. Enjoy the statistics :P . We can implement or were already planning to implement most of these suggestions, but I don't know about race summaries. We simply need someone or someones to step up. I think video clips is a great idea and we could easily post that kind of stuff on the website. Someone just needs to be clutch and step up because the admins are strung out too thin during the season to produce race recaps.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

great job lepage, i love that you guys added stats for short track, super speedways, road courses, and intermediate..Gives me the info on what type of track i need to work harder on for next year. And thanks for posting all the stats from 2002 to the present.

keep up the great work! :alien:
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I think with the topic of video which would be cool and pretty easy to do since it's done anyway. Having a short video clip of the "Move of the Race" during each race would be cool. Since with the new site stats and such. Which looks great and thanks for all the hard work NHRL and it's admins. My first races at NHRL i was awarded the move of the race. I never saved the replays since i was a total noob. Would be nice to see what i actually did to be awarded this honor my first 2 races at NHRL.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

True Petty about the short vid clips. I ain't up to speed on that. I think you would need fraps or some other recorder to make it. I tried running fraps during a race a few years back and it made my screen jumpy. Sounds interesting though.
The site has tons of info now and isnt even completed yet. Check out my defunct team on the team pages, BBFF rocks the house dawg! And "BOOM!" goes the dynamite.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Boom! and boy was that hot, LOL.

Adam Edwards, and a couple others make the vids over at FTSR. The quality of those vids are very nice, but they're a little lenghty and over the top.

Remember the Preview video for the NHRL cup mod? 2quick4 you made that one for me. If I could get in touch with brandon, I could find out exactly how he did it, and that would be a future possibility. I can't make any promises of course, but if I find out what all he used, I could help one of these young guns get started. Heck, they could probably already show most of us a thing or two aobut video making. lol. Also, Some of the guys in the PTC COT League where those vids were, are also in this leauge. We could see how they are doing it.

I still think the front page should at least have the headline of the week. i.e. DriverX wins at Xville.... etc.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

i like petty's idea i have hypercam 2 works fine besides the flickering... gotta figure that out
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Brasshat
Forum Member

Post by Brasshat »

Team standings. A thing where members can edit there team profiles/ regular profiles.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

After some thinking and some forum browsing, seeing some certain individuals editing skills of mishaps proper prcedures and what not. I nominate Reefer Racings own REEF for the video portion .Sorry to dime you out bud but your the front running candidate, if not hit me up and ill try to to do a trial run on it with CTS.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Well I guess I could give it a shot. All I need are a few details such as video ouput size, max length, what type of highlights are we lookin for, that type of thing.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Rookiesrock wrote:True Petty about the short vid clips. I ain't up to speed on that. I think you would need fraps or some other recorder to make it. I tried running fraps during a race a few years back and it made my screen jumpy. Sounds interesting though.
The site has tons of info now and isnt even completed yet. Check out my defunct team on the team pages, BBFF rocks the house dawg! And "BOOM!" goes the dynamite.
hehe Love that dynamite!! :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Try fraps or hypercam 2 then use movie editor. Not sure if thats what your looking for though. I can put some stuff together. I posted some vids on youtube of my first race at nhrl. I taped the frame rate too low so thats why the cars flash. (i had only 75% of frames being taped). Maybe I can do something if nobody wants to. Maybe the most exciting moment of race or last 10 laps or so. Dunno. Please do not just say " Bmx you dont know anything so shut it" I am offering to make a vid if i HAVE to. Nice idea whoever came up with it.

Also Gtsvip9 who has been making ptc chase clips is doing pretty good. He doesnt have sound or anything

WORST CASE SCENARIO
Last edited by bmxtwins on Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

your assistance will not be needed. I am quite keen on how to make videos and edit them, thank you
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

LOL.. The two of you...
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I also have another. When using Mozilla Firefox they give you a little icon in your bookmarks. NHRL and the forum seem not to have one. Would be nice to have a logo instead of a plain looking page type of number. :grin:
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

All those ideas are great. I love the video idea.

I am still going to keep bugging about weekly news until I finally see "Bover907 Releases League Ready......" bumped down by something.

like in '04, each week would be something like what the current Cup, NBS or CTS headline says, only pick the best one, and make it home page top news stroy too.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I like the video idea also. I'll say one thing though. When i was started doing the race reports and such, it took a long as time to review replays other than what i didn't see thru my windshield. I do believe a short 10 second clip of the move of the race would be cool with me. I liked and enjoyed doing that, but most important. It was taking away precious practice time. Plus with racing here building setups for CTS, and building and racing over at Speedsims, that's a lot of time. So if somebody does a short clip of each race, that goes a long way and we should all thank the hell out of you for taking the time do it. Well except if it's BMX. :lol:
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Was that BOOM over at Reef Racing the meth lab?
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Ole Rathbun has some good videos, theres one on youtube of the NH race. Check it out!! Bmxkiddy has some to of Daytona practise or something but they suck @$$.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

someone actualy watched the vid i made shocking.....
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net