Some suggestions

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
Hammer
League Member

Some suggestions

Post by Hammer »

Suggestions starting for CTS season.

-Remove the minimum 10 drivers rule.

The game is old, people have moved on or now have obligations that do not allow them to play heat. In fact, you really don't need a set number of drivers to make that race any different. Some of the final races this season for where barley enough drivers showed up were some of the most fun and competitive all season long.

-remove 1 week paint job rule

With how easy it is to download and drop them into a folder, one week is kinda unnecessary. Remove might not be the correct phrasing, but how about lowering the time to 24 hours or like two days?

Also how about moving the races back to 11pm? I know some drivers would really appreciated the extra practice time.
In Reef we trust.
DusterLag
League Member

Re: Some suggestions

Post by DusterLag »

I agree with all 3 points you made, not necessarily the commentary though, :P lol

Also be sure Dayton2 is on the schedule!!!
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

hammer wrote:
Also how about moving the races back to 11pm? I know some drivers would really appreciated the extra practice time.
Move races back to 11pm? As of right now the races start only 15 minutes earlier, so technically your only getting 15 minutes more practice time. I've talked with different fellas in the past about racing in the NBS series and etc. But the main reason they never signed up for the series was because the races were held so late on a Friday night. You have to remember Friday is also a work day, and some of the older age drivers in the community probably would appreciate an earlier race start. I would say keep cup at the normal race time of either 10:45 or 11:00pm. But there's no reason why you couldn't race a series a tad earlier. Kinda sucks imho for some drivers who thinks it's to late on there end.

I know this has been brought up over the years, but it never did change, so do what you guys want. Just telling yea's what I do know of other folks wishes in the community.

Good luck with whatever you guys decide. 8)
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Lp,

Do what you use to do in the early days. Run both Cup and NBS on the same nights. Back then it was great for guys who liked to race late and also for guys who liked to race earlier in the time slots on Saturday nights.

Old days times: Cup 11pm. NBS 9pm. That way you have the best of both worlds in the same evening. Use to also get a bunch of guys on IRF before the races to chat it up a bit, and get them practicing on the server. Now those were the days!! :mrgreen
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

DaveO wrote:Lp,

Do what you use to do in the early days. Run both Cup and NBS on the same nights. Back then it was great for guys who liked to race late and also for guys who liked to race earlier in the time slots on Saturday nights.

Old days times: Cup 11pm. NBS 9pm. That way you have the best of both worlds in the same evening. Use to also get a bunch of guys on IRF before the races to chat it up a bit, and get them practicing on the server. Now those were the days!! :mrgreen

Also used to be all three series... Miss that a lot :( Good times!
CTS Sat @ 9p
Cup Sat @ 11p
NBS Sun @ 9p
Or some combination like that...

The 15 mins is a lot for me! :)

I definitely understand your side though Dave, no argument. For me I race Friday sometimes into midnight and have to be up for 5am the next morning as I work Saturdays which is why I dont always race NBS. I greatly enjoy the 11pm race time as everyone else is in bed at home and I can focus on the race. :)

Driver counts have dropped with the earlier times, and also for the WRS series. Bover barley makes the earlier times and shows up just in time often.

I know people hate talking about other leagues times but earlier times would be difficult on Fridays due to LCHRL @ 10p where 3-8 drivers race both leagues. Saturday my new league (ARL) is planning a 9pm Saturday start in July. So everyone tries to move around and make it work. I would be very sad to loose 11pm (or 10:45p) Saturday races as its a staple in my life sense I was in High School (or maybe 7/8th grade not sure). A long time, lost of memories and great people (even those that used to want me banned in the early days, Sorry ;))

Blabbering Complete, lol
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

DusterLag wrote:

CTS Sat @ 9p
Cup Sat @ 11p
NBS Sun @ 9p
Or some combination like that...

The 15 mins is a lot for me! :)

I definitely understand your side though Dave, no argument. For me I race Friday sometimes into midnight and have to be up for 5am the next morning as I work Saturdays which is why I dont always race NBS. I greatly enjoy the 11pm race time as everyone else is in bed at home and I can focus on the race. :)

Driver counts have dropped with the earlier times, and also for the WRS series. Bover barley makes the earlier times and shows up just in time often.

I know people hate talking about other leagues times but earlier times would be difficult on Fridays due to LCHRL @ 10p where 3-8 drivers race both leagues. Saturday my new league (ARL) is planning a 9pm Saturday start in July. So everyone tries to move around and make it work. I would be very sad to loose 11pm (or 10:45p) Saturday races as its a staple in my life sense I was in High School (or maybe 7/8th grade not sure). A long time, lost of memories and great people (even those that used to want me banned in the early days, Sorry ;))

Blabbering Complete, lol
Yea I get what you mean. Especially with Bover. But also think of the guys who would really enjoy maybe running in 1 NHRL main series that was raced a bit earlier. That's why I had stated keeping Bov's cup mod at the normal time. ;) In the old days if I remember correctly Bover had always raced Cup more then NBS, but I could be wrong.
Also Duster with a little planning with your new league that starts in July and ends by the end of the year. Cup and NBS wouldn't start until January, so maybe between NHRL and ARL you could still have the best of both worlds, if you and LP could work together on that. ;) So in essence it wouldn't conflict if your new league ran it's series from July to whatever. ;) I'm mainly talking about the NBS and Cup Series. CTS they can keep running it how they have been. ;)
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

DusterLag wrote:

CTS Sat @ 9p
Cup Sat @ 11p
NBS Sun @ 9p
I'd do 9pm races 8) anything after 10pm though I'm barely awake for :laughing , I'm surprised I make it thru some of the LCHRL races without nodding off :laughing
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

I personally don't care for having 3 series at the same time. Keep it at 10:45 imo, and start the race itself at 11, this way stragglers can come in.
imo, the 10 driver rule should be removed because you guys just get ringers anyways, maybe lower it to 7-8 driver minimum. The lack of drivers here is more or less due to time and the fact that many people see it as only the elite may race. There are plenty of drivers at themodsquad who have the potential to drive safely
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

mustangman759 wrote:and the fact that many people see it as only the elite may race.
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
LOL
In Reef we trust.
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

="mustangman759"the fact that many people see it as only the elite may race.
You cannot be serious? That is complete b/s. :evil I have spent more time this past season practicing online, then in years past. I never cared a rats ass what a drivers skill level was, I have gone totally out of my way to help anyone who showed up for practice. Myself and Lepage even hosted NHRL Racing Practice sessions that were open to anyone to come join us and ask us anything to improve their driving techniques, strategies, and setups.. Anyone is welcome to race here. Lepage and the Admins here at NHRL should be praised for what they have given to the entire heat community. We all give back to community in different ways. Some spend there money to keep leagues, servers, spend there personal time, reviewing races. Others build tracks, mods. Some race in every league in the community. We all in our own way try to help out..
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

I'm going to have to agree with the controversial point Mustangman has made in this post. :shocked

I have the pleasure of knowing people from all over the community from new members, old members, young and ect. and the NHRL does have an "Elite" stereotype. Now I know, as many others do, that this is not true. I have heard this exact statement and comment from several members, even a veteran community member who is not currently racing here just a few days ago. I immediately informed this driver, corrected them and encourage them to join the league and run some races explaining that this is only an old stereotype as I always do. I can assure you that this feeling does exist in several members.

:)
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

DusterLag wrote:I'm going to have to agree with the controversial point Mustangman has made in this post. :shocked

I have the pleasure of knowing people from all over the community from new members, old members, young and ect. and the NHRL does have an "Elite" stereotype. Now I know, as many others do, that this is not true. I have heard this exact statement and comment from several members, even a veteran community member who is not currently racing here just a few days ago. I immediately informed this driver, corrected them and encourage them to join the league and run some races explaining that this is only an old stereotype as I always do. I can assure you that this feeling does exist in several members.

:)
Maybe I don't know everything. I just enjoy racing and helping people. I don't know... But anyhow I haven't competed in NHRL for several years just the last season I've raced, and I've had a shitload of fun racing. You know the guy who I practiced with the most is a good buddy of both of ours Duster. And that's Grumpy. So I don't know where I fit in with this old sterotype of stuff. I'm just me.. ;)
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Trust me, I no where near disagree with what mustang posted. To have the this league labeled as being "elite" is just completely false. Some better drivers may (formally) frequent here more often, but what I get from something being called elite is impossible to get into, impossible to get started in, etc. What people fail to understand then, is the only time Lepage has turned someone away was when the driver had the wrong Darlington track. My laughter was more at people not even attempting to compete here, and creating assumptions with no grounding.
In Reef we trust.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Well it is true... I pushed Trev into giving it a go. He did alot better than me when I started. Ftr I had that exact same sterotype when I first joined here. Another thing the NHRL could do would be putting posters and advertisements up at the various aites and communities-which helpa.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

I agree with mustang, alot of guys have given up hope because they dont have the time to create setups. That being said, wrs pls :p
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

Bmxtwins wrote:I agree with mustang, alot of guys have given up hope because they dont have the time to create setups. That being said, wrs pls :p
No need to create setups when there's great ones available @ the NHRL site ;) I used one of Lepage's setups to win Sears Point last Sunday. Just have to take the time to learn how to drive them but that's alot shorter than creating one yourself.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Spike wrote:
Bmxtwins wrote:I agree with mustang, alot of guys have given up hope because they dont have the time to create setups. That being said, wrs pls :p
No need to create setups when there's great ones available @ the NHRL site ;) I used one of Lepage's setups to win Sears Point last Sunday. Just have to take the time to learn how to drive them but that's alot shorter than creating one yourself.
Trust me, there was more you can squeeze out of that car. Just took patch putting me into the wall :D
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

mustangman759 wrote:
Spike wrote:
Trust me, there was more you can squeeze out of that car. Just took patch putting me into the wall :D
No doubt about that :laughing , Sears Point is not one of my better tracks. It's one of my least favorite road courses. I just hit my marks & avoided damaging the car.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

DaveO wrote:
="mustangman759"the fact that many people see it as only the elite may race.
You cannot be serious? That is complete b/s. :evil I have spent more time this past season practicing online, then in years past. I never cared a rats ass what a drivers skill level was, I have gone totally out of my way to help anyone who showed up for practice. Myself and Lepage even hosted NHRL Racing Practice sessions that were open to anyone to come join us and ask us anything to improve their driving techniques, strategies, and setups.
And very few guys showed up to take advantage of their offer for help , besides Grumpy , Tbone,Blackknight, and myself. You know who the guys are that did'nt practice prior to race night? They are the same ones asking "how many laps is this race?" or "anyone got a decent setup i can use"?

Anyway, as far as race start times, i'm the only current ,full time driver out on the westcoast, and since i am usually in from work by 8pm EST (5pm my time in the summer, 6pm my time in the winter), I have no problem with an earlier starting time. ANywhere from 9:30pm EST on up!

I agree with the Idea of advertising The NHRL league thru more links etc. Would be good for the league and keep Heat ongoing.I hope to be racing
Heat another 10 plus years if posssible. If i can keep myself from blowing a gasket and intentionally wrecking every single one of you ******* during a race!!!! LMAO :twisted
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

This is an interesting discussion. I'm sure we can implement some of these ideas.

As far as next season, I'd like to launch a series of polls and start a few discussions soon. Looking ahead, we'll be starting CTS around the same time as last season, perhaps a little earlier. As we've mentioned, we'd also like to host another short track series, but the schedule for that will depend on the completion of bover's new mod. In the short term, though, I'm going to be announcing a couple of special races, which should be a fun change of pace.

I don't disagree with the concept of spreading the word better. Obviously, we've never discouraged anyone from competing. However, if some potential members aren't here because they have misperceptions or fears, then that's certainly something we should rectify. For the administrators, one problem related to this is our time constraints. Most of the time, we have to prioritize certain activities (website updates, replay reviews, member discussions) over advertising the league, actively recruiting drivers, and other extracurricular stuff. We could use some assistance in those areas.

We can take the lead in developing advertising content to share. But if we can get league members to post news in forums, spread the word in servers, recommend the league to others, and answer questions from drivers, then that would make our job a lot easier.