Lowes pitting (many tracks for that matter)

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
Hammer
League Member

Lowes pitting (many tracks for that matter)

Post by Hammer »

I was wondering what the "stay to the right" is. Is is to the right of the double yellow line, or is to the right of the dotted line next to the grass?
In Reef we trust.
bover907
League Administrator

Re: Lowes pitting (many tracks for that matter)

Post by bover907 »

On any track, staying to the right means to stay to the far right of the asphalt driving surface (without hitting the wall of course) from the time you enter the pit road speed zone until you get a couple stalls away from your pit.

Remember that on road courses you may actually be staying to the left.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

At lowes. When exiting the pits when does the stay right thing end? I say because its quite tight if you where to stay within the furthest right lane until it ends. Even cutting it back at the end so you are just outside the double yellow line is still quite tight. So when can we start moving left if we can?

Another thing around turn 1 and 2 do we have stay in the outside lane there? Or can we go as close to the grass of as close to the apron edge as we desire?

Thanks in advance Harding :wink:
Every dog has his day
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Harding wrote:At lowes. When exiting the pits when does the stay right thing end?
NHRL RULES PAGE wrote:After merging onto the track, cars must drive alongside the apron line until reaching turn 3.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Mustangman, you misunderstood his question..... I know meant well bud, but make sure you are sure what people are asking and the proper answer before you demonstrate that skillful use of the quote feature, lol.

Think of watching a NASCAR RACE. It's from the 'commitment line', until the 'race off pit road line' on TV.

At lowes and most other tracks you have to stay to the right for the entire length of pit road. This means from the white line across where you get the BF if you speed across it, until the other whitle line across pit road where it lets you go above pit road speed again.

Once you cross that line going into turn one you can go all the way to the left of the apron if you desire.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

Sorry I cant refer to real life NASCAR racing, as I've never seen one. Only seen highlights and such small clips. But I just done a small replay doing the whole pit (minus stopping at the stall) can ya check this and see if I done anything wrong.
http://www.kiwidirt.com/harding/Nascar ... @lowes.rpl

Note: I know I didn't stop in my stall, I think I got that pretty sorted.
Last edited by Harding on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Every dog has his day
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Also, and I know what you mean, the lines are painted crappy exiting the pits at Lowe's, it's your distance from the wall that counts. But dont hit the wall. Heck, some tracks dont even have painted lines. I always, with some of my pit practices, get as far over as I can and scrape it just to see where the "edge" is. This rule is implemented to facilitate the safe and orderly flow between entering and exiting traffic.

A word of caution: if you enter pit road at the same time with someone on your left remember, he has to stay as far right as he can too (and still be next to you). Don't force him down towards the pit boxes please and, vice versa with the guy on the left, don't force him to the right and into the wall.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Oh, by the way, I didn't mean wall. Who said wall anyways! :oops: I meant grass. Well, they ought to put one up for that matter (a wall that is). I checked your replay, entry looked good. You could have stayed right a little longer exiting though. Work on that. You would definately squeeze someone if they were left of ya.