PC Wheels

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
tjwild
League Member

PC Wheels

Post by tjwild »

hey im looking for a some new PC Wheel for nascar heat can some one point me the right way or any one that got some for sale ?
bmxtwins
League Member

Re: PC Wheels

Post by bmxtwins »

Logitech momo is a great durable wheel for NASCAR Heat, have had mine for 3 years, the only problemis the brake pedals start to drag after a while but you can just set dead spots.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

momo's are good wheels, but the pedals suck. What price range are looking to be in? If it were me, I'd go with either a g25/27 or the logi driving force pro
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i was thinking of G27 u i didnt know how good it was
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

the g25/27 are quality wheels, 900 deg rotation, all metal pedals which are highly customizable, side shifter with buttons and a hat switch that doubles as both a sequencial and h pattern shifter. The only difference between the two is that the g27 has more wheel buttons than the g25. I ran a g25 in Matt Kenseth's simulator awhile back, it was a good wheel but felt cheesy compared to my homebuilt rig. Prob the best bang for your buck tho as far as store bought wheels. Also check ebay for them as well as a used Thomas Wheel, those are of the higher quality wheels as well, no ffb tho.
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

k will do thanks a hole lot reef
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

I purchised a Logitech MoMo ffb with a new and improved clamping system, it was referbished and its like new, I got it through Amazon.com the seller was Outlet Digital,..Cost, 49.99 plus shiping 16.56,..66.55 Total. I just reseived it today 3 days later, and I must say I'm very impressed,..Its just like a new wheel, and they also have brandnew MoMo wheels that have never been opened,..but the cost is higher,..170.00 to 180.00,..only because they quit making the MoMo a few years ago,..lol, all I'm sayin is the Logitech MOMO racing wheel is still out there to be had,..49.99 is a great deal for this used/like new wheel,...I think I'm going to buy another one and give it too SRMBULLET for his birthday. What the hell,..when I get Rich I'll buy a top of the line Tomas wheel,..or have Reefer build me one,..lol :thumbsup
Ramrock47
DSSProdDirector
Provisional Member

Post by DSSProdDirector »

Ramrock47 wrote:I purchised a Logitech MoMo ffb with a new and improved clamping system, it was referbished and its like new, I got it through Amazon.com the seller was Outlet Digital,..Cost, 49.99 plus shiping 16.56,..66.55 Total. I just reseived it today 3 days later, and I must say I'm very impressed,..Its just like a new wheel, and they also have brandnew MoMo wheels that have never been opened,..but the cost is higher,..170.00 to 180.00,..only because they quit making the MoMo a few years ago,..lol, all I'm sayin is the Logitech MOMO racing wheel is still out there to be had,..49.99 is a great deal for this used/like new wheel,...I think I'm going to buy another one and give it too SRMBULLET for his birthday. What the hell,..when I get Rich I'll buy a top of the line Tomas wheel,..or have Reefer build me one,..lol :thumbsup
I got a wheel called Thrustmaster for 39.99 its a good wheel!
__|
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

G25 and G27 are the way to go, there are known issues with it in heat though.

G25 and 27 also have a fully customizale shifter that can be moved to an area of your confort.

+ Force Feedback on it is good.
Petty43
League Member

Post by Petty43 »

No comment on the new word that will appear in Websters.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Ok... I got the g27 now and thought I'd shine some light...

G27
-No sequential shifter (you can set 3rd and 4th gear to up and downshift tho, essentially same thing.)
-Great feel, forcefeedback
-Clamps arent that strong
-shifter is great
-lots of buttons
-quiet, no noise
-extremely accurate
-love it.
-full leather+medal wheel
-pedals are adjustable in spacing and height, very comfortable and all medal, great feel
-adjustable wheel lock (1-900 degrees, 200 is most ideal)
-clutch
-paddle shift
-FFB is realistic
-RPM Shift indicator on top of wheel

G25
- basically same as G27
-SEQUENTIAL and H-SHIFTER
-Less buttons (still tons on shifter tho)
-louder than g27 when turning makes a swooshing sound that is rather loud when turning.
-full leather and medal wheel
-same pedals as G27 except unadjustable
-adjustable wheel lock (1-900 degrees, 200 is most ideal)
-clutch
-paddle shift
-Good FFB

Momo
-great starter wheel
-stops at 200 degrees
-durable plastic wheel
-grips are rubber (after 3 years mine are rather worn)
-shifter is only seuqential, + can move to left or right side of wheel ---- shifter brakes if pressed too hard
-6 buttons paddle shift
-pedals are grabage, become uncalibrated, need cleaning, deadspots etc.
-my brakes started dragging
-ok for oval racing if you don't use brakes that often
-wheel started uncalibrating after turning with ForceFeedBack
-FFB is decent and pretty accurate
-dont think it is made anymore, I have an extra id sell if anyone is really interested, it is used but still works perfectly, would work fine for a year or 2, just grip wear..

DFGT
-Don't have it someone else feel free to write a review.

I had the MOMO for 3 years, it was a good starter and low price, but G27 is far superior, I never tried G25 but looked up features. If you found a g25 I might say take that because it has a better shifter option, but g27 has more advances aswell. If g27 had Sequential shifter mode aswell easy 10/10 stars here, until then 9/10!!!

I would go with g27 and not the g25 for warranty purposes, as g25 is no longer covered.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Forgot to mention u need to turn specific game settings off in profiler for G27 to use it in heat.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Thomas Racing Wheels. 'nuff said.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Thats for Rich people, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,oh crap!,..now ya got me day dreamin
Ramrock47
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Ramrock47 wrote:Thats for Rich people, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm,oh crap!,..now ya got me day dreamin
Yeah like 325 USD for the most basic set (looks like junk for the basic one IMO), plastic pedals and the wheel looks like its from a little tikes car haha.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Wingman
In Reef we trust.