bristol info needed

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Truck Series.
fireman79

bristol info needed

Post by fireman79 »

hey all, i will be running the truck series now. i have only raced trucks 1 time so i need a little help to get ready for bristol. how many laps on a run? what kind of times for q and long run? thanks
CR49

Re: bristol info needed

Post by CR49 »

Hi I know I have never raced with ya'll but I can answer your question. I just ran Bristol Sunday in another league. Didnt last long but oh well lol. Anyway I practiced with a couple guys most of the week. I ran 15.2's-15.3's pretty consistent. 3 guys where running 15.1's. Koolguy took the pole in the race with a 15.255 and ran a fast lap of 15.108 in the race. I qualified 2nd with a 15.297 i believe. As far as the pit window I dont know if I cna help there. I see ya'll run 4x here, it was 2x there. Everyone made it on one stop that didnt have any problems though. Hope this helps some for you.
lepage71

Post by lepage71 »

well I know the window for stock cars is 43 laps...so if you can get somewhere around that for trucks you should be allright
fireman79

Post by fireman79 »

thanks for the help. i knew cars were 42 or so but i was not sure if you could get that many with a truck. i was getting 39 in practice with the same gear as car.