Michigan

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Ramrock41

Michigan

Post by Ramrock41 »

Could i get someone to give me a few tricks or tips on how to get around Michigan with 37.5?? lap time?
I cant seem to get under 38.1s and 2s,..iv tried diffrent setups,..but i dont think its the setup,..i think its the way i'm driving. Some of you guys that are getting 37.5s and 6s,..would you explaine to me how your driving the track to get those times? Thanks.

Ramrock41.
scrooluice

Re: Michigan

Post by scrooluice »

I know one thing about Michigan is that alot times you can drive way too hot into the corners without realizing it. I started getting faster at Michigan by letting off the gas alot earlier than I would've thought, and it makes driving through the turn alot smoother and easier and lets you get back on the gas quicker.

#13 West Coast Choppers Chevrolet Monte Carlo - NASCAR Heat Winston Cup Series
#8 Budweiser Chevrolet Silverado - NASCAR Heat Craftsman Truck Series
sledge4

Post by sledge4 »

I've also noticed letting off early makes you faster, because you can stick to the low side of the turns instead of drifting up the track.

Will
IMDEDXX

Post by IMDEDXX »

ive also noticed that if you have another car driving in front of you, if you stay really close to his back bumper, the two of you can go faster than you would be able to go if you were alone on the track. i believe the term is drafting. fastest ive done alone on the track recently is mid to high sixes, but wont be using that gear tonight. according to the results from our preseason race here, .800 is a good time to shoot for, or maybe im just way off the pace, guess we'll see soon. lol
Ramrock41

Re:Michigan

Post by Ramrock41 »

Thanks for those tips guys,..and imded,..I knew about the drafting thing,...lol,..but the faster cars seem to pull away from me bud,..and some of the guys ether dont want to draft or they dont know how,..lol, Gota catch those fast guys before I can grab thair draft,..lmao.
But i need to work on being a little faster myself so i can stay with them. Thanks guys for the input,..i realy appreciate it.