brands hatch..

General announcements and discussion about the league rules page.
DaveO
League Member

brands hatch..

Post by DaveO »

I'm giving up a little bit of speed, and relearned to drive this track with keeping 4 tires on the pavement for brands hatch.. Now my only question is how far to the left do I go when it comes to pitting.. (I've never raced this track yet in any series) So I wanna make sure I do the right thing. TIA
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
CR49
League Member

Re: brands hatch..

Post by CR49 »

Go far left and if you hit the wall you've gone too far.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

You don't need to be smearing the left-side wall, but at the same time, don't be far enough to the right so that you're clearly in something that could not be called the "outside lane" as defined in the rules. I would rather not specify a precise "fudge line" or "point of leniency" because the purpose of the updated rules are not to promote a "how left or right can I be and get away with it" attitude but rather create a consistent standard understood among all drivers. This should make pitting easier and less hazardous for everyone.
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I think way too much attention is being given to this topic. As long as you're giving other people on pit road room, why does it matter?
Big Mike
League Member

Post by Big Mike »

Will it be a penalty going across the grass on pit road entering? :oops:
Skoty Speed
League Administrator

Post by Skoty Speed »

Anytime a driver leaves the racing surface, anywhere on the track, imcluding pit road entrance/exit, it may be penalized.