Out of curiousity

Registered usernames are not required to post messages in this forum.
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Out of curiousity

Post by GFN-Murray »

Does anyone in this league get paid real cash for the points races?
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: Out of curiousity

Post by Rookiesrock »

Seems to be an odd question. How did that come about? To answer your question. NO. We don't even get a t-shirt or a hat geez!
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

It's not that odd. I just figured I'd ask, since some guys here act like their getting food taken off of their table or money taken out of their pockets if they have to deal with lapped or slower cars. I know the NHRL is all about keeping Heat alive, and keeping people interested, but wow. I get talked to about how since the Bristol race, you guys want me to quit running into the grass or up against the wall to get out of the way, so then I take the advice, and try to hold a line. I quit the Lowe's race a quarter of the way in because I got tired of hearing the BS. I heard LESS crap evading you guys instead of trying to race with you. Then I had to hear the garbage when my right front tire blew out and I got into someone trying to get into the pits. Yeah, I know I got a lot of room to talk since I'm not Mr. Super Racer like you guys are. At the very least, since this is a premier Heat league, you guys that like to get snappy and throw out your little quips during the race should realize, this is just a GAME.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

GFN-Murray wrote:It's not that odd. I just figured I'd ask, since some guys here act like their getting food taken off of their table or money taken out of their pockets if they have to deal with lapped or slower cars. I know the NHRL is all about keeping Heat alive, and keeping people interested, but wow. I get talked to about how since the Bristol race, you guys want me to quit running into the grass or up against the wall to get out of the way, so then I take the advice, and try to hold a line. I quit the Lowe's race a quarter of the way in because I got tired of hearing the BS. I heard LESS crap evading you guys instead of trying to race with you. Then I had to hear the garbage when my right front tire blew out and I got into someone trying to get into the pits. Yeah, I know I got a lot of room to talk since I'm not Mr. Super Racer like you guys are. At the very least, since this is a premier Heat league, you guys that like to get snappy and throw out your little quips during the race should realize, this is just a GAME.
When your racing during a race, shit happens to everyone, and guys get pist, it happens!! Just be your own man, and move on to the next race!!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

Just figured I'd ask, because if guys were getting paid, I wouldn't bother with even trying.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Feel free to mute whoever you want. I do it all the time. :badgrin:
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

GFN-Murray wrote:It's not that odd. I just figured I'd ask, since some guys here act like their getting food taken off of their table or money taken out of their pockets if they have to deal with lapped or slower cars. I know the NHRL is all about keeping Heat alive, and keeping people interested, but wow. I get talked to about how since the Bristol race, you guys want me to quit running into the grass or up against the wall to get out of the way, so then I take the advice, and try to hold a line. I quit the Lowe's race a quarter of the way in because I got tired of hearing the BS. I heard LESS crap evading you guys instead of trying to race with you. Then I had to hear the garbage when my right front tire blew out and I got into someone trying to get into the pits. Yeah, I know I got a lot of room to talk since I'm not Mr. Super Racer like you guys are. At the very least, since this is a premier Heat league, you guys that like to get snappy and throw out your little quips during the race should realize, this is just a GAME.

dude, you are obviously paranoid or something. i am on vent all the time during races and i HONESTLY cant remember a single thing said about you other than the "who is mb2?" question. and i certainly meant no harm.

your analogy is not only way off base, and its insulting. just come over to my house one day unannounced and try to "take money out of my pocket" or "food off my plate" and you will only wish the only penalty is a smart ass comment.

and just sit back and ponder........ would you really (or anyone) be interested in doing any of this if indeed it were nothing more than a laxidasical stroll around the tracks and getting wrecked meant nothing other than "oh well mr rodgers, guess i will see you next week" "golly gee i only wish i could have made it past lap 2 this week, but oh well, tell me bout your bitching paint jobs".....

hell no, nobody would show up for racing in your world..... now get your ass in the garage and practice and when you get good enough to hang without wrecking, you too can join the club of people who do get just a little upset in the presence of dumbasses who only "think" they know what they are doing and resist the truth (truth being you suck right now and should get out of the way)
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

You probably heard efgordon during his momentary spasms of tourette syndrome...don't mind him, he means no harm. Part of the stigma attached to the Verbal Liberties channel is that it is kind of an "anything goes" section in Ventrilo. I don't know how or why everyone started going down there for races, but we used to go into the series channels before this season, where everyone needs to be more polite.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

lepage71 wrote:You probably heard efgordon during his momentary spasms of tourette syndrome...don't mind him, he means no harm. Part of the stigma attached to the Verbal Liberties channel is that it is kind of an "anything goes" section in Ventrilo. I don't know how or why everyone started going down there for races, but we used to go into the series channels before this season, where everyone needs to be more polite.

negitive. i dont even remember crossing his path or hearing anyone else mention him.....BEFORE, AFTER, OR DURING THE RACE.

having said that, i am sure its possible i missed a comment or two, but this guy is acting like he is getting verbally assaulted for not moving out of the way. so what dude, thats the way it goes sometimes, nobody has ever joined the league and not had a few issues with other peeps trying to get up to speed. (well, most everyone i can remember, and i am not exacly the welcoming commitee either)

so as the story goes.....lead, follow, or get out of the way, but whatever you do.... dont whine about it cause nobody wants to hear it. aka "thats racing"

fwiw - i hope mb2 sticks with the racing long enough to have someone else tear up a car he worked all week on then make like its no big deal. you too will take a trip to the darkside where you have to do something so so bad and uncalled for like....errrrr....critisize someone. omg, thats like the end of the world aint it?
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: bran muffins in the morning

Post by GFN-Murray »

efgordon......I haven't held you up, and I haven't taken you out, you're the one that's paranoid, because twice now I have posted on here about altercations or dealings with NHRL members, and you have seen fit both times to jump on the defensive like I'm calling you out or something. Oh yeah, and the "you suck" comment? Is this the treatment ALL new members get when they come in here and aren't half as good as everyone else, or just the treatment I get for saying anything about it? I guess Joe Nemechek, Kyle Petty, Robby Gordon(who happens to be my favorite driver, 7 happens to be my # in all the other leagues I'm in),etc, etc, suck too since their not in the top five passing each other back and forth cleanly, and lovingly, like their tip toeing in a ballet. You didn't hear my name mentioned because when the altercations were happening, I knew they were happening and the other drivers were making the comments. No one flat out addressed me by name when the stuff was going on. And besides, YOU lost your NHRL point lead to wrecks and all that crap before I came along, so get off of my ass. I've seen you in my mirror, and I've moved out of your way, EVERYTIME. I haven't cost you anything, so piss off when you know I'm not referring to you.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

ef, I didn't mean you actually said anything to MB2, although you still have a "rare form of tourettes" as you have once said :biggrin:
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

GET IN, SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND RACE!!!!!!!! :lol:
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Do I need to break out my body armor?
efgordon
League Member

Re: bran muffins in the morning

Post by efgordon »

GFN-Murray wrote:efgordon......I haven't held you up
who said you held me up?
GFN-Murray wrote:twice now I have posted on here about altercations or dealings with NHRL members, and you have seen fit both times to jump on the defensive like I'm calling you out or something.
you cant be serious. lmao. i just went back and read the only other time i have adressed you in the cup race @ pocono thread. please except my apology for having the nerve to ask such a stupid, crazy, and embarrassing question about the race during happy hour no less. "Who is MB2?" gee, please forgive me because that really must make me look like a pompas jerk or something. wait.....hmmmmmm, i just remembered something. I didnt even ask that stupid question. the nhrl should ban whoever that was right away! i simply asked another question after someone answered the 1st question (mb1's son). "Who is MB1?". Hopefully the league will only suspend me for multiple races for such flagrant bad manners with respect to the internet. (yea, other than you being welcomed to the league and being told "good luck at bristol" , i was really being all defensive there. lol)
GFN-Murray wrote:Oh yeah, and the "you suck" comment? Is this the treatment ALL new members get when they come in here and aren't half as good as everyone else, or just the treatment I get for saying anything about it?
the latter.

fwiw - I dont know what car paint you are or your car #. i have no clue if you held me up or didnt. when i say "you suck" it simply comes from knowledge that everyone does (suck) until they dont (suck). its just a fact and nothing personal.
GFN-Murray wrote:I guess Joe Nemechek, Kyle Petty, Robby Gordon(who happens to be my favorite driver, 7 happens to be my # in all the other leagues I'm in),etc, etc, suck too since their not in the top five passing each other back and forth cleanly, and lovingly, like their tip toeing in a ballet.
2 things.... 1. you coulda mixed in Kevin Lepage and Boris for me to back this whole suck thing. how bout.... "i guess hockey sucks because its no longer on tv and 3 people watch on the internet". yes, then we are definately talking extreme sucktom. 2. Perhaps your problem with me is the fact that I am the #7 around here? sorry, you will have to pry it from my cold dead hands........or send me some cash.. lol
GFN-Murray wrote:I knew they were happening and the other drivers were making the comments. No one flat out addressed me by name when the stuff was going on.
and you responded by calling them (us) out in the forums for taking their (our/mine) hobby too seriously. then following it up with the "its just a game" stuff. who are you to define what it is that we do here? how dare you marginalize anything based on your limited view? you have no problem passing judgement but just cant stand it when judgement is placed on you? maybe it is, maybe it isnt (just a game). perhaps this league even means different things to different people. whatever it is certainly is not up to you.
GFN-Murray wrote:YOU lost your NHRL point lead to wrecks and all that crap before I came along
i lost the points lead because of the COMPETITION in the league. it takes a darn near perfect run to even get in the top 5 in a league race because enough people care enough to show up prepared. hopefully it stays that way. if newbies like yourself occationally get offended by the fact that you suck, then it is sometimes a sign that you just cant hack it and should sign up for a nr2003 league. i once sucked bad too, just like everyone else. i didnt sit around crying about it though or whinning to the league forums about taking it less seriously.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

GFN Mc Murray, EFgordon did not lose the pts lead due to wrecks. That dude drove like a champion all year in this league. The competition between the points leaders were fierce and very competitive. All the the guys that ran for the championship practiced for endless hours, raced hard, clean and very competitive racing.. All those guys should be applauded with how they drove this year, and proud of what they have accomplished!!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

We drivers here in the NHRL league are quite a group of characters. I personally have no forethought of anything I say. As long as I think its funny then I say it. And as long as even a single person laughs, it’s worth it. If you want to talk and hear narcissistic and politically correct language then that SERIES channel is the one you want. Not the VERBAL LIBERTIES channel. You have a choice. It’s also your freedom to post anything you want here. Nobody is more entitled than anyone else. So feel free and speak your mind.
You are not unlike many who have stopped at the station marked “NHRL”. There are some that can tough it out and learn from the plethora of knowledge that exist in this league and is free for the taking if asked for, and excel as competitors. And then there are many and I mean many that can’t hack it and move on down the ladder of competition for something more their speed. I would suggest that your next post will reveal which one you are.
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

This is exactly what we need in the off season to pass the time :-({|= . Great reading! :newspaper
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

LMAO :lol: :laughorange
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

jesse rathbun wrote:GET IN, SIT DOWN, SHUT UP, AND RACE!!!!!!!!
=D> Amen!
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Upon further review (chime in here guys), I see that MB2 never turned more than 4200 RPM's. Was that a mistake with the wrong set or lack of practice? Please can we be honest about our frustrations?
Last edited by Rookiesrock on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.