New Hamsphire Strategy

Submit setups and compare strategies for upcoming league races.
Petty43
League Member

New Hamsphire Strategy

Post by Petty43 »

My strategy is to run upfront! Heh Heh. =D>
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: New Hamsphire Strategy

Post by lepage71 »

Last year showed the importance of the long run on tires. I think Rookiesrock pulled away from the rest of the field once the lap times started falling from the 28.3-28.4 range into the high 28s.
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

i was weighing my options of setups, i have one that is a couple tenths faster for a few laps in the beginning, but the falloff is about 4 tenths worse a lap after 17 or 18 laps compared with another setup of mine. its a tough call, to try and run fast and hang on, or try and pass people after u have gone behind.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

I would look for whichever one can go with less pitstops GSXR if you can get 1 less pit in there you could have the race won. but if your car is undrivable by staying out... i'd go in...
im not an expert just going off what i think could win a race
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

you are correct, you are not an expert. Try finishing a race in good standing before handing out advice.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

My strategy:

1. Stay out of Reef's way :shock: lol.
2. TRY not to be a wreck causer.
3. Qualify decently.
4. Stay out until the car can no longer drive well.
5. Keep my line.
6. Last of all stop posting so damn much. :mrgreen: (i am cutting down to 2 or less posts a day) You should all be happy :twisted:

7. HOPEFULY , ditch mustang for cup and nbs. Some one save me [-o<
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

u left out the most inportant thing ( patience ) is the bigs key to every thing
u can add every thing to it but with out patience it no good and practice helps a lot
not just by self becoulse u got to beable to run with outhers as well as just runing by your self
not pointting fingers just give ide out stuff im lurning my self
another one to have is some one draft with on track friand, team matte, or some that u can work with
race dont get won runing a lone some where on the way in racing some one helps some
even if they dont know they did lol

to BMX u are getting better at it keep up the good work :smile:
keep in mind what i said here it will help u out some reason i said some is becoulse we are all defrent
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

What the :?: Did that make sense :-s
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

I think I got a pretty quick ride running .5's and .6"s now.. but the fords showing great handling even on the long runs it doesn't fall off much and it's getting better. but still,..just goin to run my line, try not to overdrive the corners, just be smooth and clean all night... and we'll see where we end up at the end. [-o<
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Draft?

Guys, this is a one mile track. THERE IS NO DRAFT TO SPEAK OF. I know that the CTS mod is the 'draftiest' of all we run, but at one mile track you don't draft.

to be good on old tires takes not just a set that is good on old tires, but a driver that is good on old tires. Trucks as well as cars get very very tricky to drive on old tires. You need to practice practice and practice more, on driving in traffic on old tires. You can do this with the ai, and benefit because AI are less forgiving than real drivers, if they pit, and you have tires left, stay out and keep trying to run around them when they come back onto the track.

If you find you can't run stable on old tires, go with the set that is fast yet stable early, and get the best finish you can. If you try to win with a 5th place car, you'll finish last. So, focus on finishing 5th with a 5th place car.

Hope that helps you new guys out. Just cause I ain't running CTS this winter, doesn't mean I ain't watching.

Good luck.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I draft at Martinsville. Really I do. Yes, the trucks in this race will have fuel gears and be running .200 better in groups of two or more while drafting.
Pitting choices in this race are to stretch fuel with only 2 stops and go 32-32-31=95 or sprint it with 3 stops 24-24-24-23=95. In the next week there will be guys practicing 6x@16+ laps which equals appx 32 lap@3x. This is a rough estimate of 3x but close depending on consistancy of laps. It is not a bad idea to tweek your set to hold up longer sacrificing early speed. Tires, tires, tires, tires learn to save them at every race this year. You'll need them if you want a top 10.
And like Bover said, "try to win with a 5th place car and you'll finish last". Practice often with many different drivers and you'll get a feel for where you stack up. Practices will become more frequent this coming week. Good luck!
gsxr1000k5
League Member

Post by gsxr1000k5 »

i already had my number of pits determined mustang..... thats the first thing i do, is figure out the fewest amount of stops. both setups of mine go the same distance on fuel, one is great early, tapers off, one is decent most of the fuel run. hopefully there are more people to practice, so i can determine how far off i am :)
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

just figured how many laps i can get done :smile: i think ill go in for tires not fuel really
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

mustangman759 wrote:just figured how many laps i can get done :smile: i think ill go in for tires not fuel really
Okay I'll say this once.. Get the right lingo. for pitt stradegy there is two.. One stradegy is called "speed" second stradegy is called "fuel" I'm sure this subject will come up hopefully in one of "Rooks" tips of the week, to explain it better to you
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

That Max Racing logo is baaaaddd aaassss :ezboardsmoking