TSB official anouncement

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
SpeedyExiter
League Member

TSB official anouncement

Post by SpeedyExiter »

As of 10/27/2013 Team Speed Brigade, along with Owner /driver Breeze is officially withdrawing its participation in all NHRL league events until further notice, sighting server connection warping issues, beyond the teams control. :irked
However,the team will continue to participate in all other scheduled events organized by all other leagues that it currently attends!
bover907
League Administrator

Re: TSB official anouncement

Post by bover907 »

The fact the the NHRL server is the only server that gives Team Speed Brigade problems, must of course be some sort of conspiracy.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
Spike
League Member

Post by Spike »

Maybe Mulder & Scully should investigate, could be :alien :alien2 :aliencheers :laughing
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

What are u alking about, Brian? Conspiracy has never even entered my mind. The issue with warping is due to the route my connection takes to get to NHRL's server all the way up in Vermont. The best theory i can come up with is that the server is on a different ISP's system ,where the route to it from my Century Link VDSL line apparently is too far ,and my packets are constantly being delayed, in lieu of other drivers whom are much closer to the server. Add that to any drivers having connection problems that all of u can see, ie; ghosting, and my packets get delayed even more.
HOWEVER,. I have Zero connection issues with Heatfinder.nets Public servers,Hardcore Motorsports server which resides in Rhode island, Speedsims
servers,and THE MOD SQUADS servers which I have no idea the location of. I have not asked lepage if he has the server and his racing computer on the same ISP line, which i have read somewhere could cause some problems.I figured if he was he would have said so.I have no idea where his server is accept what city it resides in,nor how powerful, or anything else .I have no firewall running during game play,no anti-virus software on.AS a matter of fact,My anti-virus is the only anti-virus I have been able to find that allows me to COMPLETELY shut it off.Not just put it in game mode like alot of anti-virus software that leaves some files still running in the processes section of the Task manager.But i can manually remove, stop,delete,any aspect of the anti-virus in seconds until i restart the computer.When running heat, there are only 20 processes running listed in the task manager, and that includes heat.bin and Heat.exe.No hidden background programs ,either.
I can run Ventrilo , and a game commander system that i can talk to, to make air pressure and wedge adjustments when pitting,(rather then using the Keyboard)at HMS, Heat finder.nets servers and TMS, with no problems whatsoever. Have not raced speedsims lately.I dont use either at NHRL, as ,of course that would be futile! And lastly, my computer is plenty powerful enuf,has enuf memory ,is kepted clean on a more than regular basis.Now that i think of it, when i 1st started racing here, i was on a homemade HP 750 megahertz computer , 512 memory , with a 1.5 mb line.I am now on a 12mb line with faster upload speeds and have been since 2009. So , with all that, and no problems with other servers, or them with my system,I have to assume , no...I KNOW that the problem lies somewhere else, be it NHRL's server, the isp it uses, or the screwy route.maybe its just the STATE of VERMONT hates Arizonians,go figure! :ezboardfrowning And MULDER and SCULLY were cancelled way b4 this problem began,Spike! Good try! Next! :roll
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

There are some good questions / information requests in here I thought I would fill in as it could be helpful for others... :)
SpeedyExiter wrote:Heatfinder.nets Public servers
Located in Northern Maine and Southern Maine operating on two different ISP routes.
SpeedyExiter wrote:Speedsims
servers,and THE MOD SQUADS servers which I have no idea the location of.
Same server (HeatMasters) in Connecticut.
SpeedyExiter wrote:if he has the server and his racing computer on the same ISP line, which i have read somewhere could cause some problems.
Not relevant, I've been doing this for many, many years. As have others.
SpeedyExiter wrote:I have no idea where his server is accept what city it resides in,nor how powerful, or anything else
Vermont
SpeedyExiter wrote:
There are so many things, do you happen to know what your ping to the server and its to you was that night?
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
DaveO
League Member

Post by DaveO »

DusterLag wrote:There are some good questions / information requests in here I thought I would fill in as it could be helpful for others... :)
SpeedyExiter wrote:Heatfinder.nets Public servers
Located in Northern Maine and Southern Maine operating on two different ISP routes.
SpeedyExiter wrote:Speedsims
servers,and THE MOD SQUADS servers which I have no idea the location of.
Same server (HeatMasters) in Connecticut.
SpeedyExiter wrote:if he has the server and his racing computer on the same ISP line, which i have read somewhere could cause some problems.
Not relevant, I've been doing this for many, many years. As have others.
SpeedyExiter wrote:I have no idea where his server is accept what city it resides in,nor how powerful, or anything else
Vermont
SpeedyExiter wrote:
There are so many things, do you happen to know what your ping to the server and its to you was that night?
Heatmasters also has backup server located in NYC. But we keep that private for testing purposes only for modding.. ;) And to confirm Speedy aka Breeze, he's never had any problems on any Heatmasters new or old server, nor our old SpeedSims server that use to be located in Germany. ;)
NHRL 2012 Cup & NBS Champion. 2013 CTS Champion & Cup Champion. 31 Wins, 26 Poles, and 2,126 laps led!
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

my ping to the server INITIALLY is around 135-155ish,but I just pinged to the server in the lobby at 131.The ping tends to start get worse towards the last 3/4's,of a race. when I'm seeing alot of warping,cars jumping up and down sparking, sometimes looking they are hitting the outside wall when they really aren't etc,occassionally shooting right off the track into the stands and then back ,but mostly jumping erradically.tAs the race wears on, the ping gets worse,then it gets worse ,and it becomes almost impossible to avoid all the "Obstacles".Of course ,in reality.i'm the only one beings een
mby then i've become detrimental to the other drivers,so i have to decide to slow and finish safely,or call it a day.
It has been alot of fun racing here, and i always looked forward to it every weekend,but this issue has continued on so long,and gotten tiresome.Its like
a tire going down on you at the end of a race, except it goes out on you in every single race .Not much fun and not worth the frustration anymore.
bmxtwins
League Member

Post by bmxtwins »

I have literally told lepage he can use the RR server for NHRL. It's located in NYC as well and speedy never had problems.
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I just can't understand why in the world speedy is the only person who has this problem. D3efan has raced from the UAE, which is on the Arabian peninsula, and we've even had a guy who used to race from New Zealand, with little problems to none.

I don't know what the issue is. It's obviously some glitch in the internet between Arizona and Vermont. I suspect even if Speedy switched ISP's it'd be the same issue. As far as I know, we've never had another member from Arizona, so we can't really compare anything to his case. Ramrock47 had some bad lag issues his 2nd to last season in the league, but I think that was more related to a computer in his home being on a P2P network, than anything else.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image
SpeedyExiter
League Member

Post by SpeedyExiter »

I had Century link guy check my 12mb conn. last week and found zero issues,he said he suspected that its an issue that occurs when i pass thru another ISP , like Comcast or a 1/2 a dozen other ISP systems enroute to the server AND BACK.
Then ..yesterday I met with a Cox Cable installer/tech yesterday that was working on a job site i'm doing electrical work on and he's gonna trace all my lines,make sure they are stable, hook me up to Cox's cable line at 50 mb speed,and let me try it for a lil while .All for free!If it's good then i'm gonna can Century links ass on my Phone,Direct tv,and internet.and go over to Cox for phone,and internet,and get another dish service ,about same price and then race my friggin ass off! .....bitches! lol :meanlaughter
DusterLag
League Member

Post by DusterLag »

SpeedyExiter wrote: hook me up to Cox's cable line at 50 mb speed,and let me try it for a lil while .All for free!
Cant beat that deal!
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver
bover907
League Administrator

Post by bover907 »

I was already fed up with Frontier "high speed" internet, and contemplating ditching them. It took two disconnects to convince me that it was worth the early termination fees to ditch them, and go to cable. Only thing that sucks is cable is no where as good as directv, but the internet is light-years better.
Bover907
Old School Racing

Image Image