Need Help..Just took my NASCAR HEAT out of mothballs

Registered usernames are not required to post messages in this forum.
groverhardt
League Member

Re: Need Help..Just took my NASCAR HEAT out of mothballs

Post by groverhardt »

Gentlemen, not wishing to get sucked into pointless and unproductive banter, I'd just like to say frankly that I'm disappointed at the tone that this rollerscoster has reached the depths of, in spite of my continued respect for you. Some of you I've known for like 6 or 7 years at least. You've been super helfpful, and I call you friend. I don't think any less of you in any case, and I will keep it that way. Just know that despite what you may think of me, you can count me among the annoying idiots in this forum's respect, because I've googled and tried several current programs that were complete crap and a waste of my time. My suggestion was merely to avoid the degrading direction this has taken now, and in the future. And, my contention was that if we had more idiot proof references consolidated on our website, we could all spend more time racing and avoid going here, while building the leagues already excellent reputation. Sorry if I was any party in any way to rocking the boat. I'm not asking for anything that anyone is not willing to give. I respectfully withdraw from any further public comment on this subject. As a P.S., if I do find the time or interest in semi-mastering any of these subjects, I will be more than happy to forge ahead in authoring the idiot proof forums, with the blessing of the administration of course, in an effort to promote new recruits and the future of this league. I know I'm not getting any younger, and I know some of you aren't either. Although I would really like it to be more than this, in the mean time I will be content on seeing you all on the track :grin: , as I diligently (though casually) continue to work on better preparing myself (and hopefully my team) for the next cup season. No harm. No foul. Peace out.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

lepage71 wrote:
Thank You Stick77, I appreciate your response.
Ha...didn't he notice Reef was standing in the room too? Ouch, talk about a walk-by. I guess Reef's used to it by now.

Speaking of ready-made tutorials, this whole discourse is like a manual-in-progress on what NOT to do to make friends in the league.

I'm just waiting for the final section, one we've all seen before: the lashing out.
Yeah, whatever. Not like I care about someone who will never run here anyways. Just thought I'd be nice and answer his first round of questions, then just mentioned that he'd be better off learning how to drive rather than jumping into the complicated process of painting. Evidently he didnt like that, ya know how old people get. Oh well, no skin off my ass.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

:lol: LMFOA @ REEF :laughorange
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

all i can say is wow holy moly
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

It is true, that ANYONE should run a while and run decent before even worrying about painting, modding etc etc.

I know that it's a given that people like haveing a custom paint job to run with. You know some of the best drivers this year were in in game cars. Look at Donaldson. I think he almost exclusively drove the Casey Mears car..... and drove it auite well, I might add.

I spent a couple months worth of time making most of the 43 cars for the NHRL cup mod. It wouldn't hurt for more guys to use them. That's what they're there for, and what any mod/game comes with cars for. So you can sit down and drive. Work on a paint after your accepted people, and running good.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

Painting Studio
General painting discussion and paint scheme announcements.

What is this? On the NHRL Forum? :shock: