My connection issue last race

General announcements, discussion, and rumors about the league.
Hammer
League Member

My connection issue last race

Post by Hammer »

I experience warp like I've never had before. Any other time, the other cars on my screen would ghost and or warp too. On my screen everyone was running fine, so I figured it was just some pockets of a little bounciness. I apologize to Kyle to basically ruining his run. I was completely unaware it was that spin others out kinda warp. I'm not going to take the route of calling the NHRL server the problem and this and that, whatever. I truly can't say because this is the only league I will race in.

I have a history of connection problems, mostly because I'm dirt cheap, but right after the race I went and played battlefield 3, with steam and orgin in the background, and with itunes running. My ping connecting to a European server: 90. To a sever in seattle: 55. I did absolutely nothing different tonight than in previous races, and other games ran perfectly fine. I acknowledge my internet is tolerable at best, but this seemed to be a different scenario for my own personal warp issues and other games ran perfect.

Now I can build and assemble a PC but when it comes to internet connects and issues I'm clueless. I'm hoping someone could have some insight on this issue. I mean I literally have nothing else running when playing heat, but with more advanced games I can load up crap connected to the internet and it has such a miniscule impact on much more advanced games.
In Reef we trust.
DusterLag
League Member

Re: My connection issue last race

Post by DusterLag »

hammer wrote:I experience warp like I've never had before. Any other time, the other cars on my screen would ghost and or warp too. On my screen everyone was running fine, so I figured it was just some pockets of a little bounciness. I apologize to Kyle to basically ruining his run. I was completely unaware it was that spin others out kinda warp. I'm not going to take the route of calling the NHRL server the problem and this and that, whatever. I truly can't say because this is the only league I will race in.

I have a history of connection problems, mostly because I'm dirt cheap, but right after the race I went and played battlefield 3, with steam and orgin in the background, and with itunes running. My ping connecting to a European server: 90. To a sever in seattle: 55. I did absolutely nothing different tonight than in previous races, and other games ran perfectly fine. I acknowledge my internet is tolerable at best, but this seemed to be a different scenario for my own personal warp issues and other games ran perfect.

Now I can build and assemble a PC but when it comes to internet connects and issues I'm clueless. I'm hoping someone could have some insight on this issue. I mean I literally have nothing else running when playing heat, but with more advanced games I can load up crap connected to the internet and it has such a miniscule impact on much more advanced games.
What was your ping to the server and from the server that night? (I'm guessing you don't happen to know) This would be the place to start for sure in the future.

What OS are you running?
DusterLag - dusterlag.com
HeatFinder Admin, ARL Director, TMS Moderator, Driver