Problem with the Drivers file

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Ramrock47
League Member

Problem with the Drivers file

Post by Ramrock47 »

in the nhrl11 folder, it will not let me make changes to the names and numbers so that I can put my car in the game.
Ramrock47
Reef
League Member

Re: Problem with the Drivers file

Post by Reef »

Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Gotta be more descriptive. Is it not letting you save? Is it saving but switching back? Is it saving but not showing in game?
In Reef we trust.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I've edited it multiple times, and had no problems. Like Easton said, give us more details, and also, post the contents of ur drivers.txt here between code tags, or attatch it in a zip.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Ram..look at PM I sent you.It takes less then 30 seconds to do it ,but takes much longer to explain or type it..lol.Yes, Nhrl should have a tutorial outlining
these type of things.Save everyone a lot of time
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Yes, we should, Speedy. Problem is, that none of the admins that I know of run Win7, much less Win7-64. What we need is for someone who's figured it out, to gather all the information, Then Post it in here, and when verified that it's correct and works, we can pin it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

The suggestion that has been given to those using win7 to "Run as Administrator" would not work as you are not trying to run the file, but edit it.
ok..the way Microsoft intended for you to be able to edit these files is to open your texteditor (e.g. notepad) "As Administrator", then open the file you want to edit from the file menu. You are then able to edit and save the file. My girl friend has win7 and it works this way.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Another way is you give your windows user account full access to the entire NASCAR Heat folder via (Right Clicking the folder, selecting Properties, selecting the Security tab, clicking edit/manage permissions, clicking add, typing your windows user account name into the box, clicking check names, click ok, checking the Full Access/Privileges box, clicking Apply and OK.

This will save you from having to do everything as administrator.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

DusterLag wrote:Another way is you give your windows user account full access to the entire NASCAR Heat folder via (Right Clicking the folder, selecting Properties, selecting the Security tab, clicking edit/manage permissions, clicking add, typing your windows user account name into the box, clicking check names, click ok, checking the Full Access/Privileges box, clicking Apply and OK.

This will save you from having to do everything as administrator.
Thank you Duster,...that was the tickit,.. :twothumbsup I now have full access to the nascar heat folder,..you are the man,..thanks bud 8)
Ramrock47
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Reef wrote:.
Hey Reef,...if your suggjusting that thats my brain size your absulutly correct when it comes to computers :banginghead
Ramrock47
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Russ, I think your brain is at least slightly bigger than a . lol... Anyway, I think your biggest problem is that you're making this more difficult than it is, then you get frustrated, and say "Screw it!". Calm down, and take things one thing at a time.

Duster's last suggestion seems to be the easiest, most comprehensive way to get around all of these problems.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image