Thrustmaster Wheel

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Donaldson
League Member

Thrustmaster Wheel

Post by Donaldson »

Anyone know how to calibrate or download a calibration tool for a "Thrustmaster Nascar Pro Digital" racing wheel? The brake and gas pedals work but the steering is way off. I've tried a few calibration tools but none of them have fixed it.
mustangman759
League Member

Re: Thrustmaster Wheel

Post by mustangman759 »

Have you checked the thrustmaster site for software and drivers? if its not there send them a support ticket
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Don do you have Windows 7?
In Reef we trust.
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

windows xp. yes i tried their site mustang, downloaded the drivers and a calibration v3 tool but that was useless.i remember the first time i had this wheel it took me like 2 weeks of searching online to find the right calibration thing for it. i might just have to toss it in the trash.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

don i have the same wheel and have the same problem with the wheel that u do and i have not figure out how to fix it ether i really gave up on trying to fix and sent off for a new wheel lol but i wish u all the luck hope u get it fixed
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

yeah its very frustrasting..the last 4 races ive done ive had to hold my thumb on the wheel button for gas and brake and is really a pain..was hoping someone had a quick fix because i really dont feel like spending 50 hours searching for the right tool to fix it..ive heard thrustmasters tech support is useless so no point in wasting time calling them.i think i will have to order a new wheel alltogether.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Donaldson wrote:yeah its very frustrasting..the last 4 races ive done ive had to hold my thumb on the wheel button for gas and brake and is really a pain..was hoping someone had a quick fix because i really dont feel like spending 50 hours searching for the right tool to fix it..ive heard thrustmasters tech support is useless so no point in wasting time calling them.i think i will have to order a new wheel alltogether.
Whats wrong with the pedals?
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

the pedals to the thrust master are fine. its the steering that wont work. I've had to use my other wheel (logitech) which has no pedals with it so I've had to use the buttons on the wheel for gas and brake. god forbid they make pedals compatible with other wheels.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Donaldson wrote:the pedals to the thrust master are fine. its the steering that wont work. I've had to use my other wheel (logitech) which has no pedals with it so I've had to use the buttons on the wheel for gas and brake. god forbid they make pedals compatible with other wheels.
Can you use them in combination? Meaning have both wheels connected using the pedals from one and the wheel on the other. Assuming you have enough plugs (I assume USB) that would work just fine as long as you setup Heat's control page correctly.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

what type of Logitech wheel is it?
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Mustang you should send your momo stuff to donaldson. Then he could use the pedals.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

yea if your fine with it and Don wants it thats fine. Just needs cleaning. If you want the pedals and or the wheel thats fine, Gotta get that Momo outa here
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

http://list.driverguide.com/list/company1051/index.html

From DaveO.

As long as you have the driver installed, Windows should be able to calibrate the wheel under the devices/game controller tab in Control Panel. Strange how the calibaration tool you downloaded doesn't work properly. I hope this works for you.
In Reef we trust.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Donaldson wrote:Can you use them in combination? Meaning have both wheels connected using the pedals from one and the wheel on the other. Assuming you have enough plugs (I assume USB) that would work just fine as long as you setup Heat's control page correctly.
Yes! You can.Connect the Logitech (wheel) 1st then boot up computer. It will set as the "default id #1" device, so you can use your profiler , with all your pitting commands etc.Then connect the Thrustmaster(pedals), go to Control panel and check "Game controllers" making sure both devices are listed and say "OK".To force the logitech , if you have to, to the id #1 spot , go to Global Profiler settings in profiler and make it look like the pic below....in this case i used NHRLc11 mod, but you set it to whichever mod your running!
As far as the calibration for the Thrustmaster , you can use the wingman teams "Clear Calibration Utility" found here....http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm It doesn't matter what brand u have either. It just clears the previous calibration settings in your registry.
Logitech Profiler.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

SpeedyExiter wrote:
Donaldson wrote:Can you use them in combination? Meaning have both wheels connected using the pedals from one and the wheel on the other. Assuming you have enough plugs (I assume USB) that would work just fine as long as you setup Heat's control page correctly.
Yes! You can.Connect the Logitech (wheel) 1st then boot up computer. It will set as the "default id #1" device, so you can use your profiler , with all your pitting commands etc.Then connect the Thrustmaster(pedals), go to Control panel and check "Game controllers" making sure both devices are listed and say "OK".To force the logitech , if you have to, to the id #1 spot , go to Global Profiler settings in profiler and make it look like the pic below....in this case i used NHRLc11 mod, but you set it to whichever mod your running!
As far as the calibration for the Thrustmaster , you can use the wingman teams "Clear Calibration Utility" found here....http://www.wingmanteam.com/latest_software/gadgets.htm It doesn't matter what brand u have either. It just clears the previous calibration settings in your registry.
Logitech Profiler.png
It was a question for Donaldson (his desire), I know you can. lol
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

oh sorry Dusterlag, i read it thinking Donalson had asked that question.Saw the "D' at the start of the name and just assumed Donaldson was asking.oops :mrgreen
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

thanks for the help guys. unfortunately its still not working. i just went all office space on it and destroyed it. These are great wheels but they are just a pain in the ass to get working correctly as speedy understands. I'm just gonna have to save up and get a new model altogether because I'm tired of racing like my wheel is a joystick. I do really appreciate all the help and suggestions though!
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

I'm using a g27. Worth the investment if you can afford it, lasted 2 years without any issues so far.