Requiring Winner to Share Setup

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Should the winner of each race be required to share the winning setup on the forum?

Yes
30%
No
65%
I'm not sure
4%

Total votes: 23

lepage71
League Administrator

Requiring Winner to Share Setup

Post by lepage71 »

In addition to your vote, we'd appreciate your comments and feedback.
mustangman759
League Member

Re: Requiring Winner to Share Setup

Post by mustangman759 »

Yes because would be cool noo because winner could upload a decent set but not EXACT.
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net
Henderson
League Member

Post by Henderson »

I say yes, not just because it would be "cool," but because it would even the playing field for the next time you race there. The old winner will no longer be able to use that setup, because everyone else will have it.
Graphic Design Major at the Art Institute of Charlotte.
Personal Facebook | Schemes Facebook
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

No I don't believe they should have to. If I won a race, why would I want to share the set I worked so hard on to get the win? This ain't the free clinic, work for your win.
CR49
League Member

Post by CR49 »

No, if they want to that's fine, if they don't they shouldn't have to. Plus just because it's a winning set for them doesn't mean it's going to work for everyone else anyway. By the time you get there again you'll have to rework everything anyway because laps will probably change, wear factor will have probably changed and I bet the guy who won there the time before will have something completely new anyway. It may work as a good baseline for someone, but no one is going to grab it and go win with it.
Ramrock47
League Member

Post by Ramrock47 »

I dont think that a winning driver should have to share that setup with anyone,..# 1, its not right..# 2 just because that driver won with that setup dosnt mean that somone els can win with it,..it depends on that persons driving style and in my opinion not everyones driving styles will agree with that setup,..you would still have to tweek on it so whats the point,..lets stick to drivers posting setups on the forums if they want to. That gives you a base set to work with.
Ramrock47
camry
League Member

Post by camry »

I say No because it's simply too hard to control. Would someone really provide the setup they just raced? It's pretty easy to provide a different setup and say that was the winning one.
Free Agent
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

i got yes becoulse i didnt click the right one becoulse i clicking befor i was thinking but im with reef on that i work very hard on my setups and dont like to give out my good ones at all unless it befits for my team mates but thats just me watching out for my team mates
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

If you change your mind about something, then you can switch your vote. :-k
Harding
League Member

Post by Harding »

CR49 wrote:It may work as a good baseline for someone, but no one is going to grab it and go win with it.
I must be no one, I done no changes to a setup that I received and I went and won with it :roll . So one year the race length is extended by 1 lap and you have to get an extra lap out of your tires somehow. Tweaking an already great setup will give you about max another 1/4 of a lap. Learning how to drive a bit better and save the tires will get you another lap or possibly more on the same setup. If you have a setup that doesn't understeer or oversteer, the gearing is good and there's not extreme heat or work put onto any one tire then you can do anything with it. All the people that expect to go faster by changing setups are quite amusing, you concentrate on the weakest part of your whole car, usually that's the driver.

I voted for the winner to share the setup, setup is only a very small part of a race winning formula. New guys don't really get looked after here so it will be better for them to have a decent setup they can download straight away that was the previous season's winning setup.

If this rule goes through I will glady say which setup I used and if I choose to race and I go out there and get beaten by someone racing the setup I was using then that's great for them, they were the better driver and they deserved to win. If I'm not the best driver I don't deserve to win.
Every dog has his day
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

lol, take a look at the ones who posted yes and the ones who posted no..... :laughing
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

The main point here, is there is no way at all to know weather the race winner was forthright with his actual setup. So, it'd end up being strickly on the honor system.

Certain guys usually share their winning setup.

One arguement against would be the case of D3efan, who dominated pocono for a couple years until he shared his setup with the league. I don't think he's won there since, lol.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

Harding wrote:
CR49 wrote:It may work as a good baseline for someone, but no one is going to grab it and go win with it.
I must be no one, I done no changes to a setup that I received and I went and won with it :roll . So one year the race length is extended by 1 lap and you have to get an extra lap out of your tires somehow. Tweaking an already great setup will give you about max another 1/4 of a lap. Learning how to drive a bit better and save the tires will get you another lap or possibly more on the same setup. If you have a setup that doesn't understeer or oversteer, the gearing is good and there's not extreme heat or work put onto any one tire then you can do anything with it. All the people that expect to go faster by changing setups are quite amusing, you concentrate on the weakest part of your whole car, usually that's the driver.

I voted for the winner to share the setup, setup is only a very small part of a race winning formula. New guys don't really get looked after here so it will be better for them to have a decent setup they can download straight away that was the previous season's winning setup.

If this rule goes through I will glady say which setup I used and if I choose to race and I go out there and get beaten by someone racing the setup I was using then that's great for them, they were the better driver and they deserved to win. If I'm not the best driver I don't deserve to win.
Do what you want with it Harding!! 8)

One of the best RC drivers that I have ever met, and fastest, a guy by the name of Crash, has given me his fastest and winning sets in the past,(he never cared who raced his setups) I think I actually beat him once with his own setup, and it was probably my most thrilling race, that I've ever had racing against that alien! :happy
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
mustangman759
League Member

Post by mustangman759 »

DaveO wrote:
Harding wrote:

Do what you want with it Harding!! 8)

One of the best RC drivers that I have ever met, and fastest, a guy by the name of Crash, has given me his fastest and winning sets in the past,(he never cared who raced his setups) I think I actually beat him once with his own setup, and it was probably my most thrilling race, that I've ever had racing against that alien! :happy
you got that rught
revolutionaryracing.forumotion.com
revmediahub.gt3tcc.500servers.net