Game Graphics

Find solutions to common connection, hardware, or softwareproblems.
d3efan
League Administrator

Game Graphics

Post by d3efan »

We were discussing my graphics the other night and, alas, nothing I do with graphics settings has helped yet. And I've tried combinations of everything. Geforce GTX 960 card. Even the least antialiasing improvement in settings DO take care of the jagged line effect but will make the movement of the car on the track on the track jerky. I may put my old GPU in next week as a test but I wonder if it could be this monitor. It's an LG IPS LED 22MP56, with a refresh rate of 60 Mz. I just looked at gaming monitors and the refresh rate is typically 75 Mz. I bought this monitor overseas and think there may be an issue? Thoughts? Appreciate it.
lepage71
League Administrator

Re: Game Graphics

Post by lepage71 »

I've never noticed a significant change in monitor behavior or graphics performance across different refresh rates, e.g. 60 versus 75.

However, given your unique issues, I think it's worth trying with the monitor. So overall, good idea. If the monitor isn't the problem, then I'd also recommend comparing another graphics card. You'll at least be able to start some sort of process of elimination with this approach.
d3efan
League Administrator

Post by d3efan »

Gents, you'll be happy to know that after changing the resolution there is a marked difference in the visuals! Thanks to BK, Red, Speedy and Jes for helping me, I can see clearly now; no longer blind like Wild Thing in the movie "Major League." You'll be happy to know that now when we're racing together I suspect! While the graphics are still somewhat pixilated and jaggy in the distance and I still really can't make too many changes with the GeForce control panel without incurring an apparent "jerky" motion on the track (still working on that), it's 10 times better now. I guess it just goes to show buying a high speed gaming machine does nothing for Heat.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

It's been good to have you back and I'm glad you figured it all out. You've got a third and a second so far with the problem, so now... :-k