psp saving error ?

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about painting topics.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

psp saving error ?

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Hey Guys ...
I have been playing around in psp7. I have managed to put a few layers on it and make it look.. ok.. for a beginner. I have read some of the help files but couldnt find the answer to this. 1. Is there a limit to how many layers you can put on a template? And
2. When I go to save the file as a .tga, (I already have the "flatten" image thing done"), and it is uncompressed. I get this error message "because of the limitations of the specified file format only one alpha channel will be saved,would you like to continue".
When I first saved it I saved it as a .psp so I could continue to work on it
any help would be great
mustangman759
League Member

Re: psp saving error ?

Post by mustangman759 »

try saving as a PSD if you want to edit it.
one channel? idk i just click ok
yes there is a limit to layers but you shouldnt need to go that high realy
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

PSP7 has a 50 layer limit I believe, along with not being able to group layers. Version 8 is the first not to limit the layer count if I am correct.
when I paint, I place every single thing, no matter how small, on it's own seperate labeled layer for ease in editing. I have some paintjobs with over 100 layers in them.

As far as the alpha channel, are you attempting to save a transparency? I would just click ok and make sure u set ur options as 24 bit uncompressed. psp usually gives that warning whenever that type of file is saved.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

Reef wrote:PSP7 has a 50 layer limit I believe, along with not being able to group layers. Version 8 is the first not to limit the layer count if I am correct.
when I paint, I place every single thing, no matter how small, on it's own seperate labeled layer for ease in editing. I have some paintjobs with over 100 layers in them.

As far as the alpha channel, are you attempting to save a transparency? I would just click ok and make sure u set ur options as 24 bit uncompressed. psp usually gives that warning whenever that type of file is saved.
thanks reef always better with this stuff than i am.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Jesse, yes you would like to flatten when saving as TGA. It'll save as TGA but if you are still leaving it open you will notice the file name changes but it still has layers. If you dont believe me just save a psd as tga and go back to it... will only have 1 layer
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Bmxtwins wrote:Jesse, yes you would like to flatten when saving as TGA. It'll save as TGA but if you are still leaving it open you will notice the file name changes but it still has layers. If you dont believe me just save a psd as tga and go back to it... will only have 1 layer
LOL, Please read my sig. I have it covered.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

People who think they know what they're doing are especially annoying to those of us who do.

lol (:^D)
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Still getting that stupid error I had to have done somthing wrong or somthing wrong with the 2008 cts template. But it is most likely me :banginghead :beatingcomputer