NHRL Pitting Procedures

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
Reef
League Member

NHRL Pitting Procedures

Post by Reef »

After seeing the large amount of pitting penalties at the New Hampshire race, I feel it necessary to once again explain the process, and make replays of the pitting procedures used here at NHRL. It's obvious that the rules page was not visited.

Included here is one replay for each of the remaining tracks we will run this series. Make note that the procedures outlined here will cover EVERY race the NHRL runs (CTS, CUP, NBS).

Pitting Explained:

Pit Entrance: You must begin your entrance to pit road on the backstretch by pulling to the apron before turn 3. Ride the apron around until you reach pit road.

Once on pit road, you must use the outer-most lane (This means the lane farthest away from the stalls). You are only allowed to drive through 3 pit stalls to get to your stall. DO NOT DRIVE THROUGH A GHOSTING CAR IN THE PITS!!!!! DAMAGE CAN AND WILL OCCUR!!!!!

Pit Exit: When your pit stop is completed, you must return to the outer-most lane of pit road while exiting (This means the lane farthest away from the stalls).

After exiting pit road, you must stay on the apron going around the track until you reach the exit of turn 2. When merging back onto the track, you must stay in the low line until turn 3.

That covers all of the tracks we will run with the exception of Super Speedways and Road Courses, with the only difference being that on Super Speedways, you may enter pit road directly off the track from turn 4, and you may enter the track directly from pit road upon exit but be sure to stay in the low line until you exit turn 2. Driving on pit road does not change from above.

I will explain the Road Course procedures at a later date as they are track specific, but have included the Road America replay for now.

Consider this your last warning, I expect everyone to download and watch these replays. Anything other than what is shown here will result in points deductions.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: NHRL Pitting Procedures

Post by Rookiesrock »

I had a post that referred to these procedures before last weeks race but skoty deleted it so he could play penalty nazi. :twisted: :evil:
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

35 views and not a lot of downloads. Race at a time. The next part is a joke. Don't take it seriously.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
CKA-19
League Member

Post by CKA-19 »

I have a question about pitting....suppose two trucks are on pitroad both out of fuel. One is in the farmost right lane, the other truck is coasting through the empty pitstalls to make room for other trucks. Which driver is the one that gets the penalty? Last night both JRFan and I were out of fuel on pitroad at the same time. He was in the outside lane, and instead of being in the outside lane myself, making it two trucks drivers had to dodge, I opted to drive down the empty stalls, out of the way of everyone. Does that constitute a penalty to either of us? How does that work?
Ed Burchell
#19 CKA/Exlander Ford
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Should be an interesting response to that question GWN. I would say that you still need to stay in the outside lane and let the trucks still under power go left to avoid you then back to the right. I don't think you should get a penalty for doing what you did either though. All kinds of stuff happens and you just have to do what you think is the right thing.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

When you're out of fuel, just go somewhere that won't interfere with other competitors. I don't think a specific rule is helpful for these situations.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I don't think they'd penalized you guys for that....

also, the unwritten 'no harm, no foul' rule.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

I got one. Don't run out of fuel. You don't have to worry then. :lol:
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

The CUP and NBS sprint results are posted. Way too many pitting violations. Reef took the time to make these replays. The least anyone could do is download it and pretend to have watched it. Really, 6 total downloads of daytona pitting at the time of this posting? There were 6 or more violations in each race alone. It is not that hard. the specifics on each track are posted in the rules. The going thru pitstalls is a simple rule. You cannot enter 4 stalls before or after your pitstall. These rules are for everyone to pit in a well bred manner (civily). Unusual circumstances will arise so if in doubt don't worry about it. Every week lepage demonstrates proper pitting procedure and helpful tips on avoiding collisions or contact in the pits. If peeps weren't typing and/or spewing nonsense then maybe a few should heed his tips and watch him perform the ideal stop. The points are there for the taking by the nazi. Don't let them win.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

I would like to add that even tho those above replays were made with the CTS mod, the method of execution is the same for all NHRL mods.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

thanks for the time you took REEF on this..... I usually abide by the rules but I was more concerned with my p.c perfornance around other drivers in a race format, and was glitching up a bit so it was hard to see my pitts and stuff but I have no excuses and will probubly be ok for the next races (pitting and whatnot) I dont think I hurt anyones race but if I did sorry I wont happen again ....btw I will be downloading car tex files on the day of the races for now on do to too many crappy files ,or what not.

I know the rules accept my penalties ...and am over it ..thanks for your time