2009 Pitting Rules

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should drivers be required to be single file on pit road?

Yes
38%
No
63%

Total votes: 24

Skoty Speed
League Administrator

2009 Pitting Rules

Post by Skoty Speed »

Please post questions and comments after voting.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: 2009 Pitting Rules

Post by Rookiesrock »

Going in 2 wide is okay but exiting should be single file imo.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

I say no, if your 2 wide you should be ahware of which one of your pits stalls come first and let up for the drivers stall that is coming up first. Courtesy...
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Correct Stick but if a guy don't have a rule against it then he doesn't have to. Do you want the race in that guys hands?
RoushFenway9916
League Member

Post by RoushFenway9916 »

I would say allow it to be like the real thing... single file by the time you get to the line, but coming out you don't have to be.
Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I'm more concerned with drivers violating pitting procedures,allowing them to gain valuable time on other drivers that are following the rules. Sure, they get a 5 pt penalty for each infraction, But I've noticed some instances,(and I will be more than welcome to SHOW and explain them to anyone per their request) whereas they gained a higher finishing position, then they would have if they followed procedures, thereby receiving higher race award pts, which may or may not have counter balanced after penalties were deducted
All fine and Dandy ,Except that the persons they finished ahead of recieved lesser race award pts then they should have......And they followed the rules.
Scenario: I cheat and race into pits at last second and gain..oh say ..only 8 seconds per pit and do it 3 times thats 24 seconds .A lap on some tracks.Some could maybe gain even more seconds.Thats 15 pts. in Penalties.I finish 10th ,get (on avg 5pts difference between finish position)lets say (cause i'M not sure what a 10th place finish gets etc) 165Pts.11th gets 160 , 12th 155 ,13th 150. Intervals between 10th and 12th at finish is 20 seconds. I get 165 -15 pen.pts +150
11th got burned for 10th spot and - 5 position pts. Same for 12th .It can be way worse then that!
I 'd like to see some sort of time penalties that may cost a driver his finish position in these ,rather than pts. If your supposed to start pitting via apron etc. at certain spots etc. ,that is the rule, Not "race in at hellbent speed screech across the pit line and ..... " well , you get the picture! :evil:
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I agree 100%. But with that kind of rule Lepage would be penalized and that is not allowed in this league. Hitting the apron after the start of turn 3 is his specialty. :lol:
Donaldson
League Member

Post by Donaldson »

great point speedy, If you are up to speed with the leaders then you could win most of the races pitting illegally and gain all those valuable seconds each pit stop by pitting at the last second. (I'm actually surprised no one has done this yet to get a easy win) I too would rather see a time deduction done rather than points, or maybe even hit them with both.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Maybe someone should try it to find out what happens. :wink:
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Single file in, should be double/triple-wide out...the guy leaving his stall will remain inside if someone is exiting and to his right. And, everyone entering/exiting SHOULD be on the right per the current rules. Its only fair. Folks can't sit there and wait for everyone in their rear-view to clear and this is a good option.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Thanks for the idea Speedy!!! :lol:
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Petty43 wrote:Thanks for the idea Speedy!!! :lol:
Your Welcome,Petty!I :twisted: Anytime,bro .....Just my way of opening up a can of worms around here! :badgrin: and I knew , when Petty's post appeared in this thread, EXACTLY what for!LMAO :lol: