Yo Retro...

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Reef
League Member

Yo Retro...

Post by Reef »

Hey, can you give me some pointers on running a modified? I just picked up these in iRacing, and they are bad ass. Can't seem to get the rear end to stick, very loose on exit of the turns. I am told that the setup for the car in sim mirrors the car in real life, so any pointers you can send my way would be greatly appreciated.

retroracer
League Administrator

Re: Yo Retro...

Post by retroracer »

If a traction control unit is available that would be your best fix,lol.I have a friend that is also running there,I sent him one of my real life setup sheets and he says it's pretty much dead on.I'll get that info to you in a pm.Are those things not "bad ass",I wish my lame computer would support them but it wont.BTW what tracks are you guys running,and how extensive is the iracing garage,does it offer more adjustments than Heat? If so what all can you mess with?
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Heres the pics of the garage and schedule. Killer schedule if I may say. This is the setup I got for Thompson Speedway.

Chassis
Tires
Schedule
retroracer
League Administrator

Post by retroracer »

That setup stuff I just sent you is pretty close,lol.I see you can adjust the length on your sway bar arm,you may already know this but you can fine tune your bar with that,the shorter the arm the stiffer than the given diameter will be ,longer will soften it.The toe is pretty close,the general rule is the smaller or tighter the track the more you need,but about an 1/8 inch is all you will ever need.Also on the small tracks we run very little tire air pressure,about 12 on the left,18-20 on the right.Rear tire stagger controls a lot of the cars entry and exit characteristics, the more the looser.If these game cars are correct to tour rules they have a locked rearend,which is why they require so much stagger.
Another thing to consider is this,with only 3 inches of ride height at the right front there is not a lot of shock travel,or body roll so there is not a great deal of dynamic weight transfer from the front to the rear on corner entry,so the static or starting weight on the right front corner is critical.Too light or to heavy either way the car will push on entry,one due to not enough dynamic transfer to make the corner heavy enough to work,the other the combination of high static and what little dynamic weight transfer overloads the tire.In real life the left front tire is just along for the ride,that tire should last forever.
Show some class,not your A$$ !!
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

what game is that mod for that looks really kool
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Those are the SK Tour Modifieds for iRacing.

With the the small amount of track time I got with these, I have noticed that at some points, my rf is actually off the track. I will make some adjustments from the info you gave and see what happens. If I do well enuff, maybe I'll post a replay.

Thanks man.
Henderson
League Member

Post by Henderson »

If anyone feels like going into detail, what is the difference in iRacing and NR2003? I hear that NR2003 is just a "for fun" game while iRacing is a "Sim" game. Just wondering if anyone could really tell me. I have NR2003 and find it fun, but I have been wondering if there really is a difference between it and iRacing. If there is, I may try out iRacing, but don't want to pay for something I may not like. Just wondering, thanks.
Graphic Design Major at the Art Institute of Charlotte.
Personal Facebook | Schemes Facebook
DSSProdDirector
Provisional Member

Post by DSSProdDirector »

I think it would be a good idea.But i'm not a dirt type of guy.
__|
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
███\ __ ███\
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

What does this have to do with dirt track racing??
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Bmxtwins wrote:What does this have to do with dirt track racing??
Necessary BMX?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

hey Reef where can i find that game at i would like to try it out is there a link u can send me
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

is that for Rfactor is it ?
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

http://www.iracing.com/

Online only racing sim, although you can do testing by yourself, alone, on the tracks you buy.

I think you have to buy each car and each track you want.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Most people associate modifieds with dirt. Modifieds run on dirt and asphalt, depending on the series, location, etc.

$$$ That's what's kept me from trying out IRacing. I just can't see paying for online racing so long as I can have fun racing for Free.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

never mine about that one i cant a ford to do a game like that lol but thank u got the link bubba i checked it out i just cant a ford to go that way
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

bover907 wrote:
Most people associate modifieds with dirt. Modifieds run on dirt and asphalt, depending on the series, location, etc.

$$$ That's what's kept me from trying out IRacing. I just can't see paying for online racing so long as I can have fun racing for Free.
Oh, didn't realize that they did that. I thought that dirt modifies were more like latemodels.
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Are there 10 speeds made out of sand in iracing?
In Reef we trust.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Bmxtwins wrote:
bover907 wrote:

Oh, didn't realize that they did that. I thought that dirt modifies were more like latemodels.
LMFAO