In honor of my bitter rivial....

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Hammer
League Member

In honor of my bitter rivial....

Post by Hammer »

I will be running the number 22 CAT CAR in NASR's next series. Unfortunately I will have to remove a bind or two from ventrillo. However since I am running in a CAT car, it means I must take up the driver style of the creator so be prepared for acts of slow driving, far too early pit stops, and ultra high socks.
In Reef we trust.
d3efan
League Administrator

Re: In honor of my bitter rivial....

Post by d3efan »

Look at that cat car! Do us proud man. And get ya a pair of those crew socks! I do push them down while wearing shoes, us old folks like to do that stuff lol.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

A Mexican, who speaks no English, comes to the USA. As is often the case, he finds that he needs new socks. So, he walks into a clothing store, and manages to convey to the clerk that he needs something, but not what.
So, the clerk starts taking down boxes and showing what's inside to the Mexican. He shows him a shirt, some pants, a tie, a hat, but each time the Mexican shakes his head and says "No."
Finally, the clerk brings down a box of socks and shows them to the Mexican. The Mexican starts nodding vigorously and says "¡Eso sí que es!"
The clerk angrily blurts out, "Well why didn't you just spell it in the first place?!"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Secret to dan's success.........
http://www.norwichbulletin.com/lifestyl ... -the-SOCKS
Henderson
League Member

Post by Henderson »

SpeedyExiter wrote:"¡Eso sí que es!"
The above quote means: That really is!

I think you have the wrong wording... What were you trying to use?
Graphic Design Major at the Art Institute of Charlotte.
Personal Facebook | Schemes Facebook
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

McMurray wrote:
SpeedyExiter wrote:"¡Eso sí que es!"
The above quote means: That really is!

I think you have the wrong wording... What were you trying to use?

Note the upside down "exclamation point" at the beginning of the quote.When you're writing Spanish the upside-down exclamation point (or question mark) goes at the beginning part of the exclamation(or question), making " Eso" a pronoun as in the word "That! .
and written the way the it is in the joke it means "That! if that is!"
Besides,I didnt write the dam thing.I just thought it fit good (like a sock).lol.Its supposed to be a funny, play on words as in ...s-o-c-k-s.......jeez,kids these days! :roll
and "really" written in Spanish is "realamente".Where the heck do you see that?