rule 1-A 1

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

rule 1-A 1

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I-A 1. The league administrators try to enforce the rules fairly and consistently. If you believe we've made a mistake, then you may request a secondary review for a penalty. In order to dispute a penalty, you must send us a private message on the forum within one week after the appropriate race results have been updated on the website

Does this rule apply now or after any penalties have been accessed? If the latter, could we please be notified on the
forum immediately after penalties for each race has been completed.That way, anyboby wanting a secondary review will
not miss the "one week ' deadline. thank you.(not that i have any issues with any possible penalties,YET..lol,just want
to give a heads up ,seeing as the penalties for each individual race have no exact date as to when they may be posted)

Also , on another note, is the "FORGIVENESS RULE " still in effect this year? :mrgreen
bover907
League Administrator

Re: rule 1-A 1

Post by bover907 »

You answered your own question by highlighting the answer in red, so I don't understand what the question is. If someone goes on for a week without ever visiting the web site, shame on them, I say.

When you see the finishing order posted on the site, it's not official until "Under Review" in the penalties gets replaced with a list of penalties or "None". You have one week from that date, to submit a request for a secondary review.

Under normal circumstances, the official results are posted wednesday or thursday following a race. Sometimes, i.e. road course events, the results take a little bit longer. I don't see a need to post in the forum every time race results are updated. check the website out at least twice a week.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

bover907 wrote:You answered your own question by highlighting the answer in red, so I don't understand what the question is. If someone goes on for a week without ever visiting the web site, shame on them, I say.

When you see the finishing order posted on the site, it's not official until "Under Review" in the penalties gets replaced with a list of penalties or "None". You have one week from that date, to submit a request for a secondary review.

Under normal circumstances, the official results are posted wednesday or thursday following a race. Sometimes, i.e. road course events, the results take a little bit longer. I don't see a need to post in the forum every time race results are updated. check the website out at least twice a week.
I think he was asking because in the past it has taken months for penalties to be input, we never know how fast these will be completed based on past experience.

Also his second question was about the Forgiveness Rule for penalties.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

You answered your own question by highlighting the answer in red, so I don't understand what the question is. If someone goes on for a week without ever visiting the web site, shame on them, I say.

Shame on you Bover! Speedy's question is a legitimate one. Sometimes penalties get posted 4 or more weeks later. Expecting a member to check numerous pages of results, which could be 8 or more, lacks transparency. One could see how posting penalties sporadically, with no public acknowledment, triggering a week long clock, could be viewed as sneeky. If an admin wants to send me a pm whenever they post penalties, I will gladly post informing everyone the clock is ticking. Admins seem to send PM's and post back and forth numerous times a week. One more won't hurt you Bover.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Rookiesrock wrote: Shame on you Bover! Speedy's question is a legitimate one. Sometimes penalties get posted 4 or more weeks later. Expecting a member to check numerous pages of results, which could be 8 or more, lacks transparency. One could see how posting penalties sporadically, with no public acknowledment, triggering a week long clock, could be viewed as sneeky. If an admin wants to send me a pm whenever they post penalties, I will gladly post informing everyone the clock is ticking. Admins seem to send PM's and post back and forth numerous times a week. One more won't hurt you Bover.

It wouldn't be that hard to post a message in the race results topics notifying the results are official and penalties have been posted.
In Reef we trust.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

ok ok you all got me. There, happy?

Granted, we (admins) and most notably myself DO need to do a better job of being more consistent with the timeliness of our race reviews. Please don't fault Lp, Skoty or Retro, as the delays are on me, most of the time.

I was just a little put off by the (perceived) tone with which I interpreted his question. (sorry, Speedy)

Anyway, just to be clear, you have one week from when the results get updated with the list of penalties (or lack thereof), and I'll make an effort to post a message in the forum, in the event that they're late, as to when they've been updated.

Finally, yes, the forgiveness rule is still in effect which is why it is still on the rules page, under section III-D 1. I forgot to answer that question in my original reply. Again, my apologies.

Finally, I encourage every returning member to read the rules page at the beginning of every season, and Thank you all for your support.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We could always go back to the old way, where we didn't post any results until the penalties were ready. :meanlaughter

One thing to add, to lessen the pile on bover a bit, is that this would never be an issue. We're always lenient in any situation where we create a delay and/or confusion like that. So it would never get to that point in the first place. So far, I can't ever recall this type of problem with a league member, although a slightly confused admin once tried to forgive a four-month-old penalty.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Only thing I don't understand is why you asked if the forgiveness rule was still in effect when it is right on the rules page, two sections under the rule you so beautifully quoted in the OP.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Imho penalties need ti be released for road course rounds so drivers can see what they did wrong. (
Like me... Ag nbs mexico lol
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

mustangman759 wrote:Imho penalties need ti be released for road course rounds so drivers can see what they did wrong. (
Like me... Ag nbs mexico lol
Not sure if I'm reading this right. Are you saying releasing road course penalties faster then oval races? They do release the penalties here on the site for every type of racing they do. Now if your talking about releasing a road course race penalties faster, that ain't easy thing to do. When we did our last LFS series with 20 plus drivers at RC tracks, it was not a walk in the park to review those races. To review every single drivers race is no freaking picnic, and takes several hours to do a good job to review it properly. Then comes the part of reviewing each incident, and finding out exactly what happened. It's one of those tasks that admins have to do in every league, are very time consuming, and under appreciated at times, of how much of there free time it eats up of there own personal time. I can remember spending entire Sundays reviewing races. Not much fun, imho..
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Oh I know, i spend enough time running an endurance league. But i am just pounting out how r1 pens are not out and it is r3 a roadcourse
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net