Race Lengths

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Compared to 2012, the average length of each race should be:

Longer
15%
Shorter
31%
Similar
54%

Total votes: 13

lepage71
League Administrator

Race Lengths

Post by lepage71 »

Please feel free to post comments and questions after voting.
Hammer
League Member

Re: Race Lengths

Post by Hammer »

I voted similar because I think the race lengths are pretty good as they are now. However, I think there should be a difference in the Cup and NBS race lengths.

Keep Cup the same, but shorten the NBS races to let say 75% of what the regular distance would be. It would be worth a shot I think, it could throw some drivers a curveball and maybe give a bigger feel of urgency and create more exciting events. Its not always the case, but sometimes the NBS races feel exactly the same as the Cup races with the same strategy and driving styles. Maybe try for just one season, or even half a season and get a consensus. There may be no difference at all, but its worth a thought I guess.
In Reef we trust.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I could see us alternating race lengths in each series. I'm not sure about designating one series as having longer or short races. Some sort of back and forth rotation might be a good alternative. Does anyone else like this concept?
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

lepage71 wrote:I could see us alternating race lengths in each series. I'm not sure about designating one series as having longer or short races. Some sort of back and forth rotation might be a good alternative. Does anyone else like this concept?
I personally hate the idea. Keeping it similar keeps it interesting and closer racing. any longer and field starts to spread out.
The only exception would be plate tracks being a bit longer since it could bring out more strategy
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

I agree with the equal length CUP events and shorter NBS events. Could create different strategies instead of the same from the same people both days.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver