Miami Penalties

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Miami Penalties

Post by Skoty Speed »

There were several penalties at Miami. However, because most of them were pitting related, and most of the violators were rookies, we decided to throw out all penalties for this race. We realize that we have a lengthy rules page and it's hard for new guys to remember everything in the first race.

Here is a list of what would have been penalties. Please look them over and learn from these mistakes. We will be penalizing for these violations at Dover. If you have any questions or would like an explanation of a penalty, please ask here or find me on AIM or Yahoo.

YGM_Jesse Driving through pit stalls. laps 6,9,21,35,50, and 56 Illegal pit exit, lap 57 Dangerous Driving lap 40.

Goober Dangerous Driving lap 1 Illegal pit entrance lap 47

retro Dangerous driving lap 22

YGM_Diesel Driving through pit stalls laps 37,41,47,54, Dangerous Driving lap 46 Illegal pit entrance lap 54 Illegal pit exit lap 55

Jes Illegal pit exit lap 53

Again, if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks, Skoty
Petty43
League Member

Re: Miami Penalties

Post by Petty43 »

If penalties are not going to be enforced than what's the point. For all the other rookie drivers who are following the rules does that give us a "giveme" for the rest of the season. If i am not mistaken all drivers have to read the rules before they race, and understand them. In my opinion rules should be enforced, even if your a rookie. That's all i have to say about that.
Petty43
TyMac
League Member

Post by TyMac »

I have to agree with Petty43. Rookies are no different from veterans in having to know the rules and how to follow them. I, for one, want to know when I break the rules and have a penalty enforced because then I learn from it. If the rules are "exempt" from rookies in Miami, does this mean that if I make a mistake in Dover, I can use the excuse that "Well this person didn't get one in Miami for the same thing"? That seems highly unfair. I, as a rookie in my first season with this league, don't want to be treated special or exempt from ANY rule that pertains to this league just because I am a rookie and I think that other drivers would agree. Rules are rules regardless of your status in the season or the amount of years in a league. If you didn't read them and don't follow them, you shouldn't be on the track. Mistakes are mistakes, but if you don't learn from them, then they become repetitious, and no longer mistakes, it becomes wreckless.
Ty MacNeil
#59 Tim Horton's/Canadian Tire Dodge
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Looks like someone opened a can of :worm: 's
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

Yeah i dont understand why these penalties arnt counting either...

your meaning to tell me i could have skipped the inner pit road and gained alot of time each pit stop and not been penalized?

also was counting on these penalties so i could get caught back up in the points.

Everyone knows the rules going in, or should have at least read them.

The dangerous driving penalties should be counting no matter what. How many of those dangerous driving situations caused wrecks for other people and ruined their race?????
Last edited by Donaldson on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

For the record, i was not privvy to this.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Kinda like in Pennsylvania when the legislators 'legislated' themselves a nice pay raise at 2:00 in the morning, lol. Looks like they slipped one by ya. lol.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I don't want to spoil the outrage, but the dirty little secret is that, traditionally, whenever a large group of new drivers appears in a season-starting race, we have often let penalties (if not too egregious) slide ONCE. Similarly, in drivers' first races (such as in the middle of a season), we frequently give them one break and afterwards explain what we expect during league races. This encapsulates six seasons. Consider it NHRL's version of the presidential pocket veto. You do not have to like this particular situation, but it isn't a one-time bonus we suddenly invented for this week's particular culprits. I will also point out that many posters on this forum have received such breaks. :grin:

I commend the new drivers who had ZERO violations at Miami. Given your attention to the rules, you're going to have an advantage throughout the season over drivers who can't follow them (and this was also reflected in your finishing position at Miami).

However, given that I've revealed this, I wouldn't expect to see these breaks at Daytona in CUP or NBS in 2008 ;).
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

hey I know the rule i spun on lap 53 (i have been told) and went up the track I knew i would be penalized and just for the record i also think ALL penalties should be handed out i was and still am willing to except my punishment :sad: also i dont beleive i hit anyone (or at least not hard enough to spin them 8)
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I hear worms fried are sometimes good dipped in some ketchup. Or Catsup if you prefer. You know i've never gone to that extreme. Maybe someday when Im casting my line, drinking a cold one, and on the radio they have a Moody Blues song on, just watching the sunset, then my eyes procede to those orangish clouds waiting for that bass to get itself a bit of worm and hook.
Petty43

P.S. Thanks for the explanation Lepage.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

jesse rathbun wrote:hey I know the rule i spun on lap 53 (i have been told) and went up the track I knew i would be penalized and just for the record i also think ALL penalties should be handed out i was and still am willing to except my punishment :sad: also i dont beleive i hit anyone (or at least not hard enough to spin them 8)
ok, if the league wont penalize you and you still request one, the kangaroo court will have to step up and think of a good solution.

your penalty...hmmmm....ok, you have to go fishing with Petty43 and sit on his lap while he sings "Ride my see saw"
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

LMAO @ Efgordon..

Lepage, glad to hear that you won't be giving any breaks @ daytona Cup & Nbs!!! 8)
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I could think of some alternative penalties if jes insists...but to ef's disappoinment, no, it wouldn't involved wearing underpants outside of your regular pants :doubt:
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

i am defentily NOT requesting a penalty :shock: but i have had them in the past and probubly have them in the future but i am workin on that :oops: :lol:
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

Cupcakes taste very good
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Are those the same cupcakes that are made at the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen? I hear those are some mighty fine eatin's. About the lap sitting, I think you know my policy. Heh Heh. Oh you know what, I hear eating Cupcakes and Doritos makes you faster. The powdered cheese remnits mixed with the hint of milk, eggs, and the fluffy mix makes for a good grip on your steering wheel. Hey, like I said. I heard that somewhere. Heh Heh.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

yes i did a study and my research has shown that the confetti cupcake will offer the most when it comes to endurance and alertness. However, doritos make a very convincing agruement as well. Not only do they get you energized but with the combintaion of peanut butter sandwhich mixed with doritos between the slices offers an even more powerful experience than youll ever dream off.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I want some of what you guys are smoking! :ezboardpimp
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Heh Heh. Peanut Butter, i think i read that on the forum before, but i could be mistaken. On occasion i would think for some alertness on the race track, have a banana with that peanut butter would help out a bit. Now if you really want to get serious you'd have some finger carrots with a big bowl of Hidden Valley Ranch dressing to really spice things up. Man could you imagine the beta flowing thru your body. It would be like those endorphins we experience. Man i'm really getting some good idea's here. Thanks for the tip on the sprinkles Donaldson, I will have to remember that for Marty. Heh Heh.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Donaldson wrote:yes i did a study and my research has shown that the confetti cupcake will offer the most when it comes to endurance and alertness. However, doritos make a very convincing agruement as well. Not only do they get you energized but with the combintaion of peanut butter sandwhich mixed with doritos between the slices offers an even more powerful experience than youll ever dream off.

Heh Heh. Classic. Lol.