Pitmageddon @ Texas

General announcements and discussion about the NHRL Busch Series.
lepage71
League Administrator

Pitmageddon @ Texas

Post by lepage71 »

Whoa, Texas once again produces no cautions, but also once again produces a disaster on pit road! You can review the penalties here.
Grumpy
League Member

Re: Pitmageddon @ Texas

Post by Grumpy »

How many pit stalls can we use?
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

It's not absolute. As I've said before, we tend to be lenient most of the time, and don't often penalize drivers for 3 pit stalls or less.
V-A 4. Do not needlessly cut through other pit stalls when entering and exiting your own pit stall. The league administrators recognize that completely missing the pit stalls immediately in front of and behind your own pit stall can be challenging and that heavy traffic, awkward positioning, and incoming cars can frequently add further complication to the pitting process. As a result, every driver is granted some leniency given the situation. In most cases, a competitor should never have to cut through more than three pit stalls to enter or exit their own pit stall. Additionally, drivers should attempt to pit squarely, avoiding stopping excessively long, short, or outside of their stall.
I can report that at Texas the penalties were all for 4-pit-stall-or-more violations. :police
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

Are you counting Driver pit stall as one? or is it driver pit stall plus 3 more on either side?
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Correct. We don't count a driver's own pit stall on either the entrance or exit.