2013 Racing Videos

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
GTSVip9
League Member

2013 Racing Videos

Post by GTSVip9 »

Some of you here might remember me posting videos of me racing back on the NASR forum, decided to take some more video and upload them this season. Here is the heat race from this past Friday night from inside my car. http://youtu.be/0XcxgDWQV3o

I'll be working on getting the feature edited and uploaded later tonight and I'll post that here as well.
bover907
League Administrator

Re: 2013 Racing Videos

Post by bover907 »

Bad-Ass, Vip! Keep 'em comin!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Thanks Bov, here is that night's feature. Only grip left in the track was on the very bottom. http://youtu.be/EtqqKSV6r5g
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

Awesome videos vip keepem comin
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here is this past Friday (5/31). Heat and feature are in one video this time. I'm using a new video editor and still getting used to it so you'll notice some differences, but the next video will have the issues worked out.

http://youtu.be/nbVIJFafSIc
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

That sucks about the tire, man. Looked like you were really doing a good job of using all the track at the one end to gain ground on the yellow car ahead prior to the flat. Kepp em, comin' man. love that kind of stuff.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

I don't know what was worse, the loss of the almost brand new tire (it was its second week) or that being my first DNF in over a year. I was waiting for the #3 (yellow car) to slip up just enough to open a hole for me and go after the leader but the big rut I hit had other plans. Glad you guys like watching the videos, I actually use them to learn what I'm doing wrong, what the other guys are doing and that sort of thing. It's also fun to see things I either missed or wasn't sure what I saw because it happened so fast like the coil spring that flew over my car the other year.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here is this past Friday night's (6/21) adventure I guess I'll call it. This one is worth watching all the way to the end. Sorry about the audio in the feature though, no clue what happened with that but it kind of sounds like an old Nintendo for some reason.
http://youtu.be/IIiKzL7gSaA
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

GTSVip9 wrote:Here is this past Friday night's (6/21) adventure I guess I'll call it. This one is worth watching all the way to the end. Sorry about the audio in the feature though, no clue what happened with that but it kind of sounds like an old Nintendo for some reason.
ouch looked like a nasty wreck at the end :shocked , everybody ok?
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Spike wrote:
GTSVip9 wrote:Here is this past Friday night's (6/21) adventure I guess I'll call it. This one is worth watching all the way to the end. Sorry about the audio in the feature though, no clue what happened with that but it kind of sounds like an old Nintendo for some reason.
ouch looked like a nasty wreck at the end :shocked , everybody ok?
Yeah everyone was ok, hurt feelings aside. I'm not sure that he even knew he was on fire considering he almost made an entire lap while on fire. The photographer got some cool pictures of it.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

What happened to him. looked like he had something break, and his car just jerked to the right, and ran over your hood. Was your car ok?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

He just flat ran me out of room off the corner, not the first time he's ever done that to me but the worst outcome we've had. My car is pretty hurt, looks right now that I'll be missing at least one race because I found even more wrong with it tonight while working on getting it fixed. Weird thing was, it didn't feel like that hard of a hit but it did plenty of damage.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

I'm a little late on this one but here's my in-car video from July 5th's race.
http://youtu.be/PYLduSvLHuo
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here's a little video from Friday night. It's not very long since things didn't go as planned once again.
http://youtu.be/qseNF-HyCuo
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Boy, you should have wrecked that DH that won the heat, and/or the other DH in the 5 car from what I saw. They both drove like idiots from what I could see, unless I'm missing something. Same sponsor too, imagine that, lol.

Either way, keep the vids coming, I really enjoy them. Good luck next time out!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

bover907 wrote:Boy, you should have wrecked that DH that won the heat, and/or the other DH in the 5 car from what I saw. They both drove like idiots from what I could see, unless I'm missing something. Same sponsor too, imagine that, lol.

Either way, keep the vids coming, I really enjoy them. Good luck next time out!
Hahaha it was quite a night. That wasn't my first run-in with the 7, he pulled that same crap on me once before and I was expecting it. We were actually rubbing wheels down the backstretch before the green because he was trying to push me down so he could run where he wanted to and I wasn't letting him. The 5 at least came over and talked to me after the race, I've never really had an issue with him but it mangled the tie-rod on that side pretty good among the numerous other issues coming from that race. Sadly the 7 went on to win the feature but the 5 was involved in an incident and didn't finish. Both of those cars are tied in with a machine shop and the legality of them both is very questionable. Anyway, looks like that will be my last race for this season, racing budget is exhausted and I have some more important things to take care of at the moment. I'll try to get the heat and feature from the dvd posted so you can see all the chaos that went on. I have a feeling if I would have made it out for the feature, the car would be in numerous pieces right now.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here is a video of the heat and feature from 8/2. I don't have in-car video from it because I forgot to charge the camera and the battery died in the staging area but I got this uploaded so you can at least see a fans perspective of the racing. This is the week where my transmission breaks in the feature so I dropped out shortly after the one caution.
http://youtu.be/LOLeA72zUMo
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

Sorry for your misfortune Justin, but as Bover said "keepem comin" :happy

I really enjoy watching the short track races I can't get to them in my area. :(
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Grumpy wrote:Sorry for your misfortune Justin, but as Bover said "keepem comin" :happy

I really enjoy watching the short track races I can't get to them in my area. :(
There won't be any more in-car videos for the year, I've decided to skip the last couple races and save myself some money. What I will do though is upload some of the other video from the races I posted in-car video from so you can check out more of what was going on. The other video really clears up what happened the night I had the run-in with the wall so that might be the next one I do. Maybe I'll even play around with overlaying my in-car on the other video. We'll see how ambitious I feel.
GTSVip9
League Member

Post by GTSVip9 »

Here is other video of the race from 6/21 (night of the wall incident/fireball). The video is 15 minutes long but there's some good racing in it and even though it calms down after the incident I was involved in, the ending is definitely worth watching (after the checkered flag that is...).
http://youtu.be/fYWgiei9HWU