NASCAR Heat Painting Tutorial

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about painting topics.
Henderson
League Member

NASCAR Heat Painting Tutorial

Post by Henderson »

I seem to be getting a couple people a week asking me how to paint. I really don't feel like going into detail about this and that. I do have a life...

Anyway, I was just wondering if Reef, Bove, Easton or any of you painting geniuses have a tutorial for new painters. Thanks.
Graphic Design Major at the Art Institute of Charlotte.
Personal Facebook | Schemes Facebook
DusterLag
League Member

Re: NASCAR Heat Painting Tutorial

Post by DusterLag »

DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Great place to start them out, Duster. That's where I send people who ask me. I'll add that the second part on that page, the section titled "Paint.res Update" you need not do. The .tex file just has to be put in the base folder of the mod for which the paint was made. Others who want to see your paint, also download that file and put it in their mod base folder.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Henderson
League Member

Post by Henderson »

Thanks guys. I should have guess Cholerix or one the Speedsims guys would have something. Anyway, thanks.
Graphic Design Major at the Art Institute of Charlotte.
Personal Facebook | Schemes Facebook
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

McMurray wrote:I should have guess Cholerix or one the Speedsims guys would have something. Anyway, thanks.
Yep. No need for everyone else to go making tutorials when Cholerix and the boys over there covered everything so well. That tutorial covers all the basics of painting. As far as how to really master Gimp, or PSP or Photoshop, and also all the cool tricks to make a really good looking car, That all comes with practice, time and patience. Your first couple cars may not be the greatest looking on the track, but they'll be YOURS. There's a certain element of pride that comes with that. You'll come to find that once you start painting, each sucessive car looks better then the previous, etc.

Happy Painting! ;)
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image