Question About Tires?

Submit setups and compare strategies for upcoming league races.
MrTriggaHook
Forum Member

Question About Tires?

Post by MrTriggaHook »

Going try best as I can explain I been doing some practice laps at Bristol and I been paying attention to imo and been getting high numbers.I know after let say six laps my tires starts to wear out to changing colors.The setup feels pretty good just not tires,is this normal or is their any advice for the tires?
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Question About Tires?

Post by lepage71 »

You'll want to drive your car and tweak your setup so that you can be smooth over the majority of the tire and fuel run. For example, you don't want to be screeching the tires for long periods of time...that's one thing to avoid right away. Sometimes, our races can "go green" for awhile. Also, it often depends on the wear factor. If you're testing on 4x or higher WF, then it's quite normal to see color changes after only a few laps.
MrTriggaHook
Forum Member

Re: Question About Tires?

Post by MrTriggaHook »

lepage71 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:22 pm You'll want to drive your car and tweak your setup so that you can be smooth over the majority of the tire and fuel run. For example, you don't want to be screeching the tires for long periods of time...that's one thing to avoid right away. Sometimes, our races can "go green" for awhile. Also, it often depends on the wear factor. If you're testing on 4x or higher WF, then it's quite normal to see color changes after only a few laps.
Ok thank you I been doing 6x tire wear factor for race Friday since said it normal I just need make good run good for long enough for tires to last,I see what I can do by Friday.
Thanks.