Running New Tracks In League

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Would You Like To Run The New Tracks Made For The Advanced Mod In This League (SP, NS, Ect)

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 11

DusterLag
League Member

Running New Tracks In League

Post by DusterLag »

Just From Curiosity...
I know that we will not be updating mods to newer creations, which is good, however
I think it would be great to start running the newer tracks that have been released for SP, NS, ect for the advanced mod...
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Re: Running New Tracks In League

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

i think thats a great idea, the sc and ts track pack for the platinum mod have all the tracks that are newly paved updated, also a banked homestead, and a mansfield track, which i think should be run in the truck series this winter. its nice to see the latest billboards and such, since i drive slow enough to read them as i go by.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I disliked the sp tracks. I havent tried the sc or ts tracks.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

I would just stick with the normal tracks that come on the game. We run the SP tracks at PTC and there are a few loading issues with some of the SP tracks and we have to use the original anyway. They really aren't that spectacular. Now the Allstar NX track that i think definitely needs to be added to the schedule, just something about those yellow walls.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I believe Skoty has tested some of those places online and they're pretty much worthless for multiplayer. There are all sorts of warping problems and other unpleasant glitches.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

And it would require Lepage to rework his "sticky" tracks.
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

I tested several of the NX tracks when they were released. These tracks were made with the offline racer in mind and due to all the high res graphics are not very online friendly. Since the NX, SP, NW, TS and what have you tracks were all made by the same person, I assume they all have online issues. As far as Miami. To my knowledge the banked version was never completed. I just tried Mansfield and see several issues of concern without even trying it online. I don't see us ever using any of these tracks in a league setting.....plus it would require Lepage to rework his "sticky" tracks..... :badgrin:
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

i have the miami banked version, its awesome, but it is very high res, it is called Night Miami TS, the normal Miami for SC and NW is not banked for some reason .. but i do understand about the problems created with high resolutions. also, immediately following my post about mansfield, i loaded up the cts, hopped onto mansfield and realized that the pits make absolutely no sense, they are like an afterthought, and i knew that it would be garbage for an organized series to run an online race there.

i do have a video from fraps of me on the banked homestead, it took forever and it still wouldnt load in the attachment section, or i would have posted it already.
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

we tried to use night miami for an unofficial all star race, and yes there were issues. Those are GREAT tracks for OFFLINERS. key word being offliners.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image