New stuff

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
Ramrock47
League Member

New stuff

Post by Ramrock47 »

Ok guys,...I changed to the new computer tonight so I may need some help later on in the week geting all the nhrl stuff working propery,...I'm going to redownload everything that I NEED,...might need some help with windows 7 I dont know yet,...havint tried to down load anyting yet,...not till tomorow,...it will take the rest of the week to get things right,..as long as I have to work every day and can only work on it in the evenings. Thanks guys in advance,.. so far it looks pretty awsome,...Ill start reloading everyting tomorrow after work,...this thing is awsome just need to get used to the windows 7,..lol
Ramrock47
Ramrock47
League Member

Re: New stuff

Post by Ramrock47 »

Ok guys,.windows 7 wont read surtin files on the nascar heat disc,..one of them is the heat exe file.
Ramrock47
KartRacer63
League Member

Post by KartRacer63 »

I use Win 7 with no problems. You have 32 bit or 64 bit?
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

64 bit
Ramrock47
groverhardt
League Member

Post by groverhardt »

That's probably the problem. No need to run 64 bit at this time anyway. Not enough programs support it.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

This Thread at the Modsquad Tells what to do with Win7 64 and heat. I'd recommend reading the entire two page thread before trying what's in the first few posts.

Hope this helps.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

thanks bov,..that did help, I got the mods down loaded but theres no .EXE to the game.
Ramrock47
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

bover907 wrote:This Thread at the Modsquad Tells what to do with Win7 64 and heat. I'd recommend reading the entire two page thread before trying what's in the first few posts.

Hope this helps.
I know you said to read the entire two page thread before trying whats in the first few posts,..but I did it anyway,I got in a hurry,and got more frustated,..I just dont have enough time after work to do what I need to do here and do what needs to be done around the house,.I'm out of time right now,.I will go back to that tomorrow after work and read the entire two page thread before trying anyting,...this windows 7 is a paine in my A$$,..I'm thinking I should have stayed with windows XP,..lol
Ramrock47
KartRacer63
League Member

Post by KartRacer63 »

Ok, I have 64 bit too. You have to run the game out of Program Files (x86) for the game to work at all. If you still have all your old files you should just copy those over to program files x86. When you download everything, though, you have to save the application. For example, when downloading, say the NBS mod, save it to the desktop or wherever, open up its properties, click unblock at the bottom of the first screen that comes up (Some don't have this), click the compatibility tab and run it in Win 98 compatability mode. You have to do this with every application you download for heat. Also when you launch the program don't forget to add the (x86) to the end of program files if it doesn't already have it. When everything's downloaded, open the mod launcher (or whatever you use) properties and run it in windows xp compatability mode and as an administrator. I know it's annoying and time consuming at first but once everything's done, I would really recommend using Win7.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

I'v already downloaded all the patches and all the mods,.but for some reason they wont load when I click the shortcut.
Ramrock47
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Well,..the original nascar heat loads just fine and runs great. If I reinstall the mods after going to properties and unlocking them will it overwright the files that are in there?
Ramrock47
KartRacer63
League Member

Post by KartRacer63 »

It should, But I'd delete everything first though.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Whats the deal with the two program files? I have a program files and I have a program files (x86),..is there sapost to be two program files on here like that?
Ramrock47
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

yes ram. I suggest you make sure you download and install tracks, setups, cars, etc. to you desktop. Sometimes with 7 files will get locked if you send the directly to a folder.
In Reef we trust.
KartRacer63
League Member

Post by KartRacer63 »

Ramrock47 wrote:Whats the deal with the two program files? I have a program files and I have a program files (x86),..is there sapost to be two program files on here like that?
Program Files (x86) is the only thing that 32-bit programs can run out of. Since heat is a 32 bit program, it has to be ran from that folder instead of the original program files.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

not sure I understand what you are talking about.
Ramrock47
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Remember with windows XP, that Programs got installed into the C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\Nascar Heat\ folder.

With Windows 7 64, There are 2 program files folders. The regular Program Files folder, and for older stuff like Heat, there's a folder called Program Files (x86). Windows 7 won't install stuff there by default. You have to tell it to do so. So, what you need to do is start over, and install Heat, and all your mods in the Program Files (x86) folder.

I think you also have to tell windows to run all these programs as an administrator.

I never messed with windows 7 myself, but that's what I gathered from reading all of the threads here and at the modsquad. That's the best way I can explain it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

bover907 wrote:Remember with windows XP, that Programs got installed into the C:\Program Files\Hasbro Interactive\Nascar Heat\ folder.

With Windows 7 64, There are 2 program files folders. The regular Program Files folder, and for older stuff like Heat, there's a folder called Program Files (x86). Windows 7 won't install stuff there by default. You have to tell it to do so. So, what you need to do is start over, and install Heat, and all your mods in the Program Files (x86) folder.

I think you also have to tell windows to run all these programs as an administrator.

I never messed with windows 7 myself, but that's what I gathered from reading all of the threads here and at the modsquad. That's the best way I can explain it.
When I installed heat I installed it into the program files(x86) folder,and when I downloaded the patches and the mods I put them in C:\Program Files (x86)\Hasbro Interactive\Nascar Heat folder. The problem I'm having is,.the original heat runs just fine,but when I click on the NHRL cup mod .exe or even the desktop short cut it starts the original heat game, it keeps reading the original .exe file, ether that or the splash_screen pops up and freezes, and when I close it theres a window behined it that says nascar heat was not desined for windows 2000 and when I click continue the original heat opens and runs.
Ramrock47
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

Also,.when I try to make changes in the heat folder I get a window popup that says access Denied, You'll Need to Provide Administrator Permission to Change or Move this Folder. I noteist that there are two .exe files in the Nascar Heat folder,..one is,..Nascar Heat.exe and the other one is N Heat.exe,....should there be two of those files in there?
Ramrock47
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

Nascar Heat.exe is the original, unpatched exe file, Nheat.exe is the patched, no-cd version. I have both in my folder as well. No harm there.

As far as the other problems, do you have to set the permissions for each mod folder to admin as well as the main heat folder? Worth a shot.