New Ride For 2014

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
GTSVip9
League Member

Re: New Ride For 2014

Post by GTSVip9 »

Been a while since I've had an update for everyone. Last night I ran my 4th "event" of the season (I say event because last week we got hit with rain right before the feature). I finished 10th in a field of 24, which is respectable I think, even though I started 4th and got freight trained by cars on the bottom for a while. I had the camera in this week and took some video but I never checked the settings and they weren't what I needed for the lighting conditions so it's pretty dark but something to watch none the less. Next week we visit a 1/4 mile soup bowl and I'm planning on having video from that as well.

GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here are last night's heat and feature races from my car. Video quality is better but still not great in the low light, curse of the 4 year old GoPro I guess. This is a very fun track to drive, most fun I've raced on so far in any car. You're sideways more than you aren't around this place.

GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

No racing this week so here's a picture from a few weeks ago. Next week will be a fun one, racing Friday night and then double features on Saturday night. As always I'll try to have some video for you all to watch.

bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Nice looking car. Could do with some flames though :D
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here is what I have from Friday night. I bumped the camera before the heat race so it's kind of crooked and then the battery died a few laps into the feature. I have plenty of good video from Saturday though that I'm still working on putting together. I'll post that later this evening hopefully.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Sorry about the audio in the first part of this one, like I said, it's probably time for a new GoPro. I went from 22nd to 12th in the make-up feature, finished 3rd to two very good drivers (one of which won the make-up) in the heat, and finished 9th in the feature on a night where we has 36 cars show up so 12 guys didn't even make the show.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here is what will probably be the last video for a while, the motor wasn't sounding right this past weekend and wouldn't idle right. We ran it since it didn't seem like too big of a deal and then checked it out this week. Turns out one of the valves is getting pulled up into the head which means since this is a sealed motor program, it will have to be sent down to Charlotte to be rebuilt. I don't really have a time frame on when I'll be back at this point. I'll just have to do some more online racing I guess.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Anyone want to come up with a design for my 2015 ride?
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Already looks nice with the two purple/silver. How about a simple silver pinstripe from the engine cover to the back. Starts on the cover, has two right angles to cut under the A pillar, under the door. Then it can either work around around the back window and connect, or for a V on the trunk. Not a lot of canvas to work with haha.

Hell, you could always do something like this:
In Reef we trust.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Hammer wrote:Already looks nice with the two purple/silver. How about a simple silver pinstripe from the engine cover to the back. Starts on the cover, has two right angles to cut under the A pillar, under the door. Then it can either work around around the back window and connect, or for a V on the trunk. Not a lot of canvas to work with haha.

Hell, you could always do something like this:
I want to do something simple on it just to break up the purple a little bit. I'm thinking something along the lines of some silver on the sides with orange between the silver and purple. Thinking orange numbers too, I want it to stand out a bit since the purple is kind of dark and you couldn't miss my yellow car on the track.

The F1 car has way too much going on, took me forever to even figure out it even had Red Bull on the side of it
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Lol, that red bull was just a joke.
In Reef we trust.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

The off-season is pretty boring if you didn't already know that....
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

Here's what a simple scalloped pinstripe would look like. If you wanted more color pop could move it to the middle of the door and make inside the scallops a solid color and have your number on top of that. Could also do one solid pinstripe from nose to back and run white numbers with black outline and Orange outline an inch beyond the black outline.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Thinking along the same lines with the outline filled in with silver. I'm waiting on an estimate from a local place to get it wrapped, I'll have some ideas to throw at them at least.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here is a time-lapse of some actual work getting done on the car. There are 2 versions, a shorter version with no audio and a longer one that was just slowed down to match your stereotypical song for this sort of thing, Fuel by Metallica.

Shorter silent version

Longer Metallica version
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

A quick one, but I think it looks sharp.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

I like it BMX, it has a nice clean look
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

If any of you guys are into the Facebook thing, I've created a page for my racing adventures. It has pictures from when I started up to what's going on so far this year along with a link to my youtube page where all my in-car videos are.
http://www.facebook.com/mitchellracing91
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here's the look for 2015
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

nice :thumbsup