Strange..

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Strange..

Post by SpeedyExiter »

and , I'll add ..a bit unsettling.

Here's the deal! I was having a problem with the built in game port on this computer ,that i've never used ,since I've always used the USB connections for all my game controllers, wheel, etc. So,I''ve always had the gameport "disabled" in the Bios settings. So Today ,decided to search around again and typed in "live search" 'WHY DOES Standard gameport insatll 2instancesof itself in devicemanger?..(Notice the spelling,,LOL..i was in a hurry and mistyped and crammed some words together) anyway, I clicked on a link in the search results and it took me to this URL .Now,. Look in the blue lettered font in the middle of the screen capture i took! related post! there's exactly what i typed in the LIVE Search box on my internet explorer HOME page!! Misspelled and crammed to gether just like my inquiry!
HEY wait a minute, that is my inquiry, only it was NOT a POST like it claimed.HOW did that get there on that url's page ? That site or Live search is recording my keystrokes and giving them to post b4 i even get there!! Not a good thing as far as i'm concerned! any take on this? Just wondering if anone has ever noticed this kind of crap??? Edit: IT was BING, not LIVE search, sorry Live search.!
very strangeshit.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DusterLag
League Member

Re: Strange..

Post by DusterLag »

Bing and Live are the same thing anyway.

But if your concerned about privacy, your only scratching the surface lol. Thats nothing, every site tracks you and in most insistence can track you from site to site. Simply part of the internet, even if someone isn't trying, its always there.

Although I would start with not using an old version of IE.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

DusterLag wrote:Although I would start with not using IE.
Fixed that up for you. :meanlaughter

:mrgreen
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Bubba wrote:
DusterLag wrote:Although I would start with not using IE.
Fixed that up for you. :meanlaughter

:mrgreen
LOL, well IE9 made huge strives and isn't all too bad, but yes other options are good to consider based on personal taste such as Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, ect ect...
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver