Brickyard

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
tjwild
League Member

Brickyard

Post by tjwild »

have a ? where do u enter the pit road on the Brickyear and exit on the pit road is it and the end of it or in the midle of it
im thinking the ends the way it layed out just like on the cup racing on TV but just wanted to make sure reath be safe the sorry .
Reef
League Member

Re: Brickyard

Post by Reef »

The Brickyard is considered an Intermediate Track according to the NHRL courses page, which means that you must begin enter pit road using the access road in turn 3, and you must use the access road all the way around to turn 2 on exit.

The only question I have is do we have to stay in the low line all the way down the backstretch on exit, or can we merge safely into the racing line due to the enormous length of the straightaways?
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

that is good question Reef i would like to know that one to
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

This is a good topic to bring up. We don't see questions in this section often, but it's a great place to clear up confusion about rules.

Brickyard is a long intermediate speedway. The rules page has separate guidelines for intermediate speedways and long intermediate speedways. I noticed Brickyard and Pocono were listed incorrectly as "intermediate speedways" on the courses page and I fixed this to avoid confusion.

The entrance procedure at Brickyard is like Pocono: you enter pit road after turn 4. You do not need to use the access lane on the entrance.

For obvious reasons, you do need to use the access lane on the exit. When merging, please remain to the left through the entire back straight.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

i can live with that, but heres another question that relates somewhat. will it be acceptable to move to the outside lane in order to make corner entry easy and safe in turn 3? I feel that divebombing the corner on the inside lane will be dangerous for many, and you know there will be divebombing.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

No, please remain left entering turn 3. The situation isn't much different from Pocono (turn 1) and we've never had major issues there.

If we're inconsistent about the exiting rules, then someone clueless always ends up shooting right too early and messing up cars coming from behind.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

10-4
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Reef wrote: I feel that divebombing the corner on the inside lane will be dangerous for many, and you know there will be divebombing.
As long as the less intellegent amongst us learn that when entering the corner from the low lane, it's necessary to slow down earlier (Same is true when passing someone), There wouldn't be a problem.

The way I handle this when I am coming up on a person who exited (because I know who is going to divebomb usually) is I just slow early and when they wash up, I just drive underneath and get by.

One thing about the divebombers Reef. They certainly are predictable, lmao.

Note: if anyone posts some kind of nasty refutory reply to this, that means they have a guilty conscience. 8-[
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

thank u Reef , lepage ,bover for the INFO that cleared every thing up for me for now .

bover (Note: if anyone posts some kind of nasty refutory reply to this, that means they have a guilty conscience. )
:lol: good point there dover like that one :lol:
kyle
League Member

Post by kyle »

Is a muff diver the same as a divebomber if so i am :lol:
Kyle
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: