What is the best OS?

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Rookiesrock
League Member

What is the best OS?

Post by Rookiesrock »

I'm replacing my Motherboard and Hard drive. Should i reload XP or purchase another OS? Comments please.
Hammer
League Member

Re: What is the best OS?

Post by Hammer »

I honestly really like windows 7, and have only had minor issues such as saving replays (which has been solved) with 7.

Just don't get anything associated with vista.
In Reef we trust.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i love the XP
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Hammer wrote:I honestly really like windows 7, and have only had minor issues such as saving replays (which has been solved) with 7.

+1, windows XP is good if your a total noob. Vista sucks for everything and I personally love Windows 7 once you fix any errors for heat
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Windows 7 definitely, it has no issues with Heat if you know basic windows file structure or can read the guide on HF. :)
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

DusterLag wrote:Windows 7 definitely, it has no issues with Heat if you know basic windows file structure or can read the guide on HF. :)
thats what i ment :p
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

mustangman759 wrote:
Hammer wrote:I honestly really like windows 7, and have only had minor issues such as saving replays (which has been solved) with 7.

+1, windows XP is good if your a total noob. Vista sucks for everything and I personally love Windows 7 once you fix any errors for heat
So your callin' Rook a "total Noob" cause he has or may have had Xp?.So if I decide to wait for the next O.S. that comes out , which will probably be much better than Win7, that would qualify you,
Mustang, as a "total noob" ..BOY , can't wait! lol :meanlaughter
BlackKnight
League Member

Post by BlackKnight »

I love my window's 7 since I had help lerning how to set it up for heat ( thanks Duster ) but it mostly depends on what you like the only bad thing with XP is they will probably stop up dating it soon......
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

SpeedyExiter wrote:
mustangman759 wrote:

So your callin' Rook a "total Noob" cause he has or may have had Xp?.So if I decide to wait for the next O.S. that comes out , which will probably be much better than Win7, that would qualify you,
Mustang, as a "total noob" ..BOY , can't wait! lol :meanlaughter
I think we know what I meant , (technologically incompetent) Rook is more competent than most when it comes to PCs probably and would catch on easily. :P noobs like you :trollface
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

I haven't gamed with 7, but I switched from XP to 7 at work. Seems pretty seemless between them, and I enjoy some of the new features. Remember back in the day Rook, I ran ME for a long time while you all tested XP. I just can't see spending the money when I already got an OS that works.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I agree with that ,Groverhardt! Especially ,since Microsoft seems to like to introduce new operating systems to the public when they haven't even finished working out all the kinks in them yet, literally leaving John Q. Public to do it for them. I also used Win ME up until the middle of 2010.The frame rates including poly and ktris rates when running Nascar Heat were much higher than they currently are using Xp. ( with the same computer and video card )