Mexico 2007

Submit setups and compare strategies for upcoming league races.
Ramrock47
League Member

Mexico 2007

Post by Ramrock47 »

Just so you all know,...I Hate Road Courses,..lol :mrgreen I am running a BransHatch-T setup and it seems to handle pretty good but I cant seem to get the gears right,..I'm running low 25s right now,..need to run 21s or 22s,...lookin for some gears 8) Dose anyone want to share :roll not asking for your race winning gears,just somthing close :doubtful
Ramrock47
bmxtwins
League Member

Re: Mexico 2007

Post by bmxtwins »

Hey Russ,

Thanks for the tip. I'm going to start working on gears tonight and I'll post it here if its decent.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

Ran a 30 lapper @ Mexico last night offline and here are the results ,which dont mean much ,...but ,it will give ya an Idea of the times to expect .I got my
sights set on getting under 122! :twisted
Speedy_test.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Russ try some road america gears for a starter... I'm still perfecting mine and then having one of my road course buddies fix me a set. I'll share the gears but maybe not the set ;)
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Some track tips:

Commitment line is a ways before the actual painted line to begin pit road speed so be careful.

Down the front straight, pass start-finish line, is an invisible wall where the grass on the left side ends. It covers about half of the grass surface. So if you get pushed off, fall asleep, try to check tires/damage/stats be sure not to verve over the grass more than two wheels.

Don't get too close to the pit wall. It's never happened to me, but at least 3 other drivers had said that they fall through the surface of the track.

turns 4 and 5 (first two turns after the right-left-right complex to start lap) are, for me at least, the most important. I was smooth all along the track except here. When I fixed this I went from 1.23s to 1.21s and low 122s.
In Reef we trust.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

Ramrock47 wrote:Just so you all know,...I Hate Road Courses,..lol :mrgreen I am running a BransHatch-T setup and it seems to handle pretty good but I cant seem to get the gears right,..I'm running low 25s right now,..need to run 21s or 22s,...lookin for some gears 8) Dose anyone want to share :roll not asking for your race winning gears,just somthing close :doubtful
Try bumping the final down 1 or 2 clicks and you won't red line in the long straight
@ low 23's atm but looking for more..
tjwild
League Member

Post by tjwild »

any one know of a good starting setup for this track in the cups i have none for this track ?
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Like Ramrock suggested in the first post. He started with a brands hatch setup, which if you don't have it, there may be one in the setups section on the site.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

My Mexico setup for CTS is in the setups section of the website. Unfortunately, CUP and NBS setups aren't available because we've never raced there in those series! ;)
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Has anyone else notice that there is no rear camber in the mexico track. Usually it is mandated to -1.8 -1.8.
Rookiesrock
League Member

Post by Rookiesrock »

Yes it was noticed by Reef in the CTS series and after further investigating it was found to be up to the track builder. Same with ghost cars, if the track builder did not make provisions for it then it aint there.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

O ..Ok :embarrassed sorry didnt know that, since I dont race the cts here. Thanks Rookies :thumbsup
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

So you can adjust the camber with nothing happening?
In Reef we trust.
Reef
League Member

Post by Reef »

No, you cant adjust the rear camber. Whomever built the track, made it that way.
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Reef wrote:No, you cant adjust the rear camber. Whomever built the track, made it that way.
Suchayo, the same person that developed the core software for HeatFinder...
Technically Mexico2007 is only a Beta track and he never truly finished it.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

Rear camber isn't adjustable anywhere anyway. The rear camber is actually specified in the track file. 99.9% of Heat tracks leave the Rear camber set at 1.8 & -1.8. Just so happens this guys put it at 0 & 0. We're all running with that, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image