2010 Series

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should the league add a short third series during the 2010 season?

Yes
53%
No
16%
I'm not sure
32%

Total votes: 19

lepage71
League Administrator

2010 Series

Post by lepage71 »

In addition to your vote, we'd appreciate your comments and feedback.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Re: 2010 Series

Post by Rookiesrock »

A short series of 8-10 races could be interesting depending on the time and day of the week.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

My suggestion would be WRS or some sort of modifieds????
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

I'm with Bover WRS or modifieds would be cool. Be nice to have a short race no pitting required style format.
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

WRS is cool or we could do IROC ?
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

How about legends (LCH), the good days... That was a great league/mod.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Legends would definately be a good idea. I never tried them, but I've heard from many that they would be a blast.

I'd mentioned modifieds above, but I don't know if there's any good paved modified tracks out there. I wouldn't be able to make one in time to use for this year if there wasn't a good one to use already. So, I'd like to either see legends, or Could someone comment on any previous experiences with the WRS mod?
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Bover,

There isn't a "good" modified mod out there, unless you go into something for dirt. The pavement modifieds out there aren't very good. Lucky made one long ago (featherlites) and it had Ferrari physics on it (ugh) and Raceline Central had one called Amods, but it had a Cup cockpit and wasn't very well done at all. Then DRT-Editing had one, but it was mostly made for Normal mode (as all their mods were mostly).

As far as WRS goes, I am kind of biased on that, since I made it, but it has been ran in many leagues before, and the only issues it ever had, was users just needed to replace the options.cfg, since I mistakenly included the one from an old, old computer I had when I made it (doh).... but it is a very low poly model (1000 polys or so) and provides very close short track racing with various default setups for many of the older short tracks out there. I also had many different wheel/tire combinations that can be used, and if you guys allowed more than one model, you could choose between some different dashes in it...or just stick with one cockpit and go that way too. It can also allow 1024x1024 paints, if you wanted to run that way.

Legends cars are cool too, but that is kind of an outdated mod as far as looks go. Everything in it looks so 2000-ish.

So if you went with WRS, at least I could provide support for any questions about it. The others stuff has no support anymore, as all those folks have moved on to other things. ;)

I know retroracer has been waiting awhile on this one though... so I might as well tease him with his own car. :meanlaughter

bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Is that something you're working on Ray? :hyper

Funny........ If I were to try my hand on a modified mod, Retro would be the guy I'd ask for tech suport, lol.

Thanks for all the imput!
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Bubba
Forum Member

Post by Bubba »

Yeah....been working on those for awhile, but took a good long break awhile back, due to other stuff coming up that has pushed them behind. It seems that happens to me a lot....LOL.

And yes, I asked retroracer a few questions now and again on them (for physics), and he provides the info he can on them. 8)

I'd actually like to have a few tracks to come out with them. Currently, we do have some in the works. Stafford Motor Speedway, New Smyrna Speedway and South Boston Speedway are all in various forms right now, and the main problems seem to be getting the pits worked out good for them. Plus, I've had Blaxman trying to use some tools he knows about, to help me fix up some issues with North Wilkesboro, so I can go back in and fix all the graphical (textures and objects) errors it has and do the day and night versions. Plus I have some others I've been toying with of existing tracks in Heat, to try and fix them up and make new ones out of......

So needless to say, there is no telling when it'll come out. But when it does, at least it'll hopefully have some goodies coming out with it. I'm one who will tinker around for awhile, to try and improve something, if I can. Here is a shot where I'm trying new wheels and tires and a new front nerf bar at a retextured Hickory:

tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

that is very kool and sweet bubba that looks like it would be world of fun im up for it
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

ha using retro's car thats cruel lol
this mod is 6 months or so in the making if i remember correctly right?
i hope you release it ASAP!
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Everybody wants every mod ASAP. People have lives.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image