Need Help..Just took my NASCAR HEAT out of mothballs

Registered usernames are not required to post messages in this forum.
Reef
League Member

Re: Need Help..Just took my NASCAR HEAT out of mothballs

Post by Reef »

DreamRyderX wrote:Ok,,,maybe I didn't make myself clear. I'm a newbie to NASCAR HEAT. I know Photoshop to a fair degree--layering is kids stuff.

I was asking you, being you are a Forum Admin & suggested Photoshop in the first place, who of the many you know that you would suggest that I contact in order to find tutorials related to NASCAR HEAT---utilizing Photoshop---to paint cars with.

I'm sure it requires a high degree of learning to accomplish a finished project successfully, so it would go far beyond just learning about layering, for I already know that & haven't a clue about painting a car, for NASCAR HEAT, with it.

Hope that makes what I need clearer?

Thanks,,,,Bobby ;)
They call this "Trial and Error."
Do an internet search for Nascar Heat painting or NR2003 painting. Loads of crap out there. Search forums here for info. When I started painting long ago, there was no-one to spoon feed me information on how to do this. I did ALOT of reading and searching and the forementioned "trial and error" to get to where I'm at today.

JimmyK's paintshop has an excellent tutorial on painting nr2003 cars, 99% of that appies to heat. The only difference is the way it gets placed into the game. That is a whole difference sequence of events.
My suggestion to you is that if you are considering yourself like a complete noob about heat and its enviroment, you should concentrate more on getting a handle on the mods we run and the tracks other than painting.
DreamRyderX
Forum Member

Post by DreamRyderX »

Reef wrote:
They call this "Trial and Error."
Do an internet search for Nascar Heat painting or NR2003 painting. Loads of crap out there. Search forums here for info. When I started painting long ago, there was no-one to spoon feed me information on how to do this. I did ALOT of reading and searching and the forementioned "trial and error" to get to where I'm at today.

JimmyK's paintshop has an excellent tutorial on painting nr2003 cars, 99% of that appies to heat. The only difference is the way it gets placed into the game. That is a whole difference sequence of events.

My suggestion to you is that if you are considering yourself like a complete noob about heat and its enviroment, you should concentrate more on getting a handle on the mods we run and the tracks other than painting.
Thank you for that kind response. :roll:

It's a nice breath of fresh smog when someone in a position of trust & authority----who apparently has the simple answers---but basically tells a newcomer that because "he" didn't get any help when "he" was needing some in order to learn, the newcomer is told that he should have to suffer the same as "he" did #-o , devoid of any generosity, rather than lifting a finger to do whatever "he" could to help someone in need. Well, I've been told I guess. Makes one all warm & fluffy inside. :roll:

=D> Those who mentioned a forum thread to cover the "soup to nuts" on car painting have the right idea. Let the ones "in the know" be mentors to those desiring the ability to do what made the "pro's" as proficient as they are. At least let them attempt to become as proficient under generous & thoughtful tutelage. Its not a crime, like I was made to feel, for wanting a legitimate helpfull hand up, rather than a hand out. =D>
"You win some, you lose some, you wreck some" - Dale #3
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

dreamryder, if you do a google search on Paint Shop Pro. you can download free demo versions to mess around with.. I'm by no means am I an expert painter. I just mess around with it occasionally. But you can get version 7-11 as a free demo for 30 days to play with.. BTW. Go real Easy dude. Reef would help anyone out who was in a jam with any kind of a question. But he's kinda right, the only way to learn anything now a days is by playing around or hacking with a program, and when you get stuck ask away. Yes, it would be great if we had a forum for painting questions and stuff, heck I would love it too. But in reality we all have busy lives and stuff. But when one of us is stuck with any kind of a problem, just about anyone here will pitch in and lend a helping hand. :grin:
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

:roll: sigh, once again we have another new guy, comin in here and basicly barking orders at the regulars and not liking the answers given. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be about this. Painting a car, and doing it well I might add, takes an extreme amount of time and patience. It isn't something you are gonna learn this minute, and it isn't something that can be pumped out in 15 mins. Most of my paint jobs take days if not weeks to complete. As I stated in an earlier post, do a search for sim car painting. Look I will do one now:

http://www.ifreezn.com/ifreezn/index.html
http://www.dwphotoshop.com/photoshop/textpaths1.php
http://jimmykspaintshop.keyconn.net/psp ... orial1.htm
http://dwbgraphics.atspace.com/

and that was just the first few links, wow that was tough. Try reading those and apply those concepts to the templates that are provided for use on the website.

Take this piece of advice: Do not get all pissy with the regulars here, we are here to help. Piss us off with a crappy attitude and it will get you no-where very fast.
expert prognosticator

Post by expert prognosticator »

This guy is already starting to slide down a muddy slope.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

DreamRyderX
Forum Member

Post by DreamRyderX »

Thank You Stick77, I appreciate your response. This is exactly what I was hoping for, a hand up & not a hand out. I know it's going to be hard & I'm already chomping at the bit & diggin' my heals in! Good directions are worth their weight in gold! =D>

In the past I was very involved in MSFS, & I not only successfully painted, but I designed numerous craft.

The info you provided will surely help me get started finding the info I still need.

Some examples:

1. Where the templates are located in the program, & if necessary where I can obtain external templates ( Skoty Speed & others were very kind to direct me & help me with that).
2. What file extensions should I be looking for, what these extensions internal components are, & what they need to be returned & compressed to.
3. What programs/aids do I need to extract the files to be worked on, & what I need to incorporate/assimilate/recompile what I have completed into a NH usable form for test & final.

Basically thats what I will be searching for. I know I will find what I need, but it's great to know that there are some fine people ready to assist me if I need assistance in the future. :smile:

I hope that my asking for help getting started didn't piss anyone off, & if I did I can't fathom how. My interactions were meant to be solely of a peaceful, inquisitive, & thankful nature. But if I have managed to inadvertently ruffle someones tail feathers, then I am sincerely sorry that I was misunderstood. I promise to attempt to better understand all the new terminologies. I will strive to make my own statements more percipient, & be more appreciative in the future. ;)

Thanks Again,
Bobby,,,,AKA,,,,DreamRyderX ;)

Now, I'm off to make me some kickass rides--loogout Bubba, I'm crawlin' up yer back & I aint in no kissin' mood! :badgrin:
Nightstalker
Forum Member

Post by Nightstalker »

Can you even drive with this game? I find that most who show up here asking all kinds of painting and mod questions cant drive for crap. I could give a few examples but I'll refrain. If I were you, I'd take Reef's advice and try and run 1st. Haven't seen you in any of the practice servers, or make any attempt to join the league. No need for a custom paint if you aint gonna be accepted to the league.
Relentlessly Evil and 100% Right
Nightstalker
Forum Member

Post by Nightstalker »

LMFAO @ Stick, days of our lives..
Relentlessly Evil and 100% Right
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

I dont know but it seemed like a hand out,.. honestly you couldnt google search this by yourself I ve been reading all this and you have done nothing but ask questions on how to paint cars like nightstalker said "can you even drivethis game"? noone has even seen you in practice. you should have enogh time to practice considering EVERYONE else is doing you leg work for ya good luck with your...paints

just my cent and a half :cry:
DreamRyderX
Forum Member

Post by DreamRyderX »

HiYa Jesse & Night,

I appreciate you both wanting me to have fun just like you two, & I will. Your valuable advice is well noted.

When will I get involved in online racing,,hmmmm,,,at a time of my choosing, not any sooner, not any later. When I see fit to join in, & when I'm ready to join in.

See fellas I do what I want, when I want, & how I want. Thats at my own pace.

What I'm doing with my time is on a need to know basis.

So far that includes a list of just one. Me.

If I decide to let anyone else know, I'll consider telling you both, but don't hold up the race on my account. ;)

Yep, that seems to sum it up.

Thanks for thinkin' about me though. ;)

You'll both just have to be patient. ;)

In the mean time if I can somehow help y'all out, lemme know. ;)

Good luck,
Bobby ;)
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

DreamRyderX wrote:See fellas I do what I want, when I want, & how I want. Thats at my own pace.

What I'm doing with my time is on a need to know basis.

So far that includes a list of just one. Me.

If I decide to let anyone else know, I'll consider telling you both, but don't hold up the race on my account.

Yep, that seems to sum it up.
Sssssssssssssssssssttttttttttttteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiikkkkkkkeeee 2!!!!!!!
With a god almighty attitude like that,...the pitcher is already in full wind up and ready to release
the ball for your last swing!
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Easy on the mature gentleman, gentlemen. With healthcare what it is, we don't want anyone exercising theirs.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

I feel like im watching Star Trek with my eyes closed, Captain Kirk can you Save me!!!
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

OMG.. I dont even know what to say...
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

like watching someone fall down the steps :ohno
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

DaveO
League Member

Nascar Heat Book

Post by DaveO »

To whoever wants it, This is my nascar heat book/manual that came with my game many years ago. Enjoy!!! :grin:
Attachments
NASCAR HEAT.rar
(1.29 MiB) Downloaded 93 times
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Thank You Stick77, I appreciate your response.
Ha...didn't he notice Reef was standing in the room too? Ouch, talk about a walk-by. I guess Reef's used to it by now.

Speaking of ready-made tutorials, this whole discourse is like a manual-in-progress on what NOT to do to make friends in the league.

I'm just waiting for the final section, one we've all seen before: the lashing out.
DreamRyderX
Forum Member

Re: Nascar Heat Book

Post by DreamRyderX »

DaveO wrote:To whoever wants it, This is my nascar heat book/manual that came with my game many years ago. Enjoy!!! :grin:
Thanks DaveO that's the book I couldn't find! :grin:

I really appreciate the time & effort you expended to produce this book in PDF form.

Thanks again,,,,Bobby ;)