CTS Bristol

Post, recap, and debate unofficial results from recent league races.
Rookiesrock
League Member

CTS Bristol

Post by Rookiesrock »

RACE RESULTS

Track: Bristol
Laps: 170
Realism: Hardcore
AI Strength: Medium
Rules: Black

Pos Car Driver Result Best Lap Laps Led
=================================================================
1 333 Rookiesrock 44:34.911 15.128 68
2 871 lepage71 +15.179 15.082 95
3 252 d3efan +2L 15.170 7
4 86 retroracer +3L 15.132 0
5 753 bover907 +3L 15.242 0
6 401 DusterLag +3L 15.132 0
7 24 TheMrMet +4L 15.194 0
8 88 hawkseye05 +4L 15.152 0
9 20 PParady +6L 15.376 0
10 922 Hammer +9L 15.149 0
11 223 Wild Child DNF 15.189 0
12 247 Ramrock47 DNF 15.165 0
13 208 SRM_bullet DNF 15.626 0
14 179 Speedyexite DNF 15.385 0
:dancingbanana :dancingbanana2 :dancingbanana3 :dancingbanana4 :dancingbananas
bover907
League Administrator

Re: CTS Bristol

Post by bover907 »

Good win rook. Good race, Retro, Met and Duster.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

Thanks Bover,my favorite race track by far.If Speedy hadn't sent me home with my tail between my legs Friday night I would have been way off,sent me back to the drawing board for sure Saturday evening.Shows how important attending practice really is !! Sometimes you're not as good as you think you are.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

sorry SMR for the slam in the back on the turn good race every one
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Here is the replay if anyone wants it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DSSProdDirector
Provisional Member

Post by DSSProdDirector »

bover907 wrote:Good win rook. Good race, Retro, Met and Duster.
Thanks Bover that mistake i did costed our battle.
__|
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
SRM_BULLET
League Member

Post by SRM_BULLET »

its cool tjwild. i was more concerned with the warping my truck was doing.. thats why i quit the race.. i dident whant to mess up any ones night... :smiling congrads on the win rook.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Good win,Rook! I quit when i was in 7th place because it seemed I was experiencing lag! This is the only server of all nh servers that causes me problems! Why is that? Its also amazing how the "good" drivers seem to have no problems passing,with or without warp, and the rest just slam bang into you with no care in the world>Even one of your TEAMMATES.(which I will say now, had little to do with any warping or lag.I felt it was an impatient manuever then,and after watching Bover's replay, reinforced my feelings.(not even an apology)When i pitted (my 2nd and last pit stop ,on lap 114, all was good.Then chaos ensued.Yes,I chatted my displeasure during the race! I am curious if any one will be penalized for this race, besides me of course! I had a good setup and was confident things would go good.
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

I liked how everybody seemed to go into "ride" mode with about 20 to go,lol,lap times kept getting slower and slower.Seem like everybody knew the only way they could lose a position would be by a self inflicted mistake.Myself I started doubting my mathematical skills and wasn't sure I was going to make it on fuel.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
pparady
League Member

Post by pparady »

Good racing guys...really want to mention hawks racing...your were very patient and some really clean driving at times when u could of put the chrome horn to me...fast too...good racing man
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Agreed, Paraday. Hawk and Met (the two rookies) appeared to run respectable, clean races at a small, high-traffic track. Speedy, I didn't watch the replay yet, but late in the race, it appears I passed you with like 3 car widths between our trucks, and it looked like your truck went flying from a phantom hit.

As for this being the only NH server that you experience so much lag on, I can only explain it by extra hops between your's and the NHRL's geographic locations? It's just one of those things you hope the internet fixes by itself.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DSSProdDirector
Provisional Member

Post by DSSProdDirector »

bover907 wrote:Agreed, Paraday. Hawk and Met (the two rookies) appeared to run respectable, clean races at a small, high-traffic track. Speedy, I didn't watch the replay yet, but late in the race, it appears I passed you with like 3 car widths between our trucks, and it looked like your truck went flying from a phantom hit.

As for this being the only NH server that you experience so much lag on, I can only explain it by extra hops between your's and the NHRL's geographic locations? It's just one of those things you hope the internet fixes by itself.
Since i came back i've had lots of seat time.My lines are still getting better to this day!
__|
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

Great 3rd and 5th place....and you other guys among them. :meanlaughter FEEL THE THUNDER!
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

And the thunder rolls! Good win Rook, a change to fuel strategy mid-race. Hard to beat that.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

SpeedyExiter wrote: Why is that? Its also amazing how the "good" drivers seem to have no problems passing,with or without warp, and the rest just slam bang into you with no care in the world>Even one of your TEAMMATES.(which I will say now, had little to do with any warping or lag.I felt it was an impatient manuever then
After having someone spin out in front of me on lap 8, someone run out of gas in front of me, and someone spin out in the pits in front of me after I'm going to throw patience out the window, no matter who the hell is in front of me (except for rookie, he'd just get crashed either way). So I hit the apron and you came spinning bye (you never hit my truck, no contact sound was ever made). Then I boot you out of the way because you literally stopped just passed the start finish line like you were trying to brake check me, and no I'm not making any accusations. Your lag had a very big thing to do with it.
In Reef we trust.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

bover907 wrote:Agreed, Paraday. Hawk and Met (the two rookies) appeared to run respectable, clean races at a small, high-traffic track. Speedy, I didn't watch the replay yet, but late in the race, it appears I passed you with like 3 car widths between our trucks, and it looked like your truck went flying from a phantom hit.

Well heres my two cents,..I was experiencing lag and warp,..all the other trucks where hoping up and down like jack rabbits and I saw a few trucks warping all over the place,..I cant race under those conditions so I parked it in my pit stall and just sat there. The only time I have that problem is when we run the race and there are between 16 and 20 drivers in the server,..I dont have that problem dureing the week when we practice because there arent that many drivers in there,..so I tend to beleive that it could be the server.
Ramrock47
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Ramrock47 wrote:The only time I have that problem is when we run the race and there are between 16 and 20 drivers in the server,..I dont have that problem dureing the week when we practice because there arent that many drivers in there,..so I tend to beleive that it could be the server.
It can't be the server. If it was the server, we'd all be seeing warp. the only two people who were warping was Yourself and Speedy, As had been the case since DavisV quit racing from Great Britian. (you two guys' warp are worse than his was, btw)

It either has to do with general internet conditions somwhere between The Rockies, and the East coast, or something on either of your ends. I think it is just internet bottlenecking, but I can't be sure. Only you guys can check it out on your end. It's also possible that something in your own neighborhood or own house (your's or other computers in your house). If everyone else experiences a good connection, except for one or two people, it's BETWEEN their computer and the server. NOT the server.

Something one of both of you could try, is making sure Vertex Damage is set to NO on your options.cfg file. Reason I bring this up, is because vertex damage, places a very high processor load on a computer, which believe it or not, can affect internet performance, which may explain why you only start experiencing warp at later stages in the race, as more and more damage throughout the field starts to pile up. It's worth a try if you have it set to on, to turn it off. It's not necessary on a mod with a damage model already made, anyway.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

bover907 wrote: It either has to do with general internet conditions somwhere between The Rockies, and the East coast
frikin mountains
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Reef wrote:frikin mountains
It may very well, be. Hopefully that's NOT the case, becaue if it is, neither Russ, Speedy, Nor Lepage can do anything about it. One day Speedy did a traceroute from AZ to Vermont, and the hops went from AZ, to Texas, then to Chicago, then worked to Vergina, and up the East Coast to Vermont. That's probably the large part of it, so all speedy and Russ can do is try to improve everything within their control on their end, and hope for the best.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Well I'v done everyting that I know to do and that I have been advised to do,..with the exseption of the router and SRM running at the same time.
Ramrock47