NBS

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
outlaw
Forum Member

NBS

Post by outlaw »

installed the NBS mod into my nascar heal folder and its not showing up in the heat folder, trying to add an car file, cannt find the NBS folder to do so
>>>>>>>>>>>
Bubba
Forum Member

Re: NBS

Post by Bubba »

Outlaw,

Where do you have Heat itself installed? Give us the full path you have installed Heat to please.

Also, do you have a Program Files (x86) folder in Windows 7?

It sounds like you just don't have Heat set up properly with all the issues you keep having. We can help, but we just need to know more than "it won't work"... if you know what I mean. ;)
outlaw
Forum Member

Post by outlaw »

I have nascar heat in my c:/program files/hasbro interactive..... I don't have the program files(x86) files in my computer, I have ICH installed and its working fine.... I have win 7 32 bit system installed....
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

OK... cool. Just making sure it was right. Not having it in the right place is a major issue most of the time, so I'm glad to see you have it on C drive in the default location, because if you had it on another hard drive or in another spot, it would continue giving you problems.

Now, the NBS mod comes in a .zip file which you'd have to extract. So unzip that and then right click on the .exe it unpacked and see if you can run the .exe as an administrator (right click nbs.exe then "Run As" and go to Administrator)

You may have to end up doing this with all Heat installs you run across, since most of the installs are older than Windows 7.

Then fire up that install and just keep clicking Next... it will install it exactly where it needs to go on its own.

It may tell you "the destination directory doesn't exist" and "Do you want it to be created?" so click Yes and let it do its thing... all the way through.

Then it should have created a folder in heat with the mod.... with this path:

C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\Nascar Heat\nbs

Find your lch folder for the Legends cars, and copy the "options.cfg" from it and put it in the new nbs mod folder.

If you are using Mod Launcher 2 to launch the mods, you will need to have an options.cfg in the mod folders, as that is an important file that ML2 has to read to find the mods (along with the mod.cfg, but nbs has that already).

You may also want to go into the nbs folder and right click the "nbs.exe" in there too, and run it as an administrator too... just in case.

Let us know how that goes... but it should get you going.

Just remember how you did all that, and most mods and Heat installs you run across from then on would have to be done in a similar way. :smiling
wheide1823
Forum Member

Post by wheide1823 »

can I take my car files from N2K3 and put them into my NBS car files and make them work???? the car from 2003 nascar is a BGN car file?
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

wheide1823 wrote:can I take my car files from N2K3 and put them into my NBS car files and make them work???? the car from 2003 nascar is a BGN car file?
No... no way that is possible whatsoever.

It is two totally different games made by two totally different companies, and any names of files that may look the same are purely coincidental.

Nascar Heat paintjobs are .tex files and packed into a paint.res file or loosely in a mod's folder, whereas a NR2003 paintjob is packed into a .car file along with a pitcrew texture and just stuck into a "cars" folder inside that game.

A .car file in Nascar Heat actually contains the 3D models and LODs and physics and that kind of stuff.

Totally different templates and everything... so if you are used to NR2003, you need to get that whole thing out of your mind when messing with Heat, since they are totally different from each other.
wheide1823
Forum Member

Post by wheide1823 »

can I send to someone and have it converted to an txt file and make it work?????
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

It is called a .tex file which stands for texture. A paintjob is a texture in any games.

A .txt is for text, like in a book or what you are reading here.... typed out words.

And no, any paints from NR2003 in any type of mod for that game, will not work for the NBS mod here. As I said before, two totally different templates are used.

You would have to have your car totally remade again onto the NBS templates, then that person who does that can convert it to a .tex file for you to use with this mod.

The only mod your paintjob may be compatible with in Heat might be the NR2k3 to Heat mod found here:

http://www.themodsquad.info/downloads/NR2k3/NR2k3.html

But that is not the same one used for the NBS mod here at NHRL.

The NBS cars look like this and are totally different 3D models for Heat based off the original game models:

http://www.nascarheatracingleague.com/i ... p?series=2

Like I said, you will want to get your mind off NR2003 when dealing with most of the Heat stuff. Very few Nascar Heat mods use NR2003 car models.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Bubba your patience is incredible. =D>
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Rookiesrock wrote:Bubba your patience is incredible. =D>
I would have given up after he changed accounts on me :laughing
@ray, did you intentionally make the WRS cars ver similiar to the NR2k3 default car model? or did it just happen that way?
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Hey guys... I do believe it is a father and son. :smiling

As far as WRS, that is a NR2002 car model that was heavily edited to look like it does. ;)