Holiday Derby V

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

Holiday Derby V

Post by lepage71 »

We've tentatively scheduled the fifth rendition of this prestigious annual event for Saturday, December 16 (historical results and schedule page). Let us know if you have thoughts about the day or time. As far as who's the favorite, no questions there, that would be me, the 2016 winner.

Now, the main question that needs answering: what mod and at what track? We're looking for options here, people, so get sharing! :meanlaughter
DusterLag
League Member

Re: Holiday Derby V

Post by DusterLag »

North Wilkesboro is always a great track for this, and any mod will do.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Speedyman11
League Member

Post by Speedyman11 »

Tracks: Lanier, Langley, Huntsville, I-700
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

North Wilkesboro is indeed a great derby track, but it's also true that we've already held one there. FYI, the results didn't disappoint. I do like the looks of Speedy's suggestions, they all appear to be solid choices. Any objections to running Huntsville in, say, the Platinum Cup mod?
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I object to any track Speedy suggests.Rather, ask him which tracks he doesn't prefer,then by all means pick one of those! lol.Same goes for LP!!!! I will spend some time testing a few tracks , new tracks and drop a reply back up here with my suggestions. Capisce!
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

ok here are a few for thought.....all have working pits...Derry, Hickory, thompson, waterford.I thought an interesting choice would be the stuntrack, until I got stuck and couldnt flip car back over,plus the weight of the Cotplat g3 car is unbalanced.But i sure did have a blast testing the track out.lol..
Oh i almost forgot....Jennerstown would be great. Since i won that Derby in 2015, plus that would make me the Favorite.hehehehehe
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Thanks all for the good suggestions. Also, just an FYI. I'm considering moving the date of this season's event to December 23rd. At the moment, I'm currently overseas, and I haven't had time to develop any poster to promote the event, post and share it, etc. I'll be back around the 14th.