Secondary Review Request

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
efgordon
League Member

Secondary Review Request

Post by efgordon »

I would like an explanation about my dangerous driving penalty on lap 17 of the Michigan race.

Here is what happen from my point of view and why i feel i should not get a penalty

on lap 17 i was high wide and handsome and minding my own beeswax. I did not punt anyone out of the way, or block anyone.

As i got into turn 3, SMASH..... yea, someone who's name i shall not mention came storming off the apron (apparently the jerk never bothered to practice pitting) and smashed right into me. I went head first into the wall and immediately blew a right front. "oh shit" i said to myself as i then looked in my rear view and saw 3 or 4 cars behind me. So i stayed high and bounced off the wall a few more times until i saw everyone was clear, then i got my ass off the track. I was wobbling like a weeble-wable and had no front right tire. Man that was disappointing, but instead of getting even like some would do, i ducked into the pits (heck, they were right there and i was already off the track) and then waited out the 25-30 secs the crew took to fix my mangled ride, and i went out and finished the race as best i could.

Why a penalty?

I am not stupid. I have raced in this league for quite a few races now. I already know you cant pit directly from the track. However, I didnt pit, i got crashed, followed the proper edict of getting off the track correctly.

All i ask is for a quick response on this. I dont feel like dragging this out forever.

Thanks
DaveO
League Member

Re: Secondary Review Request

Post by DaveO »

NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

I really don't have any say in the busch series. Since you asked for a quick response, I loaded the replay and looked at lap 17 for ya. If you would of been penalized for the incident you described, the penalty would say "Illegal Entrance". I'm assuming you were penalized for your incident with camry in turn 2.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

that was a racing deal. i have already talked to camry through e-mail. his replay shows one thing, mine shows another. i didnt run him over or punt him out of the way. i even mentioned that i was low during the race while on vent cause i knew camry was on vent. this was one of those heat quirks where my replay showed more room than what really existed. it was not dangerous driving. well, no more dangerous than driving at those speeds coming out of the turns side by side can be. only natural dangerous conditions of racing existed, nothing more dangerous was added by me. i should not be penalized for a racing deal. the rules state trading paint is ok, but dangerous driving is not. i submit to you and the league that my driving was close and tight, but not dangerous or over agressive. i will e-mail you (or whoever) my replay for review if needed.
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

Yes, we will need your replay. Like I said, I don't really have a say in it, but I can look at it and give the kid my take on it. I know sometimes warp comes into play on these deals. If your replay clearly shows it was warp, it should be tossed.

The best way to get it to one of us is sending it through AIM.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Upload your replay on the file space...I will private message you with the login information.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

lepage71 wrote:Upload your replay on the file space...I will private message you with the login information.
I'm not interested in speaking with you. I'm not happy at all by the way things are going lately and i can garuntee i will say things that i will regret.

Make a ruling and be done with it. I will be.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

I do notice that penalty has been lifted. Rightly so too. Thank You. Anyone that knows me understands that penalties drive me crazy. I'm not even 100% over the technical ones i got at Daytona. I would rather finish 2nd with no penalties than finish first with a 1 point penalty. Thats a fact jack.

That there was the perfect storm brewing. I cant catch a break lately and it was causing a serious cold front. I have one guy on my left with a magnifying glass and a hitler handbook who likes to poke me with a stick and a guy to my right who is blind as a bat with a concrete foot and a pee brain poking me with a 3000lb car. It turned easy going efgordon into hurricane ef and that bad boy was last seen by stormtracker headed straight towards the nhrl headquarters. Fortunately the load of hot air lost a ton of steam and momentum over Skoty Island and is now reduced to a class 1 clown. This was a very huge break to the NHRL considering the ring leader would probably drown is 3 1/2 feet of water.

I also went deep into the back rack of theme music for this episode of how the nhrl turns and my mighty fine whine....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFypAB7nYGA
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

And thank you for bringing it to our attention. Your replay clearly showed that warp was the cause of the incident. Warp is just a part of online racing, and we do not penalize warp related incidents.

Just remember, the "Penalty Nazi" is always watching. With his Mr Magoo glasses... :ezboardnerd ....and his hard cover copy of the "Hitler Handbook" by his side... :newspaper ....poke, poke..... :jester
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

What is with the Schindler's List here? I'm german you wannabe NAZI's! lmao.