Introduce Age Limit?

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Introduce Age Limit?

Yes, 16 Up Years Old
68%
No, 0-100 Years Old
32%

Total votes: 22

DusterLag
League Member

Introduce Age Limit?

Post by DusterLag »

Introduce Age Limit?
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
dalejrfan2688
Forum Member

Re: Introduce Age Limit?

Post by dalejrfan2688 »

i think its an ok idea, but i dont really think so at the same time. You still have some young talent, ya know?
nascarheatdriving.webs.com check it out. Thanks

Birdie, birdie, in the sky,
Why'd you do that in my eye?
Looks like sugar,
Tastes like sap.
Oh my gosh, it's birdie crap!
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

and just how would one enforce such a rule? :-k
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

How bout just asking them real quick "hey, what year were you born in"? I'm sure that'll catch more than half of 'em ! :lol:

(sorry , I couldn't resist) :biggrin:
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

sorry to say but a 14 yr old can out drive you so what would an age limit do? besides make you look better because yer not getting yer buttox handed to you by some 14 yr old?
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

(was talking to speedy) duster can beat me :)
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I do agree with Skoty here, how will you enforce this? Other than listening to a voice on ventrilo to tell if the person has gone thru puberty. Now. This was a invite only league back in the day. What this league needs is a talent table. Trucks for noobs, nbs for guys who show enough talent in CTS to drive in NBS. Then NBS to CUP. If a driver who is a full time NBS or CUP driver races in CTS, then he would recieve NO POINTS. If this makes people shake their head, then do this. Implement a QUALIFYING CUT. If you don't qualify within a certain time, you did not qualify. You can't race. What is wrong with that. A driver if they are a respectable driver will totally understand, it's not knocking them down, it's get better, practice more, and come back and try again. It makes no sense when guys who practice everyday for hours on end, to have a guy come in with no practice run 3 seconds or more off the pace to even be on the same track. If you want better racing, you need better drivers. Now you may ask what about the points leader if he hits the apron or scrubs the wall. You implement a rule like the top 35. EX: If your in the top 10 in drivers points you get a provisional spot. Look at all your results from the past races this year. Look at their best lap times, it's the same guys week after week who are off pace. I would rather race 12 drivers on the same level, vs 24 with 12 of them who are way of the pace.
I'm sure somebody will want to add something about "hey it should be the top 12 in drivers". You know what i am getting at.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Great Ideas Petty! Lets use them ...
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Petty not sure if you mean me, but I can drive just as well as quite a few people here. Sure, I have my Highs and Lows but I don't see what caused duster to go off like this. Speedy maybe they should go by maturity level. beacuse quoutes speedy= "if i wanted my ..."

Besides whats the difference between telling you you cant race and a 14 year old who can drive fine. The diffrence is that you were born before the invention of electricity (excuse my rudeness) and that i was born 14 yrs ago. Driving skill is the ultimate factor here. If i didnt tell you guys i was 14 you prob wouldn't know and you ALL would be treating me with respect because i am an adult. So trreat me witht he same respect you treat otherswith instead of being like SOME of you are.

And yeah I know im the greatest driver here but SOMEHOW i am able to stay in the top 10 for nbs.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

This topic BMX was floating around the garage well before you arrived. :wink: In this topic and others. Don't presume that when a topic is brought up that you fit into, does not translate into something directed at you. :grin: My suggestion was my opinions at the league. Nobody in general. Also, nobody just automatically gets respect handed to them. You EARN it.
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

I started online racing when I was 12 years old, I'm now 16 so I would get in if this were to be in forced but if this was the rule for all online racing. I would be a total noob now. Which i classify myself as not a pro but someone of experience over a large range of mods and tracks.

Dusterlag, others that have commented, by raising the age level what are you trying to acheieve? Is it cleaner racing? Because they are always is going to be slower and faster drivers and when a faster driver is behind a slower driver its likely an incident will occur. If its a certain level of maturity I think that's a bit silly, especially after seeing various arguments on the forum. Mainly directed at BMX and Mustangman they are the only ones that I am aware of that will get kicked out if such a ruling comes in. Everyone makes mistakes, you have to in order to learn from them. As a child/teenager you make more mistakes than someone older that has already learned their lessons, in a neighborhood community as a child/teenager you get forgiven as the adults put themselves in your shoes and see things from your point of view because they can relate to what happened when they were younger. In this community that doesn't happen. Well it does but nothing related to real life age more like how many months or years you have been racing online. Getting back to the point. How is this real age related?

Being totally fair when I 1st started racing I did try to be the best I did go harder than I could an yes others payed for that. But who is to say that any new person regardless of age will come online and go harder than he or she can and knock someone else out. Racing online as a SIMULATION, you tell me in real racing why this doesn't happen? Well maybe it just does. Thats not meaning in NASCAR or Formula one you see the newer guys making mistakes that's unlikely although it does still happen, that's because they have had years and years or practice in go-karts smaller formula's etc. Online there is no such system where the better you get the higher you move up. A system like Petty mentioned would help that but it would disadvantage those like myself who can only make certain time slots.

Anyone regardless of age can be loose on the track, putting an age restriction in there is not going to solve that. I'm not actually sure what it will fix. But I'm quite certain it is not the solution to the problem. A system such as what petty mentioned would be a better solution but I still don't think it would be a perfect option. :alien:
Every dog has his day
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

In reality age is not the issue on the track...

Bmx is not that bad a racer at this point, as others have mentioned in the past, he has really grown into his skills...

However the issue is maturity.. Bmx along with mustangman & yes... Toku (who started the ball rolling) has torn a whole into this league, mainly with use of the forum, not track, that is now giving the league as well as its members a terrible reputation...

If they had only listened all would be well, But I suppose children with be children if they are raised as children, To each their own?

I now drop this Poll...
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

DusterLag wrote:In reality age is not the issue on the track...

Bmx is not that bad a racer at this point, as others have mentioned in the past, he has really grown into his skills...

However the issue is maturity.. Bmx along with mustangman & yes... Toku (who started the ball rolling) has torn a whole into this league, mainly with use of the forum, not track, that is now giving the league as well as its members a terrible reputation...

If they had only listened all would be well, But I suppose children with be children if they are raised as children, To each their own?

I now drop this Poll...
So age in reality is not the problem but actions from one (toku/razorknife) creating a stereotype for bmx and mustang. Not saying they are innocent, but they are young and they need to make these mistakes so they can learn from them. I done it, you've done it. Its their turn.

I'm not sure who manages the forums and stuff here but in my honest opinion they aren't doing a good enough job. Yes issues arise and people get heated, its not necessarily needed to delete those posts but before it gets further out of hand the thread needs to be locked. When abusive material is exchanged posts need to be deleted or edited with moderator notes saying what was wrong with the post, telling the rest of the community that it is not on for such things to occur. I'm pretty sure its a ruling in the league rules. Yet I don't see it being enforced. I don't mean any nasty's when I say that, but its something I see paying a part in this whole thing.

Reputations change, not many remember that you crashed out last week but they sure remember when you passed 6cars on the last lap around the outside to claim victory. So NHRL has crashed out, whens this outside passing going to start occuring? I'd say now is a good a time as any :wink: .
Every dog has his day
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

What this league needs is a talent table. Trucks for noobs, nbs for guys who show enough talent in CTS to drive in NBS. Then NBS to CUP. If a driver who is a full time NBS or CUP driver races in CTS, then he would recieve NO POINTS (quote from Petty 43)

love the idea! :grin:

thats all thanks ...my 2 cents
CKA-19
League Member

Post by CKA-19 »

Honestly this age limit restriction is kind of a double edged sword. Doesn't matter whether your 14 or 35, it's your maturity level and race etiquette that make the difference. And some guys even at 35 aren't even close to being masters of that. There are some young guys that can outrace some of the veterens, and then there are some veterens that can throw better hissy fits then the 14 year old can, so I just don't think that an age limit will be better for the league if some of the older guys are saying you can't be in the league because of your age, yet seem to make the same mistakes that the younger guys make and that's ok. Just my two cents. Read it how you will.
Ed Burchell
#19 CKA/Exlander Ford
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

jesse rathbun wrote:What this league needs is a talent table. Trucks for noobs, nbs for guys who show enough talent in CTS to drive in NBS. Then NBS to CUP. If a driver who is a full time NBS or CUP driver races in CTS, then he would recieve NO POINTS (quote from Petty 43)

Then you would never get out of CTS so why would you want that?
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Bmxtwins wrote:
jesse rathbun wrote:What this league needs is a talent table. Trucks for noobs, nbs for guys who show enough talent in CTS to drive in NBS. Then NBS to CUP. If a driver who is a full time NBS or CUP driver races in CTS, then he would recieve NO POINTS (quote from Petty 43)

:lol: that quote was from petty's post I just new you would say somthing you just cant help yourself you have to comment on everything when i was 14 I was out riding motorcycles and shooting guns not online racing with a bunch of grownups. For being a 14 yearold you need to get a life not play computer games all day ...... and once again from a petty post "this topic has been floating around before you arrived" you need to stop takin things so personally
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

No we don't have the pool we had when IRF was around. I've suggested junior leagues in the past, but realize we do not want to take away from the other mods for the sake of cup only. I now believe that would not be a solution anyway for the league as a whole. The problem is attitude, and that could be at any age. I think reputation should count for something (ie how long you've been around in good standing). I'd like to have more leeway in giving rough newer drivers an attitude adjustment if necessary on the track without too much penalty (older drivers know what I mean by that, and I'm not going to take the time to define it). You can be newer and be fast, but may need some rough edges smoothed out. I fully support Lepage and his post about further restrictions based on posts and attitude on the track, if I understood that right. I'd like to go back to addressing complaints or disputes with the admin instead of stirring the pot in an open forum, and understanding when you can't do anything about the admins final answer and move on. I don't think a civil case needs to always be made about decisions. It's not worth the good times I spend with many in this league. As has been stated before, you don't have to race here. And, finally, I'd like to see us get back to good old fasioned ribbing without so many taking comments so seriously.
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

Bmxtwins wrote:

That post right there is a fine example of why nobody in this league has any respect for you,no matter how good you finish in any race.I am usually one of the lowest keyed people here in this league,but since you have joined you have been in one riff after another with an aray of drivers.And most of it isnt as much about what happens on the track as what you say in the lobby and forum.Your constant self glorification and excuses are getting old.Do you see any of the other guys getting on here after ANY race and patting themselves on the back for their finishes.Now you take a cheap shot at Jesse,maybe you know him better than me and feel you have the right to talk that trash to him,maybe not.I know he struggles just like myself and some other guys on here,but before you came along at least we didn't have somebody pointing out how crappy we were,we could still enjoy racing here.Do you know how much time Jesse or Speedy or me have to practice,I think not.I myself am 48 years old,work 1 full time job and one part time,run a 16 race schedule in a real race car,and own and help keep up a car my 18 year old nephew drives.How do I have time to practice much,but I do what I can,most time I am in the server at 1 or 2 in the morning,long after your bedtime.
No respect for the other guys here at all,unless its someones butt you can lick to for your own gain.Just like at the NBS Road America race one of you minors gets on to someone for showing up just in time to race,then right before the race one of you cant hold your soda we're asked to wait,then when this person gets back he post some kind of statement about "can we get started soon",after we waited for him.Real mature and respectful.Skoty and Lepage know how much I love this league and feel privilaged to have been "asked" to join,not just wonder in here
like people do now.
I have nothing against young people running here,I myself am working with a 10 year old that races bandeleros at Lowes MotorSpeedway,only because I know he has the mental and racing maturity of some of us older guys.But just like alot of other people here I'm sick and tired of reading you and your cronies ridiculous ridiculing post every time I come on here.Do us all a favor,show up,race well,keep your mouth shut,iron your problems out with admins or pm's to the "nondriver" who screwed you up and maybe you'll gain some respect around here.
MY 2 CENTS WORTH!!!
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

=D>