Out of curiousity

Registered usernames are not required to post messages in this forum.
Stick77
League Member

Re: Out of curiousity

Post by Stick77 »

Interesting.... Thats one heck of a fuel gear!! This aint the bonneville salt flats. Gonna need more gear than that. If any of the new peeps need some setup help feel free to ask. Some of the new guys this year can agree, im more than willing to send ya a setup.Might not be the fastest or the longest lasting but ill give ya what im running. The more guys up to speed makes for better racing(not because slow cars suck) and yes i have been that guy. So just ask and you would be surprised how many guys step up to help ya in this league. I ask all the time #-o
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Stick77 wrote:Interesting.... Thats one heck of a fuel gear!! This aint the bonneville salt flats. Gonna need more gear than that. If any of the new peeps need some setup help feel free to ask. Some of the new guys this year can agree, im more than willing to send ya a setup.Might not be the fastest or the longest lasting but ill give ya what im running. The more guys up to speed makes for better racing(not because slow cars suck) and yes i have been that guy. So just ask and you would be surprised how many guys step up to help ya in this league. I ask all the time #-o
Sticks is right 4200 rpms is one heck of a fuel gear. and geez man if you need help with setups or have questions just ask man, you can ask peeps on ventrillo, in the server or send anyone a pm message... I've also given up setups and answered numerous questions to help out some of the new guys, just ask anyone for help.... this is whats great about this league, we all try to help out one another so that we have better racing and competition on the track!!
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

About the "4200 rpm" deal, that was just me rolling the dice. I knew I wouldn't be able to get a good finish trying to actually race for a spot. Me and H8er started out in Heat running "dirt" mods, then we decided to start running "paved" mods, which we hung around a league that ran in "normal" mode, and it seemed like fun. We've never run paved stuff in "Expert" or "Hardcore" mode, so we figured a couple months ago that it was about time to learn. We've never ran with mirrors or manual pits either. I've known lepage71 for several years, he's helped us out with tons of stuff, so I figured we'd come check out NHRL. I ran a few times in the old IRF with GR8-1, he was cool as hell. Anyway, I took a Skoty set and modified it to where I could drive it, dropped 4th gear to .50 and thought maybe I wouldn't have to make as many pit stops. In theory it would've worked, and in practice I was running 32 laps before the fuel light would come on. It wouldn't have won a race, but I was hoping to finish at least 2 laps down. What I didn't count on was the setup turning to total garbage in the server and the right front wheel/tire acting like a basketball. DaveO, since you're allowed to call me Mc Murray I guess I'm allowed to call you Tommy Rich. Whatever works, right? lol. Rookiesrock, you're a freak, I know I got in your way a few times, I'll try to have the hang of all this before the new season with the new mod, you're cool, I don't care what Tommy Rich says :grin: . efgordon, you can keep nr2k3 for yourself, put rFactor in your pocket, too. Do you actually know the meaning of some of them big words you use? But hey ef, wanna do some mining together? We could put on helmets and little pairs of shorts and look like tough guys. Not into that? well, that's all I got to offer you for now. I'll get better at this, ef, and when I do start turning in top 5 finishes, I guess the story will be me putting you into the wall. I love ya big guy. ADDENDUM: efgordon, since you seem to take everything I say "wackass literally", my last few sentences there should keep you busy for awhile sweet Charlie.
Stick77, I appreciate your help and comments, I've learned alot watching you, bover907, d3efan, etc, in practice sessions on non race nights.
Reef, please pass efgordon some of the good stuff because his homegrown got contaminated with gout or something similar :wink: .
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

So are you saying "Skoty's set sucks"?
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: Rookiesrock trying to be cute

Post by GFN-Murray »

Rookiesrock: what.....are you trying to start trouble? No, I'm not saying that, the use of that word is starting to get pretty old. Can you drive everyone's sets the way they are, perfectly, every time? I'm pretty sure Skoty(along with most, if not all of you guys) use a wheel, I don't use one so those sets made with a wheel I need to change so that "I can drive them". I got nothing against a wheel, I've tried several, I just can't get the feel. I'm on a controller, a rather old controller that needs to be constantly reconfigured in "Control Panel" in Windows XP. I got one more race in another league to close out the points season, then I'll buy the very best controller I can find, which right now seems to be the XboX 360 controller which works pretty good with Heat and XP. Yeah, I hear the BS all the time about "you need a wheel" this that and the other thing...... When it becomes a requirement to be part of the league, I guess I'll stay my black ass out the pool.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

I was just giving Skoty shit. Lol.
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Post by GFN-Murray »

Giving Skoty shit.......I sorta got a question regarding him. He always appears "online", sometimes 24hrs a day on Yahoo, but never answers my IM's. I'd ask him myself why, but, you know.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

yes, all the sucking is getting old........NOT!

but lets do keep it real and touch on some of the things you speak of that i can really get behind

"gr8-1, he was cool".......check

"i took a skoty set and modified it"....check....who could blame you? i'm not sure skoty likes skoty sets.... :jester

"rookiesrock, your a freak"....check..if you listen closely when he keys into vent, you can hear whodini's "the freaks come out at night" in the background. He also escaped my stranglehold on the points chase like his great great 3rd cousin harry

"wanna do some mining together? ".....sure, i'm running low on bronze.

btw - as long as we are all in the mood for name calling........
GFN-Murray wrote:my last few sentences there should keep you busy for awhile sweet Charlie.
your new name is Ross Perot. we gonna paint you a #92 H. Ross Perot Chevy (or ford or whatever you like) and we will always remember that old quote that made him so famous when we see you comming (or going, again your choice)........"The Giant Sucking Sound"

GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: w/e

Post by GFN-Murray »

Maybe I need to take a short trip down the Beltway, I frequent the Verizon Center quite often, you know what, cancel that. To call a 6'5" 264lbs bro something like Ross Perot, you may as well just mark me as "foe" in your Forum user control panel, because all these other guys are pretty funny you're just plain "a jerk". You start some kind of lame crap in this short CTS series, don't count on that championship, either. I'm done with you totally, piss off.
efgordon
League Member

Post by efgordon »

fine, but you started it....... :-({|= get back to me if you need directions.

how bout you call me ross perot and i will call you sweet charlie? is that fair enough for you?
Stick77
League Member

Post by Stick77 »

Ladies and Gentleman!! Welcome to the main event bout in the NHRL scheduled for 10 rounds of action packed word throwing. In this corner standing a whopping 6'5" tall and weighing in at 264 stone dwelling from the mean streets of cleveland GFN"the dog pound killer"Murray : :footballhelmet . And in the opposite corner The undesputed pound for pound ,badest trash talker,king of the comback and the occasional your mamma joke hailing from somewhere in the world, The mouth of the south EF"Go :wiggle yourself " Gordon :argh . Get ready for the greatest event since Tyson bit off Holyfields ear and spit it on the ring and stomped on it. This one is going to be brutal a real :clubber down. It might get so out of hand they are going to call in the :cop :army :coastguard to sort it all out in the end. One of these two contenders might take a trip to the :sick or even worse :ezboarddevel . So sit back enjoy and dont forget the popcorn \:D/
jrfan381
League Member

Post by jrfan381 »

LMAO Stick! :laughorange :ezboardlaugh :lol:
GFN-Murray
Forum Member

Re: Spicy nipple chops

Post by GFN-Murray »

Stick77: That was pretty cool, I'm from PA though, lol. Just an Arizona Cardinals/Cleveland Browns fan. Dog Pound Killer? That's almost Michael Vick-like, lmao. I better not laugh too hard, if he's ever allowed back in the NFL he might end up in Arizona or Cleveland :wink:. I had to run your paragraph out on my printer so I'd be able to keep it around for awhile, that was pretty hilarious. Being that I am into sports somewhat, I hear that if Vick comes back in a few years, he could end up as a wide receiver for the Chicago Bears. Is that nutty or what? At least that's the word I'm getting from some reliable NFL guys in VA. Who knows, but anyway, Stick77, keep coming up with cool stuff like that, and maybe I'll quit getting the urge the fry up a skillet full of hot grease to throw on people, lol. Real good reading material you got there. :wink:
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

stick :laughorange :laughorange :jester :ezboardlaugh