2009 Suggestions and Polls

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

2009 Suggestions and Polls

Post by lepage71 »

We're launching several polls about configuration for the 2009 season. We'd appreciate some discussion and comments about the topics in each poll in their respective threads so that we can determine what settings, rules, changes, etc. might be worth implementing for the upcoming season.

We're also going to revive the NHRL qualifying races at Daytona. This time, however, there will be two qualifying races, separate events to set the starting grid for both CUP and NBS. These races will be unique because we're going to be testing a rule that will prohibit "draft pack leaders" from constantly blocking on the left-most side of the track. For now, the rule will only apply to these qualifying races, but after the two events, we may launch a poll about implementing it for future points races on restrictor-plate courses. Or we may just dictatorially implement the rule regardless. :biggrin: There will be more details about the qualifying races after we complete our annual polling.

Finally, feel free to bring up additional "topics of concern" that do not appear among the polls in THIS thread. We'll also consider suggestions about creating more polls, so please also post any ideas in this thread.
groverhardt
League Member

Re: 2009 Suggestions and Polls

Post by groverhardt »

If I understand correctly, and we've discussed this before, I don't see how you can farely keep people from driving aroung bottom like the real racing. Maybe the plate races just need to be longer.
DavisV
League Member

Post by DavisV »

not sure about anyone else, but i would personally like to see a "full" cts season come back... whether its ran after cup/busch... Sat. or Sunday night. :?
RoushFenway9916
League Member

Post by RoushFenway9916 »

I too would love to have a full CTS season. The trucks are very fun to drive!
Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I like to see a "non restrictor plate "race at Talladega and /or Daytona added.Maybe an experimental one can be run for testing????Short sprint race "Pedal to the metal" :twisted: