Psp9 saving help..

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about painting topics.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Psp9 saving help..

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Hey guys I posted this on The Mod Squad as well as here.
I am using psp9. I can not save the car paint as a .tga . This is what I do:
1. Paint the car
2. Merge (flatten all)now all my layers become one that says backround
3.Select the "save as" option
4.name file as car596
5."save as type" I select "Truevision Targa (.tga)
6. it is 24 bit uncompressed
7.hit save to my desktop and I get this
"Because of the limitations of the specified file format only one alpja channel will be saved"

can some one please tell me what I am doing wrong!!
Thanks in advance for your time
Jess 96
bmxtwins
League Member

Re: Psp9 saving help..

Post by bmxtwins »

Hit yes, gives me the same message on PSP7

An alpha channel is basically transparency, and TGA doesn't allow for those (I think), besides who would want to see your roll bar anyways
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Bmxtwins wrote:Hit yes, gives me the same message on PSP7

An alpha channel is basically transparency, and TGA doesn't allow for those (I think), besides who would want to see your roll bar anyways
Check out "my" roll bars and the floor of my new Tru-Blood Cup car while your in the game.And the Shark fin too.It does make it interesting,when u experiment with diff angles and designs.I didnt this time but try using a bright florescent off- Blue color or even flourescent Lime green
on the interior color,and you'd be amazed at how it looks as someone sees you "GLOW" on by them as u pass! As a matter of fact,I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to figure how to get the file that redefines the actual underbelly (Racelinecentral has an update version)of the car with ..say .a flourescent blue paint that would reflect somewhat off the asphalt .Like U see on the street rods?I may be wrong,but it could be worth a shot.Reminds me BTW....My nephew and I made a custom bicycle that has tribal designs cut in strategic places thruout the aluminum frame and has low purplish or blacklight-like mini-lights inserted and mounted inside the frame ,(and NO.. it doesnt have dumb lights on the spokes or rims dat go roun' an roun' like a clowns bike at the circus) It looks pretty dam cool ,especially as it crosses in front of you at night in the dark! Can see it way better than when someone just has a headlight or stupid blinking red tail light in back. Its getting some raised eyebrow action and questions we had about the frame durability have been answered from a few custom bikers and now is getting attention everytime he's been to any night events.I'll get a pic of it at night when i see the rascal again!
:mrgreen...( Pat pending) :evil ;)
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Jess that is just a message for psp telling you the limitations of a .tga file. like was said before, just hit yes, or ok.

Also, a tga does support transparency, but it's not needed in a car paint anyway, so don't even worry about it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Thanks for the quick responce guys. Works now. Im not good at it but I keep hearing that the more you do the better you get. :happy
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

jesse rathbun wrote:Thanks for the quick responce guys. Works now. Im not good at it but I keep hearing that the more you do the better you get. :happy
thats pretty much true. ;)
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Bover has been telling me I'm getting better at painting each time I do a new one, so i think there is some substance to it.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Each of us gets better or learns something new with each car we paint. Just the way it works....
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image