Potential WRS Tracks

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

Potential WRS Tracks

Post by lepage71 »

Hey guys, in addition to the derby event (details soon), we're possibly launching a WRS Series this summer. If so, most of the races would be on short tracks never used in the league before. The format would also be different, as we're considering 4 nights of doubleheader races (8 races total). Each race would be about 50% of the usual CUP, NBS, and CTS lengths. After some initial testing, we've narrowed down the potential list of courses.

Would everyone mind briefly testing these online? These are likely (not final) tracks and we'd like to avoid any unexpected bugs. For scheduling purposes, we could also use a rough idea of lap times. I also think the creation of some starter setups would help get this going.

Ace
Black Creek
Cayuga
Concord
DuQuoin AR
Limerock 04
Nashville NW
Rebel Raceway
DusterLag
League Member

Re: Potential WRS Tracks

Post by DusterLag »

All great big fan of the first 4, but I would replace Nashville NW with Smokes NashvilleFG or NashvilleFGnite (http://www.heatfinder.net/news.php?a=197)

Happy to help testing, when?
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Thanks for the quick comments. Basically, this is open testing, anytime, anywhere. I encourage everyone to unofficially organize some sessions. Any feedback we can get about these (or other) tracks would be great. One thing I should mention, however, is that there has to be a working pit road, with large enough stalls, and the racing surface itself cannot be a problem either.

We've tested most of the Mod Squad short tracks and these represent the "passing" ones. But others might exist.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

lepage71 wrote:Thanks for the quick comments. Basically, this is open testing, anytime, anywhere. I encourage everyone to unofficially organize some sessions. Any feedback we can get about these (or other) tracks would be great. One thing I should mention, however, is that there has to be a working pit road, with large enough stalls, and the racing surface itself cannot be a problem either.

We've tested most of the Mod Squad short tracks and these represents the "passing" tracks. But others might exist.
Ace, Black Creek, Cayuga and Concord have been run in LCHRL with no problems.

I don't know about Limerock04 online but Limerock T has been run @ LCHRL & Speedsims with no problems.

Smokes new Nashville track was run @ SpeedSims and had some glitches that he fixed and it now runs online good. (Orig Release "Nashville1970" fixed release "NashvilleFG")

Not sure about the other online.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I believe Limerock 04 is Limerock T with nicer textures. We think it would be a fun "short road course" (to coin a term).

Also, we'll add those other Nashvilles to the server.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Don't forget the new Milwaukee Mile (day and night versions) from Smoke also.

http://www.themodsquad.info/modules.php ... pic&t=3921

Good short track style track there, along with his new Nashville versions as well.

As for the new Nashville tracks, there is a 1970 version:

http://www.themodsquad.info/modules.php ... pic&t=3838

And the newer Fairgrounds versions are like how it was in the 80's and 90's... and we may end up seeing a Music City Motorplex (2000's version) as well later on.

Glad to see Smoke making some cool new short trakcs for us after all those years he's been making road courses. :happy
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

lepage71 wrote:I believe Limerock 04 is Limerock T with nicer textures. We think it would be a fun "short road course" (to coin a term).
Yes, that was all I did was make some better textures for Lime Rock. It is an easy to learn road course... about a mile and half long, give or take a little bit. Probably the easiest road course there is in Heat.
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

DusterLag wrote:Smokes new Nashville track was run @ SpeedSims and had some glitches that he fixed and it now runs online good. (Orig Release "Nashville1970" fixed release "NashvilleFG")
I think the main glitch the 1970 Nashville version had was the "car1.tex" being used for an infield object, so any user with a #1 car would see the infield object texture on his car, instead of the actual paintjob.

If no one ran a #1 (car1.tex) then it would be fine.

That was the only major thing I noticed with it, but not sure what they found aside from that that needed fixing. The "Fairgrounds" versions have more eyecandy than the 1970 version though. Same basic tracks though with all three versions for Nashville.

That other Nashville_NW was a cookie cutter (based off Kansas or Chicagoland) with new textures... so it is one of those 1.5 milers.... just in case anyone was wondering. It is supposed to be the new Nashville Superspeedway that Nationwide and Trucks run at now, which replaced the old short track.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

NorthWilks
Martinsville
Rockingham
New Nashville (night)
New Milwaukee (night)
IRP (night)

Honestly having a series with all night races would add to the feel of a Saturday night shootout.
In Reef we trust.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Easton wrote:Honestly having a series with all night races would add to the feel of a Saturday night shootout.
Agree with night!
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Limerock :meanlaughter home track advantage.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

i handed a few sets to LP. Here's a cayuga and limerock one for now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

what will the "Wear" be set at in this series? 3x or 4x? or... :mrgreen .
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Yea, "The Bov" brought that to our attention when the track was first released about the car1.tex glitch. The new NashvilleFG was updated with the fix and released at the same time as his Nashvile night track. I just updated our tracks downloads page just now with all of Smokes new tracks. 8) His Milwaukee Mile and Milwaukee Night tracks work perfectly for online use, they have been privately tested a while back.

Visit http://speedsims.net/htracks.html to get Smokes latest tracks.

Smoke is back to developing some new tracks for all of us as I post this, and I can say, it will be a huge hit thru out the entire community.
That's about all I can say on that topic, I'll let him be the one to tell you more about it in the future.

cya's
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

SpeedyExiter wrote:what will the "Wear" be set at in this series? 3x or 4x? or... :mrgreen .
imho, 2 or 3x is plenty 4x might be a bit much and 3x is probably the best.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Richmond
Derry
Nashville Night
Milwaukee Night
IRP
Jennerstown
North Wilks
marty
=
good season.

I would really just love to see the two newest tracks Milwaukee and Nashville. The detail and fun on these two tracks is amazing. The pitting at these tracks isn't bad at all. With practice and signaling there shouldn't be any issues.
In Reef we trust.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

agreed with the new nasville and milwaukee mile night tracks.

Easton and I also tested North wilkesboro night with these, and we had that dreaded grid issue again. I wish a final version of this track would come out.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

imo:

Limerock, Cayuga, Nashville, Miluakee, Duqoin, Ace, Wilks, and then maybe throw Dayton2 in there for something fun.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Easton wrote:Richmond
Derry
Nashville Night
Milwaukee Night
IRP
Jennerstown
North Wilks
marty
=
good season.

I would really just love to see the two newest tracks Milwaukee and Nashville. The detail and fun on these two tracks is amazing. The pitting at these tracks isn't bad at all. With practice and signaling there shouldn't be any issues.
You can add north point to my list.
In Reef we trust.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Here's an updated list after a few laps with bov and reef.

North Point T
North Wilks
Milwaukeenight
NashvilleFGnite
Jennerstown
Derry
IRP
In Reef we trust.