AGGRESSIVE DRIVING????

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
tjwild
League Member

Re: AGGRESSIVE DRIVING????

Post by tjwild »

hmmmmmmmmmmm :lol: :lol:
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

But one thing, thats still bugging me is I watched the Marty race on Tv the other day and dam.them boys would race up to the corner as fast as they could ,hit the brakes,leaving big old Rubber Tire marks on the driver's side door of the other guys car, when diving inside them, then do it again another lap later.

The admins put a lot of time into this, doing a fine job. We don't always agree, and sometimes enjoy a "good" debate, but such is life. I see the rules and penalties in place as the best effort to maintain the integrity of the league, particularly with lack of online practice time we and especially new members have in the absence of IRF. As realistic as this sim is, and I still think it's the best one out ever for realism, there are gonna be adjustments that have to be considered in a move I think due to the fact that we are not really in the car. I suggest a force feedback wheel if you don't have one, and that's about as real a feeling as we can get on here. Those of us that have raced for years, especially with each other, and are prepared in all aspects, including hardware, for a race, may bump and rub without incident or penalty. This is partly due to preparation for the race, that not withstanding, it is mostly due to that we KNOW that driver, and we know where we can push and let off without crashing him or ourself. That was common place when we had racing every night on IRF. Good times. Until you get your feet wet with the league and those in it, you just need to back off and don't over drive IN THE LEAGUE RACE, whether it be hardware/software problem, or just inexperience at a particular track. Ok I'm done with my two cents.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

groverhardt wrote:
But one thing, thats still bugging me is I watched the Marty race on Tv the other day and dam.them boys would race up to the corner as fast as they could ,hit the brakes,leaving big old Rubber Tire marks on the driver's side door of the other guys car, when diving inside them, then do it again another lap later.

The admins put a lot of time into this, doing a fine job. We don't always agree, and sometimes enjoy a "good" debate, but such is life. I see the rules and penalties in place as the best effort to maintain the integrity of the league, particularly with lack of online practice time we and especially new members have in the absence of IRF. As realistic as this sim is, and I still think it's the best one out ever for realism, there are gonna be adjustments that have to be considered in a move I think due to the fact that we are not really in the car. I suggest a force feedback wheel if you don't have one, and that's about as real a feeling as we can get on here. Those of us that have raced for years, especially with each other, and are prepared in all aspects, including hardware, for a race, may bump and rub without incident or penalty. This is partly due to preparation for the race, that not withstanding, it is mostly due to that we KNOW that driver, and we know where we can push and let off without crashing him or ourself. That was common place when we had racing every night on IRF. Good times. Until you get your feet wet with the league and those in it, you just need to back off and don't over drive IN THE LEAGUE RACE, whether it be hardware/software problem, or just inexperience at a particular track. Ok I'm done with my two cents.
Thx Grove, I always appreciate feedback, whether it be positive or negative. I think most of us, cause feel we are in the right, either (1)forget we may recieve ....or(2)don't expect to recieve , any negative feedback when we post .Especially, an objection, or penalty review.
Is there a penalty review ,procedure, or rule?
Or do all inquiries to administered penalties get tossed into the "Adminstration Conspiracy Theory" file as the final word
then ignored!
Your 2 cent's was well spent! I found your reply to be an acceptable and adequate response to the subject matter of the
original post. This is exactly the type of reply , along with a suitable explanation after review of the infraction, that would have been sufficient, from the NHRL League administration!
However, the reply I feel I received was a disinterested , unconcerned reply of conclusiveness that was handled poorly and shows disregard for members. I :-k [-X administration :!:
Thanx again , for your input .I appreciate it.
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

Is there a penalty review ,procedure, or rule?

ANSWER....YES

I realize our rules page is quite lengthy, but if you had made it all the way to the SECOND PARAGRAPH, you would of found the answer.

I won't debate penalties in the forum. There are procedures that need to be followed. If they are not, then as you so eloquantly put it......
all inquiries to administered penalties get tossed into the "Adminstration Conspiracy Theory" file as the final word
then ignored!
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Well, you started this thread by using an extremely condesending tone, and name calling (dumbasses). You thought that there was no possible way that you could have incurred a penality in any way, shape, or form, and you made that abundantly clear with your "avid writing skills".
I made the attempt to point out your mistake, explained what happened, and how we look at things. You evidently didn't like the answers you got, so off and running you went. You even went as far as to attack my driving in the process. Bad form our your part. If you are going to try and discredit other drivers for your mistakes, then you better be prepared for what comes of it. I'm sorry you got a penality, I'm sorry you didn't like it (not many do), but that's the way we work things here. If you don't adhere to the rules, you will be docked. Plain and simple.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

This is exactly the type of reply , along with a suitable explanation after review of the infraction, that would have been sufficient, from the NHRL League administration!
Translation: "I hate it when the admins assign penalties according to the league rules."

Well, first of all, this is not even a legitimate challenge to your penalty. This whole thread is just a poorly thought-out, poorly-written RANT. We have provided you with legitimate responses despite your mockery of a "discussion." In your ongoing rant, you have repeatedly made baseless arguments and attacks and have demonstrated little understanding of the league rules. If you even knew the most basic of rules, you would have known there are procedures for "secondary reviews" of penalties.

Please demonstrate where the admins "got improper" in this thread. You simply don't like the answers we provided because they all lead to the same thing: you deserved a penalty.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Just Forget I said anything!
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Memory wipe :arrow: click here for de memorization YOU HAVE BEEN DE-MEMORIZED
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

I wonder how many people are actually going to click that thinking it does something?? LOL :lol: :badgrin: :twisted: :roll: :shock:
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

They wont even know that it didnt do anything cuz they got their memory wiped.
Nightstalker
Forum Member

Post by Nightstalker »

Bmxtwins wrote:They wont even know that it didnt do anything cuz they got their memory wiped.
Do you have to get a word in on everything? Obviously you do, 206 posts in 82 days time. Holy shit. This entire thread had absolutely zero to do with you. Mind your own frikin business. Go play rockband or sumthin.
Relentlessly Evil and 100% Right