2014 NBS Starting Time

General discussion, feedback, or ideas about improving the league.

Would you support moving the NBS Series starting time from 10:45 PM ET to an earler time on Fridays?

Yes, move it to 9:45 PM
45%
Yes, move it to 10:00 PM
45%
Yes, move it to 10:15 PM
No votes
Yes, move it to 10:30 PM
No votes
No, keep it at 10:45 PM
9%

Total votes: 11

lepage71
League Administrator

2014 NBS Starting Time

Post by lepage71 »

In 2014, we'll likely host the NBS Series on Friday nights, like we did last year. We would like to know if an earlier starting time would enable more drivers to make more races throughout the season. I've been communicating with DusterLag about a potential move, so as to avoid conflicts with his league(s). Please let us know whether an earlier starting time would be favorable and chime in with comments.

There was quite a bit of support for an earlier time last season.
BlackKnight
League Member

Re: 2014 NBS Starting Time

Post by BlackKnight »

I prefer the 10 pm start time but 9:45 woks also not much of a difference between them
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

It seems like there's some support for moving to an earlier time. I'm not sure if all have voted, though. Does anyone have any further comments? We'll be taking a close look at making such a change. We hope it enables more drivers to make more of the races. At the same time, however, we don't want to prevent a bunch of people from making them, either. Please let us know if there are additional observations.

A schedule now exists, so look for it soon. :happy
Hammer
League Member

Post by Hammer »

Why move it to Friday nights?
In Reef we trust.
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

We actually aren't shifting any nights around. Historically speaking, we've usually run the NBS Series on Fridays. That part is the same.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I always thought that the reason NHRL ran their league races so late was to facilitate drivers from the west coast time to get home from working etc. because of the time differences.In that aspect, during most of the year, with a 3 hour difference 9:30 pm EST would be about the earliest time feasible to race.Any time after that would be great,also!

Also, I would prefer running NBS on fridays and Cup or Cts on saturady nights, rather than trying to squeeze 2 league races together on one night.
On the other hand, having both races on the same night may be better attendance wise, one night racing, the other night spending time with family etc. :mrgreen
lepage71
League Administrator

Post by lepage71 »

Good observations, that's been a factor among others. For NBS and its Friday time, at least, I don't see us starting earlier than any of the proposed times. We also want to leave a reasonable amount of time in between Duster's leagues and ours. Some folks will often be competing in both, including me.