Setup Folder

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
d3efan
League Administrator

Setup Folder

Post by d3efan »

I am running Heat with the Heat Core download. I just downloaded the Kentucky track and went to the garage to load the Default and Advanced setups which would normally populate a new folder in the Setups Folder but it's not doing it. In fact, I noticed all of the new setups I've created are not going into the respective folders. They are being saved somewhere, but I have no idea where. So the problem is I can't import any setups for Kentucky because I can't create a Kentucky folder. I had just dropped an already saved setups folder into the CTS mod when I installed it and I can access all of those setups through the game and file manager. My new setups are only accessible in-game. Very perplexing. Windows 10.
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Setup Folder

Post by lepage71 »

The name of the Kentucky track file is Kentucky_Ver2.trk so make sure you have a Kentucky_Ver2 folder.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Nope, there is no Kentucky_Ver2 folder and it's not automatically populated after going into the game and loading the Advanced and Default setups like I remember happening. However, I manually created a Kentucky_Ver2 folder in my main Setups folder, it worked, and I can now import setups which I see in the garage and can use. I still don't know where my newly created setups are going. There still out there somewhere because I see them in the in-game garage, just not in file manager, and I've gone through every folder under the Hasbro Interactive main folder too.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Good. It's hard to explain why that's only occurring with one track. It could be Windows. The setups might be ending up in the VirtualStore folder.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Issue resolved. Thanks!
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

same issue but nothing in the VitualStore ...not even a setups folder with a fresh install of the NHRLC11 mod Windows 10 is starting to suck
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Do you see the setup folders in your regular Program Files (x86) directory?

Like you, I'm also on Windows 10, and unlike Windows 7-8, my NASCAR heat installation no longer uses the VirtualStore folder. D3's game does, though, for unknown reasons. Overall, I like some of the changes in Windows 10. It's more similar to 7 and reverses some of the bad things in 8.
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

Yes they set up a folder when you take a lap in the garage. The issue is I cant drag and drop or copy and paste setups in the folder and see them in the game. I can make a setup in the game and save it.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Does a setup saved in NASCAR Heat end up in that same folder?
Jes Rathbun
League Member

Post by Jes Rathbun »

lepage71 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:18 pm Does a setup saved in NASCAR Heat end up in that same folder?
yes it ends up in the game folder ..just cant drag and drop or copy and paste
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Do you get a prompt or error message explaining why?
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

Jes Rathbun wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:02 pm
lepage71 wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:18 pm Does a setup saved in NASCAR Heat end up in that same folder?
yes it ends up in the game folder ..just cant drag and drop or copy and paste
Make sure you have permissions over the folder.

Right Click "NASCAR Heat" folder > Properties > Security tab > Edit button > If your Windows Username is in the top box, make sure the "Full Control" Allow box is checked for your username. If your Windows Username is not there, click "Add" and type in your Windows Username in the box > Click Check Names and OK, then make sure "Full control" Allow is checked. If asked to apply to all folders click yes.
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Got it right. That was the issue. Windows 10 and the Virtual Store folder. Thanks!