December Planning

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.
lepage71
League Administrator

December Planning

Post by lepage71 »

We've got two upcoming league events: the Fall Festival on Saturday, December 7 and our annual Holiday Derby which will be later in the month.

For simplicity, I'm consolidating the discussion for the two events into a single topic so that everything is in one place. Feel free to opine on one event or the other event or both events. The more ideas, the better. It's all free form 'round these parts. We'll consider a plethora of suggestions.

Now, the Fall Festival will be similar in format to the Winter Welcome last season. Rather than re-summarize the details, I'd encourage everyone to review the official news article from last year: viewtopic.php?f=81&t=12655. This season, since ARL just ran a modified series, we're open to running the Fall Festival with a new or different short-track-oriented mod. We'd also like to switch the tracks and perhaps add a dirt track to the mix. We'd prefer that each track meets two criteria: A) it's a short track one mile or less and B) we do not visit it on a regular basis in our series.

Most everyone is familiar with the derby at this point. As I sometimes like to say, "we all know to do" when it comes to the derby. We've done at least one such event each season since 2011. And, as is always the case, the mod and track is totally wide open, except repeat courses. Discuss!

I think that covers it all. We'd like comments and feedback on mods, tracks, and other particulars. Let us know if you have any other questions.
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: December Planning

Post by lepage71 »

Here are some short track ideas for the Fall Festival. I believe Speedy has some additional ideas and a new short track recently released, as well.

The following courses are places that we used during the 2011 NHRL Modified Series but did not visit as part of the Winter Welcome last season:
Ace
Black Creek
Cayuga
Concord
Jennerstown
Speedyman11
League Member

Post by Speedyman11 »

Lanier
Montgomery
OCS
WingSideUp
Forum Member

Post by WingSideUp »

lepage71 wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:32 pm Here are some short track ideas for the Fall Festival. I believe Speedy has some additional ideas and a new short track recently released, as well.

The following courses are places that we used during the 2011 NHRL Modified Series but did not visit as part of the Winter Welcome last season:
Ace
Black Creek
Cayuga
Concord
Jennerstown
All of those tracks you listed are fantastic. We've run Black Creek, (the original not the paved version) forever for the Florida Speedweeks. We used to run Cayuga every year and it would be cool to run it since it's re-opened in real life. Jennerstown has been on the schedule since SUPRS started in '04 and ALWAYS puts on a good race and Concord used to be run as part of the North Carolina Swing until we went to rFactor. Ace was tricky with the SUPRS but a real challenge as was Hickory. Any of them would make for a good night of racing I think.

Other than those, there's a lot of the Mike Jackson tracks (Paved or Dirt) that would probably fall into something usable. I always thought Paved Havasu and Paved Paradise was fast and fun. Tri-Park is pretty cool too. There's a dirt and paved version of Twisted Metal Speedway that might be appropriate for the Derby lol.

Haven't run Ocala or Sunrise by Budman in forever. Those might be fun.

We've got a version of Orlando and New Smyrna that Flash did for SUPRS that would be fun I think. Also have Oswego, Sandusky, Star, and Madera. I think only Oswego and Sandusky have been released publicly so far on TMS, but all of them are ready. I just have to get DaveO all the info.

Here's the SUPRS track record list if it helps https://suprs.net/site/rulesleague-info ... k-records/. I'm sure you have all of those, but thought I would throw them out there. Hope I can make it and hope you don't mind my chiming in.
"Keep It Wing Side Up & Wheels to the Ground!"
Visit Bob Gangwer's Wing Side Up on the World Wide Web
SUPRS.net
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Thanks for the input and of course...all are welcome to contribute here. Keep it coming. :arrow
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Here's a potential Fall Festival track list (thus far).

Like last season, with the Winter Welcome, we'll plan on doing 10 shootout races.
Ace
Black Creek
Cayuga
Concord
Jennerstown
Lanier
OCS
Track #08 TBD
Track #09 TBD
Track #10 TBD
I plan on checking out some of the others that WingSide mentioned this weekend.

How about thoughts on the mod for either event?
Bandit
League Member

Post by Bandit »

UPS mod would be a blast (or a pain depending on how you look at it.) Vintage Modifieds and Thunder2Heat mod would be great mods to use as well.
- Bandit
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

I know that Speedy scheduled a Vintage Modified race on the night immediately prior to the Fall Festival. The overlap there might make it a logical mod to choose for our event. One question: how does the mod differ from the SuperHeatModifieds? As for tracks, I think we're good.

We'd still like to hear more Holiday Derby ideas, in terms of mods and tracks. Although, maybe at last this is the year to do the UPS trucks!
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

I'm in, but I notice there are only 4 drivers to choose from in that mod and I don't paint yet. Just pick one? How about setups, will they be fixed? Thanks!
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Yeah, that's an issue. We'd want more cars to choose. Do we have another good short track mod idea for the Fall Festival? The tracks are set.

I've got one mod in mind. If I don't hear any other ideas soon then we'll go with my idea.

We didn't run fixed setups in the Winter Welcome last season. But I like the thought. We'd create a base setup that we'd use for all ten races.

Also, we're still looking for track input on the Holiday Derby. Speak now or receive coal!
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

I like the base setup idea. Not too much time to prepare setups for 10 tracks.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. We're leaning towards using the Pro Stock Car Heat mod for the Fall Festival: download 1 and download 2.

I don't think a league has ever used it for a race which will make our event unique. It also has a huge car set.

As I've said, speak now or that will be the plan. Look for the official news release soon.

Here's the anticipated track list. It includes suggestions from all:
Ace
Black Creek
Cayuga
Concord
Jennerstown
Lanier
OCS
Ocala Speedway
Sunrise Raceway
PAVED Havasu
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

What do you all think about hosting the Holiday Derby at Speedy's new Tri-County track in the UPS mod? I like how it's simultaneously wide and maneuverable but also has that can't-see-'round-the-corner dynamic. Let's hear some thoughts! We'll turn Tri-County PST into Tri-County PTSD!
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Darn it but I'll be missing this crash filled extravaganza since we'll be holiday traveling. Enjoy the chaos!
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Don't worry, we'll just have to mark you down as "fear" for the derby. :meanlaughter
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We've set the date for the seventh annual Holiday Derby to Saturday, December 21 at 8:00 PM ET (after asking around to confirm a good time).

Does anyone know where I can actually download the UPS mod? I don't think it's on The Mod Squad website.
Bandit
League Member

Post by Bandit »

Here is the download link to the mod from FFS Racing. http://ffsracing.com/downloads/allnasca ... _Truck.zip
- Bandit
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

Can we submit our own truck?
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
Grumpy
League Member

Post by Grumpy »

Here is the template
Some Of My Best Friends Are People I Don't Even Know --- Long Live Heat
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Grumpy wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:02 pmCan we submit our own truck?
Yes, you can feel free to upload a custom truck via your driver account on the website.